Term III - City of Priapos - The Golden Ages

Gerikes

User of Run-on Sentences.

The side meetingroom inside the Priapos Temple

Hello travelers, and welcome to the Golden City by the Sea!

City: Priapos
Established: 1275 BC
Current Governor: Gerikes
Current Deputy Governor: Position available. PM for more info
Previous City Thread: Term II
History:
The last of the five Fanatikosian cities to be constructed, Priapos was completed and ready for Town duties in 1275 BC under the direction of former Governor Provolution during Term Two. The name "Priapos", as explained by former Governor Provlolution during his nomination speeches, comes from "the son of Aphrodite the love goddess and Dionysos, the God of Wine."

The exact site for Priapos was under heated debate soon after Governor Provolution took office in Term Two. However, Governor Provolution's site won out by a 9-4 margin (with two abstaining) in a nation-wide poll over TimBentley's proposed site, "Priapos on the Steppes" (now located a territory SW of the modern French city of Rouen).

Although Priapos was the last of the five Fanatikosian cities to be built, it was the first city within the nation to complete the construction of a Temple, which was finished in 630 BC. The Temple, made highly of gold from the mine within and around the city, shows some of the finest gold craftmenship of it's time. Also, Priapos was the first city in the history of Fanatikos to attempt the idea of setting aside a portion of the town for a strict "Marketplace" area. At of the beginning of Term Three, no other city of Fanatikos had a Marketplace.

The main exports for Priapos are gold, wines, and fish. With it's site located so close to a mine of gold and other valuable natural resources, mining can be conducted year round. Vineyards lie to the Northeast of Priapos, with a climate that is just warm enough to escape the Tundra of the South, making for a most original tasting wine. Finally, the fishing docks of Priapos, located on the Southwest of the city's shore, rivals closely that of the fishing market in Styx. These resources, along the Marketplace and river that runs alongside Priapos, helped propel Priapos from a small town to the most wealthy city within the Fanatikos empire in just one Term.

My Goals as Governor:
My main theme for this term is "The Golden Ages", and with good reason. Right now, our city has the capability of producing much of the ever so needed wealth of the nation, with a smaller workforce in comparison. My plan will be to organize growth to maximize our commerce with our citizens while still keeping an effective production output to help our improvements along.

One thing I hope to accomplish is to post my exact plans for the next few years in this area at least a full day before posting them to the National Instruction Board. This way, citizens can have a glimpse of what the plans are, and can bring up any issues they may have while there is still time.

Upon the start of the new term, expect to see a thread in the Citizens forum sponsored by myself and perhaps other members of the Nation in deciding the course of action for possible Wonder plans; a hot topic to begin this term.

Enjoy your stay at Priapos!

Priapos News

Oct 4:
As planned, a wonder thread has been put in the Citizens forum. Already with a few days of discussion, you can find it here. Also, there will soon be an informational poll discerning Wonders for the next few technologies posted by President Ravensfire. The idea will be to gather information about what wonders will be focused on so that plans can be made in advanced. Because Priapos is one of three cities without a wonder, we will most likely be a high contender for one of the future plans.

Oct 6:
As promised, President Ravensfire has posted the aforementioned Wonder Poll here.
Also, check out a thread that speaks about when possibly we would be taking Fanatikos out of our researchless state prior to our Great Library becoming a Museum here.

Oct 19:
A post has been posted by myself to determine the course of Priapos now that the Cathedral will be completed. It will hopefully be the breeding ground for the plan of Priapos for the rest of the term. You can find the post here.

Oct 24:
Holy nominations, Batman!
Looks like the term is soon coming to an end. 'alas, I have other projects that I need to turn my attention to, and soon the Fanatikos world will be left behind. As such, I will not be running for reelection in Term 4. Make sure to nominate a great leader for Priapos for the next term!

