1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term Limits

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by dutchfire, Jun 13, 2006.

1. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

According to the CoL, a Tri or Cabinet member may only hold the same office for two terms. I don't thik this rule is very usefull and it may lead to problems because next term at least 4 officials will have to leave office because of this rule (Vind2, Rihiter, Robboo and I). Their experience with the office will be lost, that's not a good thing.

2. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

But it's also good in that we force the job open for people to do different work or let new people take a job.

3. robboo

robboo Deity

Well I have term limited out as SoW and as SoS. I am indiffferent onterm limits. I see teh point but also wouldnt mind staying on at either of those positions. I left in the middle of a war and right now I am in the middle of structuring longer term relations with Russia and Germany which is kinda fun actually.

But I need a clarification. I was not elected SoS the first term and took office as a vacant position almost at midterm. I think I will ask our judiciary (George? any unoffical feelings on this.)

4. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

I already asked the same thing, but haven't heard of it since. I was appointed as MoS in term 5 instead of being elected.

5. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

I'm not goinf to be able to run next turn anyways, but it might be nice to give it a change.

6. robboo

robboo Deity

The judicary is running a JR right now on this I think.

7. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

I ruled right away. You can hold office for a third term, you just can't run or be elected. So you would have to not run and allow it to become vacant (no body runs or other means) and be appointed. And then you can't run the next term either. That's my basic unofficial rulling.

8. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Okay, thanks for the quick answer.
    I think this law isn't as clear as it should be, maybe someone should rewrite it sometime.