Term IV Presidential Office

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
Welcome to the Term 4 Presidential Office!

Grab a glass of wine, sit down and relax! Got a question, comment or complaint? Let me know!

When's the next turn chat?
Friday, November 4th at 3pm CST

Wondering how we got here?
Term 1 Presidential Office of Octavian X
Term 2 Presidential Office of Donovan Zoi
Term 3 Presidential Office of Ravensfire

Looking for another part of the Government?
President: Ravensfire
Vice-President:

Minister of Defense: Ranger99
Minister of Trade and Technology: CivGeneral
Minister of Foreign Affairs: greekguy

Governor of Olympus: Donovan Zoi
Governor of Civatonia: vikingruler
Governor of Styx: DaveShack
Governor of The Augean Stables: Furiey
Governor of Priapos: admiral-bell
Expatriate Governor: TimBentley

Chief Justice: Bootstoots
Judge Advocate: Black_Hole
Public Defender: mhcarver

Designated Player Pool

Presidential Goals
  • Develop strategy for workers, allowing Governors to plan with known resources
  • Push for discussion on determining our military defense structure
  • Encourage use of our cash resources to speed development of our cities and troops
  • Update and Maintain our history (turn chat history and log)
  • Maintain our technological lead

National Goals
  • Finish Aqueducts where needed within 40 turns - DONE
  • Finish Marketplaces in all cities within 80 turns - 1 city to go!
  • Build 2 cathedrals by end of term
  • Have 3 middle-age Wonders built or under construction by end of term
  • Hold 8 game sessions this term

Budget - 560AD

Slider Settings: 70% Science 20% Income 10% Entertainment

Treasury: Gold
Income: gold per turn

Note - numbers from old save, will update tonight
Revenue:
-- Cities: 237(+ from last save)
-- Taxmen: 0
-- Other Civs: 44 (+ from last save)
-- Interest: 0

Expenses:
-- Science: -157 (+ from last save)
-- Entertainment: -15 (+ from last save)
-- Corruption: -23 (- from last save)
-- Maintenance: -36 (- from last save)
-- Military: -48 (- from last save)
-- Other Civs: -2

Wonders under Construction

Sun Tzu's Art of War: Romans (Rome); French (Paris); Persians (Persepolis)

Wonders Built
Great Library : Fanatiks (Civantonia) 1350 BC
Oracle: Japanese (Kyoto) 950 BC
Colossus: English (London) 950 BC
Pyramids: Japanese (Babylon) 610 BC
Mausoleum of Mausollo: Fanatiks (Olympus) 430 BC
Temple of Artemis:persians (Persepolis) 350 BC
Statue of Zues:English (Nottingham) 330 BC
Great Wall: French (Paris) 50 BC
Hanging Gardens: Persians (Persepollis) 280 AD
Great Lighthouse: French (Tours) 280 AD
Knights Templar: Fanatiks (The Augean Stables) 5X0 AD

In our most recent election cycle, two of our fine cities were left without a guiding hand, as the bright success of Styx drew multiple citizens to seek the leadership of that fine city.

It is with great pleasure, that the two citizens that were unsuccessful in the challenge to lead Styx have expressed a desire to lead the two cities without a Governor.

Therefore, in accordance with the authority granted to me by Section H.4 of the Code of Laws, I hereby make the following appointments.

I appoint vikingruler as the Governor of Civantonia.

I appoint admiral-bell as the Governor of Priapos.

Best wishes to both on their positions!

-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatikos

Welcome back Ravensfire!

To help you on one of your goals the next turnchat is now scheduled for Friday after that slight misunderstanding :mischief:.

To help you on another goal and also reduce the luxury spending in our nation, The Augean Stables is building a Cathedral as the next project. This will be followed by a couple of Knights then (unless military needs become higher in priority) I intend to start on an University (when available) to help with a third goal.

The Worker I intend to use to road (and irrigate) the river tiles around the Stables to improve our military access to France and increase commerce from the city. I then intend to link The Augean Stables to Styx by a road West of the mountain to allow for improved troop movement between the 2 cities. This will require a tile that can't be used by any city to be roaded, but the increased mobility will be worthwhile.

Here's to the new term!

Furiey

Mr President,

Workers

The Workers completed their tasks very quickly and Styx is now fully improved for the Sistine Chapel.

3 of the Workers from Styx have moved to The Augean Stables to improve the tiles for access to France (and are irrigating the river tiles for extra commerce while they are there).

The remaining 3 Workers from Styx have moved to Olympia to road the unroaded tiles there for increased flexiblity. Balancing between Priapos and Olympia allowed both to build Knights in 4 turns.