Oct 27:
Through the land a hush has fallen as citizens reach an apathetic tone towards their civilization that they've spent months raising from the ground. As it is, no candidate accepted their nomination, including myself. Political analysts predict that the President will most likely ask (under Section H.4 of the Code of Laws) the citizens who ran for election in Styx to fill the holes left in the Governship of Priapos and Civatonia. The candidates running for election in Styx are admiral-bell, DaveShack, and vikingruler.

Oct 31:
With the hours dwindling in this month, the term comes to an end. With my attention turned to other matters, I will leave the people of Priapos in the hands that President Ravensfire elects. I feel that I have done my job in ensuring that Priapos stays bustling with growth (by ensuring the satisfaction of the people with the Cathedral) as well as finishing my goal of creating a Library. Also, Priapos played an unseen important role in helping update the army later in the term with other cities updating their infrastructures. As such, a barracks remains in Priapos and I see it coming to great use in the future.

The Galley which found it's way across the western Ocean to another continent, the Fate Tempter II, was captained and crewed by Priapos citizens, trained in our harbor. The nations first Knight was also from Priapos. Finally, Priapos is almost within the range of beginning work on a University, with Education soon coming into the picture. No doubt, Priapos will take it's place as the center of Fanatikos scientific development with the introduction of this, as well as possible wonderful Scientific buildings in the future.

City of Priapos - 150 BC - Proposed Turnchat Instructions

Note: All compass instructions using this compass.

Build queue

Edit: Removed accidental "trebuchet" in build, put towards end
(finish) Harbor -> Galley -> Trebuchet -> Cathedral (or Colloseum if Monotheism has not been achieved)

Worker Actions

-Road the Mined Hill NW of Priapos
If workers are available and are not in danger of Barbs or other problems:
-Mine the Wines ESE of Priapos.
-Fix any terrain that might have been ravaged by Barbs

City Tile Micromanagement:

Turn 0: Place laborers on WNW (fish), 2NW (mined BG), SE (mined BG), 2SE (mined BG), and ESE (wines). This should give us +4 food and +6 shields after corruption.

Turn 3: With the growth at 14/20 and production of the Harbor at 48/60 sheilds, move the laborer from 2SE (mined BG) to NE (roaded forrest). This should put the city at +3 food and +6 shields after corruption.

Turn 5: With the completion of the Harbor and the growth to size 6, keep the same laborer positions as the past two turns and put the sixth laborer on 2SE (mined BG), bringing the city to +4 food and +8 shields after corruption. Start Galley production.

Turn 8: With the growth at 12/20 and production of the Galley at 24/30, switch the laborer from 2SE (mined BG) to W (or any other available coast). This should keep growth at +4 and reduce shields to +6 after corruption.

Turn 9: With the growth at 16/20 and production of the Galley finished, switch the recently moved laborer from the coast back to 2SE (mined BG). This should give the city +4 food and +8 shields after corruption. Start Trebuchet construction.

Turn 10: With the population at 7, put the new laborer on either the NW or N hill. Put on NW if the NW hill has been roaded, otherwise put it on N. This should put us at +3 food and +11 shields after corruption.

Turn 12: The Trebuchet finishes. Move both the laborers on the N or NW (roaded hill) and the laborer on the NE (roaded forest) to two open coastal tiles. This should be giving Priapos +5 food and +7 shields.

If the turnchat goes beyond 12 turns, continue with this setup, micromanaging in the case of a population growth to eight.

There should be no time with the current slider situation where the city will riot unless the slider is dropped without a lux trade. However, if it does riot, I give the DP full responsibility to micromanage around, making sure to concentrate on Growth and Commerce without wasting shields.

Notes:

This plan is reliant on the fact that all tiles stay constant. With barbarians right at the edge of Priapos land, it may not be possible to use the correct tile set due to them stomping all over the place. If they do screw up the set, I leave the DP to try and micro as best as possible, trying to concentrate on growth and commerce along with not wasting food or shields.

