1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 8 - The Senate of Fanatika

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Government' started by Shaitan, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

The Senate is a body comprised of all Provincial Governors of Fanatika. This thread serves as a central location for contact to all governors as well as a discussion point for items of interest or import to the Senate.

Term 7 Senate Thread

2. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

We are at war and will most likely be that way until we achieve domination.

Big provinces (production wise) need to concentrate on military unit production (panzers and infantry right now). At the moment panzers are the priority but we can't neglect infantry or our panzers will be stuck garrisoning newly conquered cities.

Young provinces (containing recently captured territory) need to solidify Fanatikan cultural borders through construction of libraries.

Except for the libraries noted above, culture producing improvements are no longer necessary except where happiness is a concern.

Workers are still needed in large numbers so cities that have low production but already have a library should be considered for worker factory duty.

Provinces without full rail nets need to speak up and badger the DP to get these completed. Coastal and border towns without a proper garrison (obsolete unit in attendance) need to apply for an infantry garrison. Internal cities with multiple infantry doing MP duty need to swap those infantry to the frontlines and coast and take in the "venerable" units.

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Though I am the VP, I wish to partisipate in the Senatoral discussions and throuw out some Ideas and Suggestions :).

4. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Shaitan, should a Courthouse be mandatory to build in newly conquered provinces to lower corruption?

5. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

As I look at the save and read the forums, I'm making an educated guess that the game has about 50 turns left. With all of the cities in Tempest Province at 1 spt production, except for Krasnoyarsk, production will be minimal. Therefore I have decided to concentrate on Wealth, after a number of needed improvements are built or rushed. By implementing the above instructions (to include the Harbors) Fanatika's Gold intake per turn will be raised about 30gpt.

As we now have about 220 Workers, with 9 currently in production, I realy think producing more workers would be a waste of our cities population. We will be caputuring more and more workers as our Armies progress. Having said this, please note that because of not wanting to waste shields, I am still producing 4 Workers in Tempest Province. These will be my last contribution to our work force.

It will also take too long for any of my cities to produce Military units or any city improvements that are not necessary. Hopefully, we will get some improvements rushed, but it may be a little early for that. So, at this time, the wealth plan seems to be the best direction for our cities.

6. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

It would be up to the individual governor. Generally speaking a courthouse in a corrupt city would need to get rushed to have any real effect in this game.

7. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Well spoken Senator Cyc. I agree with your plan for Tempest. Wealth would have a larger benfiet than would anything else.

Thank you for clearifying that Senator Shaitan.

8. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

A thread has been posted in the discussion forum for the ~20 Plan. All governors are requested to participate with feedback on the plan and city identification in their provinces.

9. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Fellow governors, please support the renaming of the captured American city of Denver. LINK

10. GenMarshall

@Shaitan - I am yet to be confurmed Govenor of a Provance of The Shore". I would like to support the Renaiming and the size 20 plan

11. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

I am also supportive of the ~20 plan. Ive got all my cities that are 12 or approaching 12 building hospitals.
    All micromanaging tips are helpful.

12. GenMarshall

Global Adnouncement to the Senate

My recent Confirmation Council Poll has met a Quorom with 5 Yeses in which officaly make me a Govenor of "The Shore" Province. I wish to help out other Governors and Shaitan with the ~20 Plan.

13. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

Geez, CG. Lot of errors here... Confirmation, Quorom, which, Province, Governors. Sheesh... Anyway, welcome to the Senate! Noldodan gives CG an Even greeting at the door to the Senate.

14. Cyc

As a Governor, I am very pissed off. I have just reviewed my province in today's save and have found that my Province is producing just as many Workers as the rest of our entire frickin' Nation. Not only is it absurd AND stupid to try to go for 300 orkers as opposed to the 250 Workers we have now, but the fact that my build queues were ignored or changed really shows that I was right before in placing my PI requests.

We also went 6 turns this chat and not one city saw the benifits of the ~20 Plan. What's wrong didn't have enough Workers?

This is just a formal notice that if my Province Build Queues aren't followed from here to the end of my Term, I will be resigning. I also don't want to hear any low-life excuses about how the public supported the ~20 Plan and my Province was deemed the major Worker Factory. If you can't follow Build Queues then you can have your Province back.

15. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

1 - I had a council vote. True, we have tons of workers, BUT, those extra workers can 'grow' into the cities with the size 20 plan.

2 - The size 20 plan certainly is in effect. Look at cities like Bizen, Kyoto, Kuhkaff (it still needs approval from Stuck for those tiles), Starke, Plexenberg, Miami, Philly. I've gotten several cities where panzers were built in 2 turns instead of 3.

3 - There is a rule about officials not following the will of the people...

Let's not repeat what happened last time. I also had Feodor wanting to build rails as part of the attack plan. Also, if you notice, I HAVE been adding foreign workers to our most productive cities. Also, please cut out any vulgarities - however light. Remember, the forum rules still apply.

16. Cyc

You're just being vindictive CT. And don't threaten me with your Mod powers. There is no reason to build more Workers and you know it. You're just doing this action like you always have. You have a personal grudge and you are using your powers of office to carry out your whims. Typical. You do it every chance you get.

Oh, true leader. Kuhkaff is not in stucks Province, why would we need his approval. You're just on a rampage.

I do follow the will of the people. I didn't see any poll that says we have to build our worker force in excess of 250 Workers. You're just threatening me again. 2 words CT, Increase you medication!

Plus, as you put the wrong turn chat log in the Instruction thread, and then closed and buried the thing, you can't prove there was any council votes to make any changes to my build queues. Or was that just more fabrication.

Now I suppose you're going to come back and threten mre with more of your Mod powers. How democratic.

17. GenMarshall

Before I start my Queues for "The Shore". Is ther anything in the ~20 Plan that I should build?

18. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

Amen my fellow Govenor CYC! God bless you!

I would like to propose an Announcement from Govenors collectively denouncing CYC's ban. What do you think?

19. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

When and why was Cyc banned?

20. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Do that, and you'll end up banned yourself. The demogame still falls under forum rules. Also, I asked you in the chatroom to shorten your sig, it's a line too long.