The Workers around Civantonia stopped replanting the Forest and irrigated and roaded the tile instead. The Horses were already connected so they moved on to road other tiles again for ease of movement if we are shortly to be at war.

Another Worker was produced by Berlin and joined the native Worker team already there.

Slider

The sale of Theology for 85gpt to Persia after the cascades broke has greatly eased our cash shortage. The Persians now have Education which we are due to research in 8 turns, perhaps we need to reconsider this as we will now get it from the Great Library. The lux deals were renegotiated so we are still at 10% lux.

I hope that this report is of use

Furiey (DP for Term 4 session 1 - 4 Nov)

Mr.President, are we building the observatory in priaptos? Should I start a prebuild?

Mr President,

We are considering War with the French, but we have no information about the forces we will meet. We have an opportunity to do some city investigations before the next turnchat to correct this situation and allow us to plan how we attack. I have suggested in the French War thread that we investigate 3 cities - the 2 we could attack on the first turn and Besancon. This would cost us the total of 199 gold, one turn's worth at 0% science.

I would not normally mention this here, but with the low forum activity it could go unnoticed until we lose the opportunity to get information for our planning.

Furiey

Makes perfect sense to me. I'll copy the request to the MFA's office.

Mr. President,

This is the Foriegn Consulate's final request for city investigations. We would like to investigate the cities of Besancon, Rouens and Chartres at the end of the upcoming Turnchat. Please allocate enough gold to make these investigations possible. War will then be declared on Turn 1 of the Turnchat after the turnchat with the city investigations.

-Foriegn Affairs Consulate greekguy

admiral-bell said:
what about my request

Governor admiral-bell,

The office of Central Planning is in a quandry about the plans for an Observatory to be built by the Copernicus Construction firm, as they've proposed. Their plans are quite ambitious, and are a bit beyond our current technological means. To successfully complete this project, we need some assurances that the research into the appropriate technology will be conducted, and in a timely manner.

I'd like to see the Ministry of Trade and Technology determine when we'll research Military Tradition, and if that will be a bee-line, or allow for a slight detour for the technology you need.

If it's a bee-line, that means we're at least 30 turns away from the technology you need, and probably 40 to 50 turns. If we allow a detour, we'd be much closer to the knowledge we need.

A bit rambling, but essentially, that's a hard question to answer without knowing more of our research path. I would take a look at your land, and make sure that it's developed the way you want. Please let me know if there are any workers that you would need for land improvement.

Thanks,

Mr President,

I have posted my proposed instructions and have assumed for now that the 4 Workers continue with the strategic roads to France. I have then taken them to safety onto the mountain to the south of the city where they could continue safely. i have given 2 options, 1 for declaration on turn 5, 1 for declaration on turn 7. The later declaration will get us a road from Augenan Stables to Lyons to enable forces from the Rouens/Chartres campaign to more easily join the Lyons/Paris attack force.

I have looked at Priapos and with the food sitiuation in the city the only improvements possible is the forestation of one of the mined grassland (not a BG obviously). This would take the city to zero growth. The city could benefit from 2 Workers joining it, these could move from the mountain in Augean Stables after it has been mined, forest then join. This would allow Priapos to produce a few more Knights for the current campaign before commencing the Wonder prebuild.

Please note: this war is likely to start our Golden Age.

admiral-bell said:
Mr.President, what is needed from priaptos this turnchat?
Knights or something else?

I would suggest a few more knights, then begin the palace prebuild.

Mr President,

I have posted my proposed instructions for the Augean Stables in the city thread. At present I am building one further Knight, then start on a University, however as it is unlikey that we will need the Knight for the French War, I am considering getting started on the University immediately to help our researh, followed by a Bank to boost our income. The will maximise our use of the higher shield and commerce during our Golden Age.

I also notice the are 3 French Slaves around the Stables (1 hiding in the city iteself!). If these need a job to do in a safe place, I can keep them occupied roading the mountain until the war is over and it is safe for them to work elsewhere. If these Slaves help out, our own workers currently mining will be released sooner, 2 on turn 2, the remaining 2 on turn 5 with the Slaves.

I note that we have several Slaves now and should be getting more from the razing of Paris and Marseille. Having these Slaves will make the life of our own Workers much easier, perhaps it is time for some of them to settle down and join our cities? The Augean Stables has space for 2 native workers, Priapos 1. Joining these workers ASAP would help maximise our commerce and production during our Golden Age, and in the case of Priapos speed us on the way to observing the stars!

I would like to add to TimBentley's request for Bescanon. We need culture there to claim those Furs, but we also need to keep the people happy. I would therefore suggest a Temple rush a couple of turns after the Library rush.

There's been a rumor of a Presidential assassination growing among the working class....

Top Bottom