---

Extra info (stuff that won't be included in the Turnchat instructions):

The idea of this Turnchat for Priapos is to finish the Harbor, pump out a second Galley for Fanatikos, and grow two levels in Population. If we get to turn 12, a Trebuchet will also be built. With the above build, no food or shields should be wasted. The colloseum at the end shall simply be a placeholder, and if it seems that we might be getting Monotheism soon, will stay in place (with a limited production capability) until we can switch it to a Cathedral.

Also note that if there seems to be a large cry for a War with Germany, I would change the Galley to a Trebuchet.

So long as the polls stay where they are, we will not have war this turnchat. Even if we do, the Trebuchet will probably not be involved, and as such I will do the Galley first.

I've gone over the numbers a ton, and they seem to be right, but after all I am human...

Edits:
-Fixed all "fish" tiles marked "WSW" to the proper "WNW"
-Fixed Turn3's food production from +4 to the correct +3.
-Fixed all hill tiles marked "NE" to the proper "NW"
-Changed end production to Trebuchet, followed by Colloseum

Excellent planning Governor Gerikes. You are a worthy governor of Priapos.

Mr. Governor of Priapos,

Have you already considered the Colossus for this great commercial center?

dominus romae

Unfortunately, there have been rumors heard from afar about another Civilization, the English, who have already built such a wonder.

That's a pity, but they are having an earlier GA. Good for us, because they may still be in Despotism.

City of Priapos - 30AD - Proposed Turnchat Instructions

Note: All compass directions using this compass.

Build Queue:

Change current build from Treb to Hoplite
(finish) Hoplite -> Trebuchet -> Cathedral (or Colloseum prebuild)

Possible Worker Actions:
Mine ESE (Wines)
Road NW (Roadless Hills)
Mine & Road E (Grass)

Being on the edge of war with Germany, I'm sure that the micromanagement will most likely be screwed up by that danged archer. So, try to go as far as possible with this build, but the DP will most likely have to take over. If this happens, try to finish the Treb, then go to the pre-build. When the pre-build starts, MM to concentrate on Commerce unless Monotheism is discovered. In that case, concentrate on Production and Commerce.

Anywhere you see "N" should be put on "NE" if the road in the NE mined hill is complete.

Turn 0: Switch production to Hoplite. Place Laborers on WNW (Fish), ESE (Wines), SE (BG), 2NW (BG), and two coastal squares. This should bring us to +5 food and +5 shields.

Turn 1: Hoplite finishes. Switch to Trebuchet. Place laborers on WNW (Fish), SE (BG), 2NW (BG), 2SE (BG), N (Hill), 2NE (Grass) for +3 Growth, +10 Shields (after Corruption).

Turn2: With population growth to 7, put the new laborer on ESE (Wines). This should move us at +4 growth and +10 shields.

Turn4:The Trebuchet should finish. We should be at 11/40 growth. Concentrate on Commerce by putting the Laborers on WNW (fish), three coastal areas, SE (BG), 2NE (BG), ESE (Wines). This should put the city at +5 growth and +4 shields (You can micromanage these tiles if Olympus needs them, just move the laborers to another 3-commerce tile, or the best commerce tile available. However, if you do this, make sure to do any MM when the growth goes to 8).

Also, if Monotheism is discovered at any time afer finishing the Trebuchet, please re-MM for production and commerce and no waste etc. In that case, ignore the rest of these Labor instructions.

Turn9: With growth at 36/40, move the laborer from 2NE to NE.

Turn10: With population at 8, continue MM for production and commerce.

---

Proposed-version only notes:

Since monotheism seems still a bit away from attaining, I'm looking to still pop out that Trebuchet before starting my pre-build. Also, there is a thread up talking about the possible rise out of our 0% coccoon. This would greatly affect the timing of the builds. See the news for links.

Transcript of a Speech given in the center of Priapos, dated 10/8/150 AD:

To the citizens of Priapos, as well as to the Citizens of Fanatikos:

I would like to apologize for the instructions laid out by myself recently. My impression was that our finding of Monotheism might be a little longer than expected, and as such I tried to increase commerce and growth in our cities to make a very small amount of production. The idea was to keep the production small so that, rather than with a fast production, it would be a small chance that we would arrive at a point where we were at most 5 turns or so away from completing what could be a full cathedral and still not arriving at recieving Monotheism.

