Term II Domestic Office

ybbor

Will not change his avata
cons't said:
The Domestic Minister shall be responsible for settlement, sliders, research, wonders, civic changes, and all duties and powers affecting the economy not specified to other leaders. This position shall be elected every term.

Settlement plans:
none currently

research schedule:

currently researching: bronze working

[archery - if no copper], wheel, pottery

wonder plans:
none currently

upcoming civic changes:
slavery with bronze working (? any feedback? remember, with the patch, the upkeep for slavery has been changed to low)

slavery yes..get it on so if you need it its there.

robboo said:
slavery yes..get it on so if you need it its there.

i think we should wait until we've finished our first settler, it may only be a turn but that turn could be crucial in getting it down where we want it etc.

whereas poprushing anything right now will only set us back.

I agree no pop rushing till we need it to keep our people happy or healthy. Dont switch till after we build a settler sounds reasonable also. We want to appear behind in tech when we switch if the other teams see it..

I would be against going to slavery straight away just because we can. If there is a need in the future then do it then otherwise we might go through a turn of anarchy for something we didn't use

my thining is this..salvery switched now stops us from potentionally wasting a turn later when we need it. That turn could very well be the difference in getting something pillaged or having a defender available. I agree we shoudl wait..how about waiting till the next civic comes available and switch at the same time

robboo said:
my thining is this..salvery switched now stops us from potentionally wasting a turn later when we need it. That turn could very well be the difference in getting something pillaged or having a defender available. I agree we shoudl wait..how about waiting till the next civic comes available and switch at the same time

The thing about catherine is the creativity trait expands are borders quicky so surprise attacks are more difficult. However if another civic comes along then i don't have a problem of switch to slavery too. We should aim anyway to do multiple civics changes at once to save on anarchy.

As others have said, on noble i think you can switch 2 civics for 1 turn anarchy with a small sized civ so we should definatly wait.

BCLG100 said:
As others have said, on noble i think you can switch 2 civics for 1 turn anarchy with a small sized civ so we should definatly wait.

I've switched 3 at once in some of my noble games for only a turn of anarchy

Robi D said:
I've switched 3 at once in some of my noble games for only a turn of anarchy

Yer i think thats the limit, i imagine we should wait for a slavery/theocracy switch.

Now that the rice is done i think we should look at mining one of the hills for production.

yep i was planning on, the hill nearest the pigs to save a movement turn for when we get AH :).

BCLG100 said:
yep i was planning on, the hill nearest the pigs to save a movement turn for when we get AH :).

Cool, i was going to suggest building a cottage on the river also, but then i saw we didn't have pottery

Robi D said:
Cool, i was going to suggest building a cottage on the river also, but then i saw we didn't have pottery

yup we should maybe think whether we go for AH or pottery first, it'd be a shame to not use our financial trait to the best we can...

pottery and Ah..how many turns till each. Go for which ever is quicker. Better to have the worker working...if they are the same then go with the cotttage since it needs time to grow.

Well AH is 20 beakers more expensive, so in theory it should be pottery but ill check next term whether we have the pre req techs.

edit-beakers even:)

for pottery you need wheel which i don't think we have

Well thats true robi but were researching the wheel :)

We can research either upon completion

Pottery in 10
AH in 11

Which do we go for?

Also pop growth in 2 same turn as when the warrior finishes, i was planning on fortifying the warrior and starting on a settler-how's that with everyone?

pottery. a food resource isn't exactly a priority

Top Bottom