Term 9 Foreign Office

Robi D

Minister of (Dis)Order
I guess i'm back to where i started:) .
This will be the central planning thread for foreign policy:hammer: while the discussions and other stuff will go into the threads of the individual team threads.

At the moment there isn't much happening on the foreign front, but i think its time to engage the other teams in some discussions to try to find some clues about their planning.

The current agenda is;

1. Work out what Innovia are doing, their GNP is..... well crap really. We don't need to be giving piffle-epsilon any advantage. Also keep them informed of our discussions with the other teams so they don't think we are trying to backstab them

2. Find out if Loco are going to trade gunpowder or not

3. Open talks with both piffle and epsilon and try to see what they are up to.

comments/ideas always welcome

4. We need to start stirring the pot a bit, i said we'd tell loco epsilon was planning on attacking them but maybe we should start an epsilon/piffle thing.

4. We need to start stirring the pot a bit, i said we'd tell loco epsilon was planning on attacking them but maybe we should start an epsilon/piffle thing.

I know, it would have seemed a little odd to send them that message after not having communication with them. We need to be a little subtle about it;)

OK lets start the mis-information.

Contact Loco...just talk to them and ask if they heard any juicy gossip. Then after a few back an forth messages we tell them that we heard that someone is thinking of attacking them.

Should I write up a press release for the main page? Something along the lines of a revolution overtaking our country and new people are running the show? Might sow confusion in the enemy and make us seem weaker than we are. Unless we are weak, in which case we would want to appear strong. My Sun Tzu is better than my Civ playing ability.

could do something connected to the daily pineapple- like a press release?

maybe also include something about the 'growing tensions' and 'many different people from different teams confiding in you about the distinct possibilities of war'

We could post 2 daily pineapples and have my group of revolutionaries fighting BC group. Talk about a team split and fighting over who plays the save...just look in complete disarray. :)

How is this?
Spoiler :
A revolution has occurred in Aloha.

For years a section of our population has repressed the people of Aloha and kept us from the glory that we deserve. They have led us down a dark path and supported isolationism. Finally, some noble Alohans have gathered together to throw off the yolk of oppression.

Kuningas led a government based on “democracy” and “freedom”. He and his lower class proletarian supporters voted in their own leaders. The list includes Treasury Secretary Ybbor, in charge of redistributing wealth, and UN Ambassador Robboo, in charge of giving away all of our government secrets and keeping down the rich.

They did not know that the Aristocracy had secretly inserted one of our own into the government. BCLG hid his wealth in off-shore bank accounts and slummed around, acting like a beggar. He made such a convincing bum, he eventually became head of the Foreign Appeasement League. From there, he saw how poorly our government was run, and how we didn’t form strong alliances with anybody. He decided to change that.

The revolution was bloody, but needed. People of wealth across our nation started to treat the poor how they deserved to be treated. No longer would our money be taken to pay for such luxuries as food and medicine. From now on if you can’t pay back your loans, you actually pay a penalty and sit in jail until you give the money back.

A council was formed to set up a new government. For his efforts in enslaving those worse off, BCLG was made the new King of Aloha. Most of the rich people were finally able to buy large tracts of land and were set up as Lords. King BCLG appointed several lords to important positions, including Lord Robi D in charge of the new Foreign Allies Ministry, Lord GeorgeOP as the new UN Representative, and Lord Gandhi Rules as the new Tax Collector.

The only bad news from the revolution is that most of the traitors from the old government have escaped our Torture and Re-education Centers and are still on the lam. There are even rumors that they are still trying to contact the other nations of our world to sabotage our efforts. We will be trying to change the passwords on all of our accounts, but until then it is still possible, and threatened, that they will play our turn without following the orders of King BCLG.

As of this point, Aloha Kingdom is forgiving all nations of their dealings with the country. We are actively looking for trading partners and military partners to help further the money making capability of our upper class. All questions and formal contacts should be directed towards Lord Robi D or Lord GeorgeOP. King BCLG is much too busy to waste his time answering mail. Please ignore all contact with outlaws, as we will treat conspirators the same as the poor class themselves.

nice....but could it backfire.

:lol: nice one george, maybe change ice2k to gandhi rules, gandhi seems to be more active but i could be wrong :)

OK Kuningas...any ideas for our reply?

I suppose its time to dust off the Pineapple, its been a while

Reason for Innovia's lousy GNP. They are paying high unit upkeep costs.
Let's see which side is winning the war.

Well if innovia lose we're kind of screwed, id see loco as effectivly in epsilons pocket now.

A busy night in the foreign office. I hope i'm getting overtime for this Mr. President, otherwise we need to renegotiate my contract:lol:

For a laugh check out the open letter i posted in the main forum in the end of peace thread. A beautiful and emotive piece of work if i do say so myself;)

I also wrote i quick note to Innovia in case they are a bit slow and don't realise i'm just yanking everyones change.

We also got a response from Loco (nothing like a war to speed up the foreign department:) ). Its in the Loco thread along with the letter i sent back in which i brought up the Epsilon threat:goodjob:

In short they said yes to gunpowder + maps for nationalism which will happen in 3 turns when they have researched it. They also asked for a 15 turn non aggression deal (which i said yes) and to give them gold for a tech (which i said we will discuss). All in all a productive night

Top Bottom