There were two things flawed with this thinking: First off was my already discussed overestimation of our time needed to get Monotheism. Second, and more importantly, was the idea of speeding up production later with a small production up front. There was no need for this, and if production did need to be slowed down at all, I now see that a slow-down would have been more appropriate during the middle or later stages of production.

However, what we have now in our city in a fine situation, with Monotheism now being researched by scientists and religious scholars inside our nation. As such, a library built inside Priapos prior to the Cathedral could serve to help our cause for a self-established research plan, and seeing that growth has slowed significantly, the need for a Cathedral seems to not be needed for a good while. Detailed instructions will come soon, but my hope is to ask for any comments on this from the people.

Long live the Golden City of Priapos, and long live Fanatikos!

City of Priapos - 150AD - Proposed Turnchat Instructions

Build Queue:

Continue building Colloseum. Switch to Cathedral if Monotheism is discovered.

Possible Worker Actions:
Mine & Road E (Grass)
Road NNE (Forest)
Mine & Road NNW (Grass)

Build Queue:

Switch from Colloseum to Library
Library -> Cathedral (or Colloseum prebuild)

Possible Worker Actions:
Mine & Road E (Grass)
Road NNE (Forest)
Mine & Road NNW (Grass)

Turn 0: Place Laborers on WNW (Fish), ESE (Wines), 2NW (BG), NW (Hill), SE (BG), 2SE (BG), and a coastal square. This should bring us to +4 growth and +10 shields (after corruption).

Turn 3: With the Library finished, switch production to Cathedral / Colloseum. Switch laborer from the coastal square to NE (forest). This should bring our growth to +3, and bring production up to +12 (after corruption).

Turn 7: With the population grown to eight, place the additional laborer on the E (grass) tile, keeping us at +3 growth and +12 or +13 production (after Corruption) depending upon the Mine situation in that tile.

Turnchat Halts:
Please halt the Turnchat on the 11th turn, if it is reached.

Etc.
Also, please keep an eye on the Colloseum prebuild. If we are within three or so turns of finishing the Colloseum without the ability to switch to a Cathedral or to Sun Tzu's, please MM to decrease the shields to give us a few more turns.

---

Proposed-version only notes:

This is my proposed instructions, should the sliders stay the same. Since the sliders changed on a non-presidential instruction, there is a possibility that they might change from an official presidential instruction. If I recieve word that they will be changing (for example, a much smaller funding for science) I will be changing the instructions.

President Ravensfire has declared that the slider will be reset to 0%. As such, the library will be held back from production, and the prebuild will continue. The modified proposed instructions are above.

Okay, back to the library. The idea here is to get full speed production of the Cathedral without having to worry about the idea of overshooting our goal, while still having a library available if the most likely event of the research starting back up after this turnchat. Also, this allows us to have better chance of avoiding needing to switch the colloseum to a Palace (which is needed by the Templar in the Stables) or one of the other two Great Wonders (which are most likely about to finish in other nations).

Governor,

As a reminder, we have a fairly good-sized treasury, and expect to make over 50 gold per turn for a bit.

If there are projects in your city that make sense to be rushed with extra labor, please post the request in the budget thread.

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatikos

ravensfire said:
Governor,

As a reminder, we have a fairly good-sized treasury, and expect to make over 50 gold per turn for a bit.

If there are projects in your city that make sense to be rushed with extra labor, please post the request in the budget thread.

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatikos

As it is, our current project is the Cathedral. Because of the fact that we do not yet know Monotheism, I'm hesistant to make any rush requests until later on, when Monotheism is discovered, and we don't have to worry about overshooting our goal in production.

Furiey said:
Governor Gerikes,

Please be aware that before too long the Palace will be required as a Knights Templar prebuild for The Augean Stables.

