Term VI: Commander-In-Chief

We're fine. Sacrificing that Army to announce our presence is still a good idea.

Are you sending all Armies?

Our recon:

We have one tactical nuke from Babeland that we can and probably should launch at something. Our sub chain is only set up to transport one nuke every other turn from there, and we have more nukes being built over the next couple turns. This turn we could destroy roads south and east of The Treasury, or we could drop it on The Arboretum, or on or near The Igloo or something else. Any thoughts?

I think our planes can destroy the remainder of Council's bombers, then destroy the damaged modern armor. Do we care about destroying miscellaneous units like mechs and marines, or should we just destroy what roads Council has?

Based on what Council has on the eastern part of the island, I think we may as well land with one transport while we are waiting for the other transports to arrive. If we fire a nuke at the tile W-W of The Treasury this turn and destroy some roads with planes, then next turn unload 3 units (1 modern armor and 2 mechs?) on the mountain S-SE of The Treasury and another 3 on the tile S of The Chamber. Council's house of cards should collapse quickly.

Maybe we should rush a tactical nuke in Babeland so we can hit them with another nuke from there next turn.

I'll be playing tomorrow morning. I've convinced myself the best plan is to drop the nuke E-S of The Arboretum to cut a nice orange stripe through the middle of the continent.

On turn 309, we will be able to unload one transport in Councilland if we want. We can go as far north as the flood plains tile to the northwest of the oil on the ruins. I was thinking we should land on the mountain for extra protection, but since Council's east seems to have no significant units, and their road system is terrible, I think we should land NW of the ruins/oil so we can attack both The Treasury and The Chamber the following turn. I think 6 modern armor is all that we should bring - mech infantry don't have enough movement to reach the relevant cities.

I've also noticed that stealing Council's military plans now only costs a little over 2500 gold for a safe steal. After aerial recon next turn, we may want to consider doing that to find out where all their units are hiding.

Our stealth fighters have arrived in force. Turn 309 Recon:

We have 2 tactical nukes and 3 ICBMs available. We can land up to 6 units on the floodplains tile 3 tiles away from both The Treasury and The Chamber (S-S-W of The Chamber, E-E-S of The Treasury). We would need to take out a couple roads (but not too many) to make them unreachable if we decide to land.

Council's stacks:

W-W-S of The Red Tape - 19 units total (14 MA, 4 MI, 1 marine)
NE of The Shallows - 13 units total (10 MA, 2 MI, 1 mobile SAM)
E-E-N of The Igloo - 19 units total (12 MA, 4 MI, 1 mobile SAM, 1 TOW, 1 tactical nuke)

I will move boats to uncover the other coastal tiles in the east and southwest once we decide where our tactical nukes should go (if anywhere this turn).

I think we should definitely land 6 modern armor and plan on razing The Chamber and The Treasury next turn.

I'm not sure about nuke targets. I don't see anything worthy of an ICBM. I think the best spots for tactical nukes are:

1. E-NE of The Igloo - damages a large Council stack, eliminates an airfield and a jet fighter, and keeps Council's tactical nuke out of the action for a turn or two by destroying the roads around it.

2. The Silo - damages Council's final spaceship part city by killing one citizen and at least 6 workers.

With our planes, I think we want to destroy enough roads so that we can land safely, knock The Silo down to 1 citizen, and destroy the jet fighter/kill citizens in The Igloo. That city is Council's second best chance at the spaceship, and they added a couple workers to it this turn.

I agree with nuking The Igloo and the Silo. How many new nukes will we have next turn?

I think we will have 2 new tactical nukes next turn, but if we launch 2 tactical nukes this turn, then I don't think we will have nuclear subs available next turn unless we rush them somewhere.

The turn after next we will have 4 new ICBMs :).

:) It looks like The Council has cleared the way for us to win the game. All of their units are backed up to the coast. I would say a good use for a TN is those roads/RR in the Mid-East (SE3 of the Igloo). Your suggestions sound good too.

I think they're giving us the game.

A thought on our ICBMs - since we will have 4 more in just 2 turns, maybe we should consider firing off one or two now. Nothing in Councilland really looks worth hitting right now, but we could hit the FREE cities of Marad-Dur and Ninhursag-Ki. Each of those cities looks likely to build an ICBM for FREE within the next 2-3 turns. With 1 of our ICBMs launched at each, we can probably prevent those nukes from being completed until after we have razed Council's capital.

A thought on our ICBMs - since we will have 4 more in just 2 turns, maybe we should consider firing off one or two now. Nothing in Councilland really looks worth hitting right now, but we could hit the FREE cities of Marad-Dur and Ninhursag-Ki. Each of those cities looks likely to build an ICBM for FREE within the next 2-3 turns. With 1 of our ICBMs launched at each, we can probably prevent those nukes from being completed until after we have razed Council's capital.

When I had a look at your Excel table of FREE, I thought that we need to act towards them in a not too far future. Using two ICBMs, might buy us some more time. :thumbsup:

I think we should definitely land 6 modern armor and plan on razing The Chamber and The Treasury next turn.

Looking at your screeny in the State of the empire thred makes me think that our MAs should be able to reach The Gulag. If they move NW onto the road and then follow the road to get next to The Gulag and then they should have a third move.

That also depends on Councils moves until we get the next save. but that is what I see there.

I'm not sure - the tile S-SE of The Gulag should still be in Council territory even after we raze The Chamber and The Treasury so the road on that tile won't help us.

We be poundin' 'em. Let's clean up this mess before we have to listen to them whine. :)

Gulag in 2 sounds great!

As I mentioned, I wouldn't be able to play this turn until Sunday night at the earliest. I can't even do recon now because I won't be able to leave the game running over the weekend.

We have lots of destroyers and jet fighters in homeland coastal cities to make sure there are no enemies approaching. If there is nobody coming, we have enough stealth fighters on carriers so that we should be able to defog Council's entire continent, and then we will really be able to decide on our plan.

We have 2 ICBMs and 2 tactical nukes that can be launched from our homeland this turn if there are any good targets. Another 3 ICBMs will be completed next turn, so all we should have to do is move modern armor within range of the Gulag and make sure they cannot be reached by Council units. Next turn we capture their capital.

I'll leave that up to you two to decide. If it hasn't been played by the time I get back Sunday, then I will do it, but I wouldn't mind if you took it before then :).

Sounds good. Chamnix in the lead MA taking their capital is appropriate.

Top Bottom