Term 8 Domestic Thread

Robi D

Minister of (Dis)Order
Sorry for bring a bit slow get this up and running.

Kuningas has already posted a wide range of screenshots in the presidents thread so i wont double up here but i will post some in the near future.

Also if you have any domestic questions/suggestions here is the place to post it:)

Has kuningas ever come home one day a bit tired from work and then just hit you around a bit? ;)

An Update for tech trades we have made.

Code:
	We have sent		We have received
Team	Techs		Value 	Techs		Value 
Innovia	Hunting		40	Mysticism	50
	Sailing		100	Polytheism	100
	Maths		250	Alphabet	300
	Metal Casting	450	Code of Laws	350
	Iron Working	200	Priesthood	60
	Machinery	700	Literature	200
	Calendar	350	Civil Service	800
	Music		600	Meditation 	80
	Construction	350	Feudalism	700
	Paper 		600	HorsebackRiding	250  	
	Theology	500	Philosophy  	800

Total			3940			3690
			+450			-450

Loco	Metal Casting	450	Masonry		80
	Music		600	Monotheism	120
				Monarchy	300
				Theology	500
				gold		100
Total			1050			1100
			-50			+50

Piffle	Maths		250	Machinery	700
	Calendar	350	Currency	400
	Civil Service	800	Construction	350

Total			1400			1450
			-50			+50

Epsilon

Well i've been thinking about it for a while now and after much thought here is General Robi's Draft plan to take Piffle out, Codename: Operation Farewell

Technicals
On Farewell Day (F-Day) 4 galleons full of troops hit Hamburger. 5 turns later 2 galleons worth of troops hit Brilliant. The Hamburger group will split with a third heading towards Twaddle and two thirds heading for Balderdash to jion up with the Brillant assault group. Some troops will of course remain to guard Hamburger. By around F-day +10 we should be hitting Balderdash and Twaddle at the same time with fresh troops arriving in Twaddle. With this accompished the troops head off into the unseen inland to finish off any cities before returning to take Piffles Elephant city. All in all if all goes well by 10 turns Piffle shall be rendered inept and by 20 turns consigned to history.

An alternative is to raze Hamburger too to maximise the attacking force for phase 2.

Reasoning
By taking Hamburger we split Piffle virtually into 2. Their defences from there will focus there draw away troops from Brilliant, which should be despensed with easily. From this point we can attack both Twaddle and Balderdash from 2 front and leaving Piffle defences divided as the distance between Twaddle and Balderdash is too great for troops to be able to move to cover both.

With the 4 main coastal cities gone, its just a matter of mopping up any cities remaining inland and taking the elephants for ourselves. If it goes to plan the war will be fairly short and should give us plenty of time to cover any Epsilon moves.

We don't need galleons to cross canal. Galleys can sail in ocean tiles inside our cultural borders. We should only build galleons if Innovia is willing to research Astronomy and trade it for us.

We do need Galleon, as they have 4MP to galleys 2MP. They will see the galleys coming and adjust. With galleons we can take a city before they know what hit them.

I'm sure we can convince Innovia to get Galleon's for us if we give them Cavalry:).

sounds like a good trade with innovia...also could offer them a NAP till a set date.

I had a look. Innovia would need to research Compass (572), Optics (858), Astronomy (2860). Total 4290

We would need to research Nationalism (2574), Military Tradition (2860). Total 5434

Given the difference we could choose another tech as part of the trade like Guilds. At the very least its worth putting a proposal to them.

i say do it and hope they go for it.

Here is a few additional screenshots from Turn 143

Our Finances. As you can see the number of cities cost is the biggest cost factor

Our Military. More longbows and maces are on the way.

The Power Graph. As you can see around 100BC all 5 teams were even in power, it is since the that Epsilon has increased more rapidly. The rest of us arn't too far apart although Piffle has a slight lead

When viewing the culture from the Satellite view is reveals a few squares of Loco's territory. As you can see Innovia, Epsilon and us are in the North, Loco and Piffle in the South. This leaves Epsilon in a difficult position because if we coordinated with Innovia we could attack them from opposite directions.

I noticed that Epsilon has founded 9 cities. We have 8 cities at the moment. It's time to plan next city location. Planned city Allegra is in south coast, and we haven't located iron. These are two we will settle later. Before that I suggest we settle two cities. See map. Both have plenty of food resources, two resources we don't have sheep and Incence. What you guys do think?

Epsilon must have raced out 3 settlers in a short space of time.

The suggestion is good, but if we are to use Allegra as a city to focus on building our navy then we need to get it up and running so it can grow enough to build ships at a decent rate.

We definately need to find where the Iron is exactly so we know where to expand to get it in our hands.

My suggestion would be to settle Allegra and the Northern location in your suggestion

scout north first then decide... We may have to bridge with a city or two to get to the iron

Been a while since i posted some screenshots, so here is a bunch of them:)
Firstly, all our cities

Aloha

Hello

Hej

Kia Ora

Privet

Ciao

Guten Tag

Konnichi wa

And finally the Victory screen, note we are leading the race for the Cultural victory:lol:

Top Bottom