I understood that, which is why I hoped to keep this at a colloseum build until Monotheism. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how long the city of Tours has been building the Great Lighthouse, which means that if Monotheism is not discovered in a reasonable time, the Colloseum might only be able to go to Palace, possibly messing up the Templar build. Of course, I would let the Templar build take the Palace prebuild, but I would hope to avoid that situation all together.

At what turns are you expecting to start using the Palace for a pre-build? I have very strong hopes that I might be able to continue this current plan and either switch to the Palace temporarily, or be able to switch to Sun Tzu's upon discovery of Feudalism. If this doesn't seem reasonable, I still have the option of going with a smaller production prebuild as was seen last turn (although probably not quite as drastic), or more likely finish the library. However, because there are no formal plans to raise the science slider, I would hope that I could continue the Cathedral prebuild.

The Knights Templar prebuild is due to commence on turn 4. It may be possible to use a Coliseum as a prebuild for a short while, but this runs the risk that the DP will forget to switch and build a Coliseum by mistake. I will therefore prefer not to use a Coliseum unless there is no other option for Priapos and the build will have to be switched to the Palace if the Coliseum nears completion.

I'm not sure how many shields you have already acculmulated, but another option that you may wish to consider may be to request an immediate rush of a Library, then a short rush towards a Cathedral putting you in almost the same position as you now are, but with a Library built ready for when we turn up research and by choosing the amount of the short rush a few more turns for us to gain Monotheism. You may also wish to note when considering this that The Augean Stables will reach size 9 when building the Knights Templar and will not have a Cathedral. The lux slider will therefore need to be used to keep our people happy for a while longer.

Furiey said:
I'm not sure how many shields you have already acculmulated, but another option that you may wish to consider may be to request an immediate rush of a Library, then a short rush towards a Cathedral putting you in almost the same position as you now are, but with a Library built ready for when we turn up research and by choosing the amount of the short rush a few more turns for us to gain Monotheism.

Since we've only collected ten shields thus far, a "short rush" would probably put us farthur along than we are now, and we'll run into our problem sooner. Instead, I propose this solution.

Rather than rush-build the library, I take the three turns that would be required to build it: which would have taken 120 gold as it is. Then, I start on the Colloseum pre-build again, and along with the ten shields (40 gold) I had already put aside, finish the cathedral when it comes available using around 160 gold when the Cathedral is nearing completion. Waiting three turns for the library will ensure that much more time for Monotheism to be discovered, and the rush at the end will finish the Cathedral in around the same time (but with the advantage that we already have a Library also).

As for the Lux slider, if the Lux slider is raised when Priapos is at size eight, and the cathedral is built, there's a good chance that Priapos might have a celebration (Of course, you'll be invited)!

:dance: :beer: :band: :rockon:

Furiey said:
If there's a celebration I may bring the citizens of The Augean Stables along as well, after all they'll have been working long and hard to build the Knights Templar and a party may just put them in the mood to continue!

Bring them over! The planning has just begun however, so don't let the cat out of the bag and promise them what may not happen. I am very optimistic, however.

I'm changing my Turnchat Instructions now. Thank you for the comments.

Proposed Turnchat Instructions - 290 AD

Possible Worker Actions:

Just finish mining and roading NNW (Grass)

Build Queue:

(finish) Cathedral (from Colloseum prebuild) -> Treb -> Galley

Laborer Micromanagment:

Turn 0: Place five of the laborers on the coastal tiles (including the fish), with the remaining on the SE (BG), E (Grass), and ESE (wines). This should put us at +5 growth and +5 shields (after corruption).

