1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term Two-Office of Expansion

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game VI: Government' started by snipelfritz, Mar 31, 2005.

1. snipelfritz

snipelfritz Crazy about the Demogame

*snipelfritz walks into his office. It's a mess.:mad: Maps are thrown everywhere, various charts cover the ground, the is desk overturned, there's jam all over the ceiling:confused:. snipel thinks to himself, Man, we really should keep Nobody away from the wine supplies.:mischief: After he cleans up the mess, snipel takes a seat at his desk and tears the page off his rock of the day(today is limestone) calender and realizes...*

ITS TERM TWO!!! :cool:

Welcome to the new and improved Director of Expansions office. This is a place for any sort of quarrels, quandrys, or queries related to expansion. My doors are always open(until that worker gets to fixing that darned hinge ;) ), so drop by whenever you feel like it.

Staff
    Director of Expansion: snipelfritz (yours truley)
    Deputy Director of Expansion: Tboy

Sponsored Discussion
    Settlement Discussion #1 (closed)
    Term 1 Feedback
    Settling India

Sponsored Polling
    (none)

2. snipelfritz

Office sponsored soldier:
    Steven

We at the Office of Expansion (ok just me) have decided to sponsor one of our brave soldiers out in the wild. Let me introduce Steven.

You can help Steven by sending candy, cash, and other donations to me. Don't worry, I'll get them to him :mischief:.

3. Bertie

Bertie Prince

Director,

I’ve posted a message in the Consul for Domestic Policy’s thread that raises some issues that also fall under your bailiwick. Specifically, I raise the point that we might consider relocating our capital. This will affect specific city settlement sites, I would imagine. Also, I suggest we may want to adopt a policy of Infinite City Sprawl for much of our empire. In order to make this work we of course need to select city sites with an eye for leaving sufficient space so we can fill in with as many additional cities as possible. I would guess we won’t start implementing ICS until sometime in Term 3. At any rate I suggested the Domestic Consul might want to consider these; and because the execution of these strategies would be your responsibility, you might wish to monitor (and even help structure) these discussions should the Consul decide to hold them.

Thank you for your consideration.

4. Tboy

Tboy Future world ruler

Hmmm, ICS. We ought to definitely consider that, especially with the Dutch crawling over every available space. Not so sure about relocating the capital though, we've got a pretty good one, and I don't really see a more appeaking location.

5. mad-bax

mad-bax Deity GOTM Staff

With upcoming wars against India and Netherlands looming we may indeed generate an MGL. Can the Director please confirm whether or not the Palace can be leader rushed in C3C?

Would a more central palace location increase the number of productive cities we have available?

If so, would Rotterdam be a suitable location, or would the director prefer to move Daveshacks residence further East?

If we are to move the palace, how many cities must we have before the Forbidden Palace is available?

Would it be worth Pre-building this in the Capital so that we can either have the FP and move the palace, or cascade to the Lighthouse if no leader is generated?

What are your thoughts?

6. LeeT911

LeeT911 Eloquent Silence

Not sure, but I believe the palace can be MGL rushed as it is not a great wonder. Rotterdam is a good spot, although it may be a while before we can "acquire" the location.

Also, the pre-build idea sounds good, but can we afford to have our capital buiding a big ticket item while war is going on?

And another question for the Director of Expansion:
    Any ideas yet on where provincial boundaries are going to be drawn. I don't have much experience in the DG, so I don't know how big provinces generally tend to be. Do we go by number of cities, or number of tiles?

7. snipelfritz

I believe that it can be.

It definately would, and I would support it.

Assuming that we conquer the Dutch completely, yes.

As long as we don't need Camelot to produce anything else, I think this is a splendid idea.

First of all, I'm not sure if any of this lies within my department, but I'm always glad to discuss any future plans. I think its a little early in the game to relocate the captial, as we need to see how any wars with the Dutch and Indians play out.

Once again, don't think thats under my jurisdiction, but I'm always glad to discuss. Last DG(the only one i've been a part of), we went by number of cities. Our central province had 4, and others had around 5-6. I don't believe there is any legislation about province creation, so we'll need that before we can start.

8. LeeT911

LeeT911 Eloquent Silence

Code:
    Article E
                4.  Director of Expansion - Decides on where to settle with 
                    settlers. The Director of Expansion also oversees the 
                    creation of provincal boundaries. Controls movement of 
                    settlers and settler carrying transports.
    That's what it says in the Constitution, which is why I asked here. So I figure it's up to you to decide.

9. snipelfritz

Sorry to answer your question late.

Yes it would appear that you are correct. I'm in oversee creation, but there is currently no laws pertaining to the building of Provinces. We should definately start looking into this immediately.

10. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Since I noticed that this office is kind of in a sleep mode ATM. I have decided to awake the expantion office with a discussion on what to do about the void where the Indian City used to be. My consern is that the Indians would have an oportunity to reclame that area.

Please join in the discussion :).

11. snipelfritz

Thank you alarm clock CG. I've posted a map of the area.

12. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

This office still has an opportunity to get the ball rolling on provincial boundaries. It may be too late for this election cycle but you can leave a lasting legacy for the next term and beyond. :D