1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 8 President's Thread

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by Kuningas, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Kuningas

Kuningas Chieftain

Welcome to term 8.

I start this same way as I did term 7. I have made copy of current world (turn 140) in world builder and played 20 turns in it. That world does not contain rival civs. It has some minor flaws, no foreign trade routes etc.

Two important buildings in term 8 are National Epic and Globe Theater. NE is to be built in Hello and GT in Aloha. Primary infrastructure in rest of cities should be near finished after term 8 ends. Fishing villages will get Lighthouse and Library. Core cities get Forge and Barracks. All cities get Granary and Theater.

Science is slow going. Without tech trades we learn HBR in turn 4, Nationalism in turn 23 and Military Tradition in turn 40. I have a few tricks up my sleeve to increase science rate. We could try to create 1-3 Great Artists to lightbulb Nationalism/MT. Mainly I would create them in National Epic city Hello.

May I remind that trend is to put us towards production/military power, and so I'm doing. If there is any opposition against this tendency say that now or be silent at least until term 8 ends.

Spoiler autolog result: :
    Turn 1
    Research begun: Horseback Riding
    Ciao finishes: Granary

Turn 2
    Ciao begins: Theatre
    Hello finishes: Longbowman

Turn 3
    Hello begins: Granary

Turn 4
    Tech learned: Horseback Riding
    Privet's borders expand

Turn 5
    Research begun: Nationalism
    Hej begins: Catapult
    Hej finishes: Forge

Turn 6
    Kia Ora finishes: Library
    Hello finishes: Granary

Turn 7
    Kia Ora begins: Lighthouse
    Hello begins: National Epic
    Guten Tag grows: 4
    Hej grows: 6
    Konnichi wa grows: 4
    Aloha grows: 10

Turn 8

Turn 9
    Konnichi wa begins: Lighthouse
    Hej finishes: Catapult
    Konnichi wa finishes: Granary
    Ciao finishes: Theatre

Turn 10
    Ciao begins: Lighthouse
    Guten Tag finishes: Forge
    Kia Ora grows: 5
    Kia Ora's borders expand
    Hello grows: 7
    Privet grows: 4

Turn 11
    Guten Tag begins: Barracks
    Hej grows: 7

Turn 12
    Guten Tag grows: 5
    Ciao grows: 3

Turn 13
    Guten Tag finishes: Barracks
    Hej finishes: Catapult
    Konnichi wa grows: 3

Turn 14
    Guten Tag begins: Catapult
    Hej begins: Settler
    Guten Tag's borders expand

Turn 15
    Aloha finishes: Globe Theatre
    Hello grows: 8
    Privet grows: 5

Turn 16
    Aloha begins: Lighthouse
    Kia Ora grows: 6
    Kia Ora finishes: Lighthouse

Turn 17
    Kia Ora begins: Barracks
    Guten Tag grows: 6
    Guten Tag finishes: Catapult

Turn 18
    Guten Tag begins: Worker
    Konnichi wa grows: 4
    Konnichi wa finishes: Lighthouse
    Aloha finishes: Lighthouse

Turn 19
    Konnichi wa begins: Theatre
    Aloha begins: Barracks
    Hej finishes: Settler
    Kia Ora grows: 7
    Aloha grows: 11
    Ciao grows: 4
    Ciao's borders expand

Turn 20
    Hej begins: Granary
    Guten Tag finishes: Worker
    Hello finishes: National Epic

Estimated demographics in turn 160.

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Can we have a few maces built first- so we get some protection in our coastal cities.

3. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Military is where we need to go...Good job. Half way in if things go differently we can always slow down military.

Also I agree with a few maces or something thats a good city guard...maybe even a spear or two in case someone gets cute with some horsies.

4. Kuningas

Kuningas Chieftain

If you look closer at autolog you see that Hej builds Catapults whole term. Maces could be better though.

5. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I saw that hej did build cats all term but i was meaning immediatly, we want to at least have a mace in any cities that could be attacked.

6. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

As far as cities getting attacked, the main concern would be our east coast from Epsilon as we would not get much advanced warning. From the plan i would i sacrifice some cats for maces/longbows to get our defences up and running.

Also we need to make a solid tech trade deal with Innovia. And if we are going to take the top half then they need to take the bottom. They also share in the Epsilon threat but on there west coast. They need to at least get us to caravels so we have something to be able to give us advance warning and defend us to a degree.

Finally depending on how things are going we might want to move the settler forward on the schedule.

7. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Yes- however if we let them into any long term deal we may have to let them into the fact we're attacking piffle. Do we really want that?