From here, continue the prebuild with Sun Tzu's only if necessary (although at a science rate of at least 50%, we should hit monotheism before the colloseum is done). Once we gain Monotheism, switch to Cathedral and micro the townspeople with production being the main goal. Rush the Cathedral when there are less than 40 shields or less left (120 gold or less rush). Do not allow the Colloseum to finish

When the Cathedral is done, micro the workers to the best way to grow to population nine and finish the Treb with minimal waste. If we are at population nine when the Cathedral finishes, try to aim for +15 spt (after corruption) to finish the Treb in two turns. This be accomplished by placing the workers on:

WNW (fish), 2NW (BG), NW (mined hill), SE (BG), 2SE (BG), NE (forest), E (Grass), ESE (wines), and ENE (Grass). Keep this for the Galley also.

End Turnchat Instructions:

If the Galley finishes, please end the turnchat.

---

Proposed-version only:

The idea here is to simply get close to the end of the prebuild, and spend minimum time (or no time) in Sun Tzu's. I don't believe that other countries should be too close to finishing, but I'd still like to minimize that time. The slight loss of production during these turns will be made up by the rush after we get Monotheism.

Edit: Also, note that I most likely will not have access to the save, but if I find some time I will do better MM instructions.
Edit2: Ok, I changed some of the Micro instructions.

Proposed Turnchat Instructions

Note: All compass directions use this compass.

Possible Worker Actions:
None for now. They've already done a wonderful job, let's spread the wealth.

Build Queue:
(rush) Cathedral -> Galley -> Barracks -> Horsemen (will turn into Knight while building) -> Knight

Laborer Micro:

Turn 0: Rush the cathedral. Place five of the laborers on SE (bg), E (grass), ESE (wines), WNW (fish), and the remaining coastal squares (for in all). This should put us at +5 growth, and +5 unneeded shields.

Turn 1: With Cathedral finished, place the laborers on 2NW (bg), NW (hill), SE (bg), 2SE (bg), NNW (grass), NE (forest), E (grass) and ESE (wines). This should put us at +1 food and +15 production (after corruption).

Turn 3: The galley finishes. Switch production to Barracks. Move the laborer from the NNW (grass) tile to the WNW (fish) tile. This should give us +3 growth and +14 production (after corruption).

Turn 5: The barracks should be 28/40 done, so take the laborer off of 2NW and put it on a coastal square so we're doing 12 shields (after corruption) and will still finish but get one additional commerce.

Turn 6: With the barracks complete, switch to a horsemen. If all is well in Fanatikos, we should have Chivalry in two turns, so let's start building a Knight with a Horseman. Place the new laborer on 2NW (bg), which should result in us having laborers on 2NW (bg), NW (hill), SE (bg), 2SE (bg), NE (forest), E (grass), ESE (wines), WNW (fish), and a coastal square. This should place us at +3 growth and +14 shields.

Note: If a setback has caused Chivalry to be delayed, and thus the horseman will be completed prior to the tech upgrade, please switch to a Medieval infantry and MM the city to fit the new unit. When complete, go back to the previous +14 shield build and build the next Knight.

---

Proposed Version Only Notes

The Cathedral rush will be the first rush that Priapos will do. At 180 gold, it's not hefty enough to raise too many eyebrows, especially considering the first fact I laid out.

The Galley will be produced, to replace our lost galley and perhaps brave the ocean blue to discover more about the island that our scout ship returning from our prior Galley had returned information on. With a better idea for a chartered path, there's a better chance for bridging the gap.

After this, however, we have a few options. I've outlined them in a post on the citizens board, in this post.
Edit:
After a day of no responses, I've decided to take the lack of interest in the next steps of Priapos as my will to do what I wish. Luckily, I'm not evil, so I won't kick everyone out and disband the city. Instead, I'm going to take the conservative route, and move on without the Granary plan. There's still a good day until the final post must be made, so I'm going to plan for the, and when I get back to the computer at home do all the micro. The queue now includes a barracks, so hopefully Priapos can make up for the loss of production the Stables have endured in terms of military. The barracks here will also give the other production cities a break incase they need to produce other improvements during high-tension times. Of course, first and formost for Priapos will be city improvements to add to wealth and science. Thoughts of a University should be trickling in soon, so that also has to be taken a look at.

Top Bottom