Term II : Prime Faction ROLEPLAY debate

Feeling confident that the APR's election platform is ready for open debate, and with his confidence boosted by the recent public support from the Protectors of Faith, Seidrik rides into the Palace square. There, he ascends the steps around the famous monument, and speaks to the citizens in the market there.

Fellow citizens of Aretania! The Arkadian Populist Regime has announced our candidacy for the coming election. The Protectors of Faith have pledged an alliance with us, however, this relationship is nothing like the Triad of the Past, but is instead a partnership where my faction, the APR will be the head, and I...with the support of all of you...will be the ruler. My faction is open to forming partnerships with all factions and all guilds. Our aim is to incorporate ideas from all walks of life, so that I will have the most information available to make my decisions for our people...all people of Aretania.

I will listen to you, my people, and my advisors will help me to see the world through the eyes of their experience and their unique perspectives. But it is I who will rule, and I alone, who will bear that burden.

My faction's motto is built on service. You will all be included, discussions will be made public, a list of agenda items will be published in our faction office, and we will have polls for controversial issues. However, as your ruler, I would reserve the right to make the final decision.

Every city in Aretania has a unique heritage already, being formed to service the needs of their founding factions. New Giruvegan is a religious city. Edorai is a military city. Arete is our political and philosophical heart. Arkadia is a budding commercial city, build at the crossroads between us and the Spanish. It makes sense to grant some autonomy to each city, but again, while my faction, and I as the ruler, will listen to your requests, and while we will no doubt grant many of them, our plan for the nation will hold top priority, and we reserve the right to overrule your requests. Rest assured that if we disagree, you will know why, and if we disagree it will be for a good reason. You will not be ignored or pushed aside. Your concerns will be heard, and you will all have many opportunities to help us lead you and form our society.

Grant the APR and our friends the opportunity to lead you all. Vote for me, vote for the APR, and vote for a better future...a stronger and richer future for all of us!

Great question Poverty! As our civilization has expanded, we at the APR have noticed that our treasury has diminished more and more rapidly with each additional city. Additionally, our people have been bartering for things since the beginning of our history. By and large, this practice seems to work, however, I've noticed that some men have taken to trading half a year's harvest for a good horse. Some have no way of ever owning their houses, due to a lack of any way of accumulating enough goods to barter for it, as the assumed value of thier house and land continues to outpace their ability to accumulate something to barter for it. In short, this system of bartering is extremely limiting to our people, and while many upper born families such as my own are doing well, other families appear to be permanently stuck. Additionally...Poverty, how many chickens do you have now as payment for all that ale you sell? Our bartering system isn't doing anyone any favors. It's time for a serious and monumental change.

We, at the APR will strive to find a new economic system for our people, one that allows for more financial mobility.

May I say that I support anything that involves researching Currency :)

Top Bottom