8. Kuningas

Kuningas Chieftain

Finance
    +26 :science: 20%
    +113 :gold: 100%
    -46 :gold: Total expenses
    169 :gold: stored
    Horseback Riding in 12 turns (1/356)

Workers
    Electrician: Build a mine, finished in 2
    Gas Fitter: Clear jungle, finished in 2
    Builder: Clear junglen, finished in 2
    Blumber: S, build a farm, finished in 2
    Carpenter: W, build a farm, finished in 5
    Brick Layer: build a farm, finished in 3

Cities
    Aloha (9) worked tiles are pastured pig, rice, 3 lake tiles, 3 mined hills and river grass village.
    Hello (6) worked tiles are pastured cow, 2 farmed grass, grass town, forest hill, mined copper mountain.
    Hej (7) worked tiles are clams, coastal tile, pastured grass cow, pastured plains cow, 3 mined mountains.
    Kia Ora (6) worked tiles are Dyes, Bananas, mined mountain and 2 lake tiles, farmed grass.
    Privet (3) worked tiles are 3 lake tiles.
    Guten Tag (3) worked tiles are flood plains, farmed flood plains and mined copper mountain.
    Ciao (2) worked tile are 2 Dyes.
    Konnichi wa (3) worked tiles are farmed rice, grass forest and lake tile.

More screenshots in this term. Hopefully regulars screens are F1, Demographics, satellite view.

9. Love

Love Chieftain

Good... We build archers and longbowmans... They are so annoying while Attacking and the enemy just got longbowmans as far the eye can see....

10. Kuningas

Kuningas Chieftain

I build archer only for one turn, so I can pop rush it in next turn if barbarian archer threatens Privet. We have one axeman in area but no other units.

11. robboo

robboo Chieftain

man is it me or does Piffle seem to be insane throwing that city more than two city widths away. They are also really dam close to Epsilon and had to have met really early in the game. I dont buy their story of wanting to get rid of Epsilon. I am starting to think they may have their eyes on us. It makes more sense.

HONESTLY....we ought to focus our attack on the Twaddle. The drain on their gnp will be huge as we pluck off cities. It would be the last to become their capital. Robi D took my city in a similar distance in our PBEM...when he did it actually gave me a benefit in gnp to last a much longer time. The difference here and in that game was my city was strategically important..this one isnt.

12. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I thought that was established weeks ago?

They probably grabbed the ivory for a defence against us- with elephants offering +50% against mounted thats the best defence against cossacks as we cant find any iron.

13. robboo

robboo Chieftain

ah ok....I remember that now. OK so we have to kill it first.

14. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

No the idea originally that it wasnt going to be of much value to take it immediatly but i think we should reconsider it and have a couple of cossacks standing by to move against it.

15. dl123654

dl123654 Chieftain

How about instead of taking the ivory city, land with two horses. Next turn destroy the camp and road and get back on the boat, that way they don't get the elephants anymore and still have to pay for the city. After that any boat going by with units can check for the rebuild camp and hit it again as nesessary.

Edit:
    Just started to think about it and the war elephants are not going to be a problem anyway.

The cossack has:
    Unique unit for Russia; Replaces Cavalry
    Doesn't receive defensive bonuses
    Can withdraw from combat (30% chance)
    +50% vs. Cannon
    +50% vs. Mounted Units

Whereas the War elephant has:
    Doesn't receive defensive bonuses
    +50% vs. mounted units

Therefore we both have the +50% against mounted units. Therefore our 18vs8 becomes even better.

Just conformed it in the world builder we had a +90% chance against war elephants, promotions didn't change it much for them. In fact the first unit they could use against the cossacks and have a good chance of winning is rifles.

Furthermore a unpromoted cossack has a +70% chance attacking a longbowmen with city defense 1, on a hill with 60% city defense. We will need catapults when they get muskets though.

Sorry for the long post but I don't want to work on my senior project :mischief:

16. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

yeah the first unit to protect against them is rifles but at that point piffle get redcoats.... we should hopefully get em out the way by then.

was speaking to whomp again last night about it, he said basically they've been forced into trading with epsilon- again seems to be blaming us for that.

17. robboo

robboo Chieftain

The thing thats cool to do is to have the cats to actually attack the city. When there are bunches of troops there. The first 2 or 3 may lose but then when the collateral damage starts hurting them the cats start winning. You then get promoted cats which you can use to upgrade to cannons which start to be just city garrison killers. You run the cossacks to kill anything moving, the cats with some maces to take the cities.

So i am assuming that next term should be the attack???? I like the idea of pillaging the ivory...for nothing more than to kill a happy face.

Sweet is telling me the same thing saying that no one will trade with them but Epsilon. I think its time we make a deal with innovia. Piffle is a bunch of twisting the truth group of people, I think that was there plan from the start. they want to win sneakily...

18. Love

Love Chieftain

OR we can just first bombard the city and reduce defence...

19. robboo

robboo Chieftain

that takes too long vs humans which may still be fight capable...my method is sort of an ancient blitzkrieg. I have also brought along a Great artist and cultured bombed the city after i took it. This rolls back the borders and end the anarchy which then puts them defending in your territory which usually spells the end of them. Their only option is to withdraw back to their borders to use their roads in which time they have loss the city and basically have to fight a retreating battle.

20. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

Or we could use nukes. ;)