Term 8 - The Senate of Fanatika

I would like to turn our attention away from this afternoons event and focus more on the needs of our nation. I beleve that the Govenors should go ahead and Follow the ~20 Plan. This plan will help us achive our victory by providing more gpt into our coffers. More people, more tiles that has been worked on. Will equal a greater income for the empire.

Please remember that discusson of bans and such is not appropriate to this forum. If you wish to comment on this subject, do it via PM to one of the moderators.

We are covered for population for our domination victory condition. We have enough population invested in workers where we can meet those victory conditions by putting workers back into cities. For land coverage we need to expand our cultural borders to include all of the coastland and empty spots from new conquests. Any governor that has bald spots in their province should rush libraries in those cities.

CT - You never asked me to shorten my signature while I was 'active' in the chat, and if you did, I missed that.

What power then, do we have as a collective if we cannot send our approval or disgrace at an event? You are now going to take away our voice? Our power? You made a political move Chieftess, and it is now our turn. But instead of letting us play, once again, you are going to cheat and take away all political opposition. This whole game is going to have opposition to you Chieftess, and whenever that opposition becomes heated, dont pull out your power stick. In a political debate, I cant ban someone for 3 days to steamroll ahead.

Since we are unable to talk about the 'ban', let us talk about the root of the problem. CYC's build queues have been blatantly ignored. I suggest that we as a group denounce that. What do you think?

Goonie, I did yesterday:
[21:15] <@Chieftess> Goonie - your sig is 1 line too long

I even told you to put the last two sentences on 1 line.

A Council Vote legally overrides a governor's build queues. I don't see an issue here.

[13:21] <@Chieftess> 8,12[11,12 Spot Council Vote 8,12]2,0 Should
we take the Tempest off of wealth and build workers
instead? (4 Yes/No/Abstain )
[13:21] <@Chieftess> "Let's grow some cities!"
[13:22] <@Chieftess> (CG)
[13:22] <@Chieftess> (beep)
[13:22] <@CivGeneral_SG> Vote = Yes
[13:22] <+BlueStrider> Yes
[13:22] <@Chieftess> 8,3[9,3 Measure Passes 8,3]

In this particular case I agree with the override as well. Right now we cannot have enough workers. We need them to build blitzkrieg lanes for our continuous war effort as well as to fulfill the goals of the ~20 Plan. When we have secured enough territory to achieve victory these workers will be added back into cities to meet the population requirements. Fully corrupt cities are far more productive towards the overall Fanatikan goal when building workers than by building nothing. Remember that putting the build queue on wealth does not mean that wealth is produced. A fully corrupt city will have no effect on the balance sheet when set to wealth as they only produce a small portion of a single gold each turn and that is lost to rounding.

@Shaitan - Sorry to drift off topic but when did that log has taken place (Just curious BTW since I see my name as CivGeneral_SG and I remembered that I was Finishing up a Secession Game at the time)

BTT (Back to Topic). Shaitan, I will incorporate some courthouses and other corrupion reducing improvements, to better help the ~20 Plan, into my proivance, "The Shore" since it is ridden with a bit of corrupion. Though not much. I wish to see "The Shore" play an active role in the ~20 Plan.

@CG - The log is from the most recent chat, the one where CT's queue change has been called into question.

Any city that has only a single shield production should not build a courthouse as it will not help. These cities will be much more helpful by building workers.

Shaitan - Would you recomend that the 1spt cities build Workers and gradualy build up it's population. what about the 1>x spt Greater than 1 spt) cities. Would they get to build courthouses or would that be up to a 2>x spt (Greater than 2 spt) city?

(Note: Please exscuse the "x" in the posts like "1>x" since I was doing Algebra homework at the time of this post)

Originally posted by Shaitan
A Council Vote legally overrides a governor's build queues. I don't see an issue here.

In this particular case I agree with the override as well. Right now we cannot have enough workers. We need them to build blitzkrieg lanes for our continuous war effort as well as to fulfill the goals of the ~20 Plan. When we have secured enough territory to achieve victory these workers will be added back into cities to meet the population requirements. Fully corrupt cities are far more productive towards the overall Fanatikan goal when building workers than by building nothing. Remember that putting the build queue on wealth does not mean that wealth is produced. A fully corrupt city will have no effect on the balance sheet when set to wealth as they only produce a small portion of a single gold each turn and that is lost to rounding.

And that's exactly why workers are in the military advisor screen. Mobility. Mobility. Mobility.

A courthouse might possibly help a 2 spt city get to 3 spt but you also need to look at how much time is left in the game. There are probably a maximum of 20 turns remaining before we have a domination victory. If it is going to take more than a handful of turns to construct then you aren't going to get any benefit from it before the game is over.

Shaitan,

So I leave the 1<x spt Cities build Workers and grow its pop (To support the 1 pop cost for a wrker) and let the 2 or 3>x spt cities build a courthouse (I am planing on having them rushed).

Originally posted by Chieftess
Goonie, I did yesterday: .

I even told you to put the last two sentences on 1 line.

As I have already stated, I was clearly not active at the time, or I would have take the appropriate steps to fix the problem.

Originally posted by Shaitan

I would be far more understanding of your case, if the ~20 plan had been put to a vote, but , it has not. I dont agree with CYC's build queues, but I do not believe that a President should go and REVERSE his queues. The Govenor has been given a mandate by the people to serve his province. I do not believe that CT took appropriate steps in over turning all his queues, and that is why I propose that as a collective, we denounce this action. Do I have any supporters? This is not whether or not you support CYC's queues, this is whether you support Govenors right to Govern their provinces.

Originally posted by Goonie

I would be far more understanding of your case, if the ~20 plan had been put to a vote, but , it has not. I dont agree with CYC's build queues, but I do not believe that a President should go and REVERSE his queues. The Govenor has been given a mandate by the people to serve his province. I do not believe that CT took appropriate steps in over turning all his queues, and that is why I propose that as a collective, we denounce this action. Do I have any supporters? This is not whether or not you support CYC's queues, this is whether you support Govenors right to Govern their provinces.

Goonie, spot council votes are a perfectly legal way to override build queues. You have no legal ground to stand on here, so I suggest you simply drop the subject.

I concur. The Spot Council vote is the method available to the President to correct things that they see are incorrect. A province producing nothing is incorrect, plain and simple. The Council Vote was held legitimately and the results of it are legitimate.

So, the council can completely take away ALL of govenors powers?

That's right Goonie. And now, can we stop this bickering? No offense, but what is in the past is gone, there is no changing it.

Now, back to the demogame:
I support the ~20 plan, and I am having Miami build a Hospital and Factory, to raise its spt. And if it calls for, a Police Station.

Top Bottom