1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 8 - Tempest Province

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Government' started by Cyc, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Welcome friend to Tempest Province.

Formally named "Wine and Dine" Province, these great lands have been shaped and nourished by the storms coming from the sea. Our fruitful plains are abundant with products brought in daily to the cities. Fed also by the bountiful rivers in the area, almost every corner of the Province thrives on agriculture. Our cities grow large with well -fed citizens and are well known for their manufactured goods.

I speak to you now from Oil Springs, soon to be renamed, as are most of the cities in this young Province, hopefully. More on that later. Oil Springs will be known as the Capital City of Tempest Province, and I will be its Mayor, as well as the Provincial Governor. I am looking forward to finding new Mayors for our other cities, so please, if you would like to be part of our local Government, sign up for Mayor in the city of your choice.

I would definitly like to thank all the beautiful people who voted for me. Please stop in for a complimentary bottle of Tempest Wine.

Below you will find Province Business, to include the newly proposed names for our cities. The emphisis of the naming will be on Germany, which is some of the most beautiful country-side in the world. I know, some one you will say you've never heard of Germany, but trust me, some of us who have been around for 6 thousand years remember it well.

At this point, I'd like to welcome my Deputy Governor, ikey. We have our work cut out for us, ikey.

A toast will begin our first steps into the 8th Term,...

"To the Modern Age..."

2. Cyc

As of now, the following build Queues will be submitted for our Province:

Trier - Worker, Wealth

Stormguard - Worker, Wealth

St. Wendel - Switch to Harbor, Wealth

Saarburg - Switch to Harbor, Wealth
    ..........................Send one Infantry to Stormguard

Mosel - Worker, Wealth

Goigouen - Occupied by the Russians

Palatine - Temple (c), Wealth

Bitburg - Switch to Temple, Library, Wealth
    ...........................Rail desert road to St. Regis

Koln - Switch to Marketplace, Wealth

Bonn - Switch to Marketplace, Wealth
    ...........................Pleas irrigate this area

Koblenz - Temple (c), Wealth

Prum - Worker (c), Temple, Wealth

3. Cyc

Tempest Province Flag:

Tempest Province Map:

Tempest Province Motto:

"Our revels now are ended..."

Tempest Province Logo

OTHER BUSINESS

City renaming - Following are the proposed name changes for the cities in Tempest Province. These proposed changes will be put forward in a poll of the people for approval. Please review them, and I hope they meet with your approval.

Oil Springs---> Trier

Caughnawaga---> Stormguard

Mauch Chunk---> St. Wendel

Gandasetaigon---> Saarburg

Grand River---> Mosel

Goigouen---> (Is still held by the Russians)

Akwesasne---> Palatine

Alleghany---> Bitburg

Tonawanda---> Koln

Uruk---> Bonn

Krasnoyarsk---> Koblenz

Karachi---> Prum

4. Paalikles

Paalikles Emperor

Greetings Governor Cyc, and congratulations on winning the elections :)

You will find maps on your province in the Carthographic Office - I believe they are updated, so they should suit you fine.

Great logo :thumbsup:

5. Cyc

Thank you, kind sir, and a fine job you have done on your Province thread. I see you're quite active in the government these days. Good for you. Stay happy, and here's your bottle of wine.

6. Cyc

The build queues for Tempest Province have been posted in Post #2 of this thread.

As I look at the save and read the forums, I'm making an educated guess that the game has about 50 turns left. With all of the cities in Tempest Province at 1 spt production, except for Krasnoyarsk, production will be minimal. Therefore I have decided to concentrate on Wealth, after a number of needed improvements are built or rushed. By implementing the above instructions (to include the Harbors) Fanatika's Gold intake per turn will be raised about 30gpt.

As we now have about 220 Workers, with 9 currently in production, I realy think producing more workers would be a waste of our cities population. We will be caputuring more and more workers as our Armies progress. Having said this, please note that because of not wanting to waste shields, I am still producing 4 Workers in Tempest Province. These will be my last contribution to our work force.

It will also take too long for any of my cities to produce Military units or any city improvements that are not necessary. Hopefully, we will get some improvements rushed, but it may be a little early for that. So, at this time, the above plan seems to be the best direction for our cities.

7. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

What is that now, two provinces you've bestowed a name upon?

Congrats, governor. I must request, however, for the sake of my sanity, that you shrink or remove those city pictures near the top - It's gonna take forvever for me to load...

8. Cyc

Sorry about that Sir Octavian X. The pics will be needed for a short time, as i need to get the initial lay-out of laborers done for this Term. Once this turn chat is over and the changes have been made, I'll replace them with links. (I'm only running 40k on my modem and those pics load almost instantaneously for me.)

BTW, thank you. (3 total with Kashmir!)

9. Cyc

Our Poll to seek approval to rename the cities of Tempest Province has received a quorum level number of votes, and the proposal has passed! Tomorrow's Turn Chat Instructions for this Province will have an official request for our new President, Chieftess, to rename our cities according to the proposal.

Three Cheers! Thank you everyone! :D :goodjob:

10. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Hmm, the turnchat is today. :)

11. Cyc

Thank you CT. I realize my mistake now. I wrote that at 3 0'clock in the morning, so officially, today hadn't started for me yet. :)

12. Cyc

Just the facts, maam.

The build queues in post #2 are true, but the names have been changes to protect the innocent.

13. Cyc

Sorry to inform the people of tempest province, but the rich and powerful who rule this country have decided to make the people of Tempest Province a slave factory. Because the ruling class decided to ignore or change the posted build queues, our Province is producing more Workers than the rest of the entire Nation! This has got to stop as they are limiting the growth of our cities. In order to complete our Domination Victory, we need a very healthy population. Stunting the growth of our cities is not the way to get there.

I am sorry to say this, but if the ruling class keeps ignoring or changing my posted build queues, I will be resigning. Even if they come to me with some lame excuse about how they need 300 Workers instead of 250 Workers, Ill still resign. This is complete stupidity. They haven't even started implementing their ~20 Plan. They're just building Workers. Absurd.

Anyway I'd just thought I'd let you know. When they come for your children to work on some chain gang, remember what I told you.

14. Cyc

Well, after being banned from my own Province, I've decided to test the waters, so to speak, and post here once again. Looks like we're almost at end game.

15. Cyc

People of Tempest Province!

Thank you for your continued support. As the game has come to an end, I will now be retiring from Governorship of Tempest Province. I'm not quite sure where you'll all be heading, but history will record the greatness of Tempest Province.

I am really proud to see Trier, the Capital City of Tempest Province in the Victory Screen (along with several other outstanding TP cities). Your name will live on.

Conratulations!