Term IV - Consul of Resources and Technology Policy: The Roman Numeral Strikes Back!

RegentMan

Deity
This thread is finally open! :hammer:
Welcome to the Term IV Consul of Resources and Technology Policy office.

Term IV Consul - RegentMan
Term IV Deputy - Open. Please PM or post here why you'd like to be the deputy.

Term III Consul of Resources and Technology Policy
Term III Consul - Rik Meleet
Term III Deputy - RegentMan

Term II Consul of Resources and Technology Policy
Term II Consul - RegentMan
Term II Deputy - truckingpete

Term I Consul of Resources and Technology Policy
Term I Consul - Stuck_As_a_Mac
Term I Deputy - RegentMan

Here is 1370AD. We are "technologically advanced" in the eyes of the science advisor. Note that we know all of the ancient age techs, thus there is no screenie.

Science Advisor

Trade Advisor - She says it all!

Links to Current Discussions:
R & T T4 D7 - RegentMan's Gold Grab Plan

Links to Current Polls:
None Currently

Please add your opinion to the above discussions and polls. Fanatannia will greatly benefit from hearing its citizens' excellent ideas. :)

Below are our archives. Feel free to use them for reference or simply a walk down memory lane. ;)

Links to Previous Discussions:
R & T T4 D1 - Survey Says!
R & T T4 D2 - Trade Options For 890AD
R & T T4 D3 - Makin' A List, Checkin' It Twice!
R & T T4 D4 - Kill the Scientists?
Culture and R&T Joint Discussion: Do we want to get Free Artistry?
R & T T4 D5 - Post Golden Age Research
R & T T4 D6 - Yet Another Pretty Chart

Links to Previous Polls:
R & T T4 P1 - Middle Age Options
R & T T4 P2 - Execution Time?

This is what I posted in the June 4 Turnchat Instruction Thread.

RegentMan in the TCIT said:
Byzantine Trade Deal
They Give: World Map and 2g
We Give: World Map and Wines

Please procede with technology research as follows: Research as fast as you can while netting at least 30gpt. Four turn tech rate is ideal. The list is as follows:
*Finish Magnetism
*Theory of Gravity
*Steam Power
*Medicine
*Electricity

Keep an eye out for updates to this list. If I do change it, I'll let you know in big red letters at the top of this instruction thread.

Note that they might change based on the R & T T4 P1 (link above). Have any complaints? Go to the proper (or as near proper as you can get) discussion thread and post there!

Consul,

Now that we've researched Steam Power, I suggest we lower our research rate to a minimum so that we can accumulate cash to use to rush culture.

Thanks!

Bertie

With Electricty and Medicine on the way next turnchat, what should we research next?
Since we have a sizable tech lead, How about side-step to Replacable Parts for quicker rail building and artillery?

I would think it would be wise of this Minister to consider Trading Chemistry to get Free Artisrty, so that we can build this Wonder called Shakespeare's Theatre. This wonder gives us 8cpt, and we should do our best to get this Tech so we can build this wonder.

Discussion posted (link above) regarding slowing the tech rate.

@CH - I don't see the need for Shakespeare's Theater. It's culture of 8cpt is impressive, but in the long run, it'll be our libraries and temples that will decide our fate. Plus, if we want a size twelve city, we should just research sanitation so that we can get more than one. If you really want that wonder, please make a poll that results in the majority favoring the theater. Otherwise, I won't make it a priority to acquire free artistry.

I agree with you RegentMan, in terms of shields per culture point, Wonders are a very expensive way of getting culture. 8cpt for Shakespeares will be equalled/exceeded by 4 Temples or 3 Libraries, or 2 Universities, which would be considerably cheaper to build. We should build Wonders because we want their effects, as just their culture is too expensive.

I'll set up a discussion about this, to gauge the WOTP. I have set up a discussion that affects both our ministries. It affects you because it involves geting two techs that we do not have already, and it affects me because it is for the goal of having a very significant wonder, Culture wise. The discussion is here. Culture and R&T Joint Discussion: Do we want to get Free Artistry? I know that you do not want to lok at that option, but I do. Do not forget that we still have a monopoly on Chemistry.

Top Bottom