Term VI - Debate: Chief Justice

Crimso

...aaaaaagh!
Welcome to the debate for Chief Justice! Underneath is a lengthy, identical message posted in all the debate threads: READ IT TWICE.

Spoiler :
I am perscribed by law to post the debate threads now. Unfortunately, my plan to have questions sent in by citizens so I could sort through them will not come to pass; instead, the law states that you may start asking them here. How the heck will I moderate the debates, you ask? Well, I can put up some guidlines. I can't enforce them myself, so Chieftess, eyeri, Rik Meleet, I hope I can have your co-operation, and hope you're on the forums frequently. What? It's the holidays? I had no idea.

The Rule:

- Bias, insulting, or irrelevant questions will be deleted. One and you get a warning. Two and you are not allowed to post any more.

This is how it will work. Post a question you have. Post one question at a time. Any running candidates can answer each question once. Answer one question at a time. If you don't have a question to ask, or a question to answer, do not post in the thread. This format is already set to turn into an uninformative, embarassing, messy free-for-all. Please be co-opertive. I will try my best to change things for future elections.

Note: Haha! I just noticed that in the code of laws, it states that "Any citizen may post a question for the candidates to answer"! So, technically, I guess I really can't moderate this at all. Have fun.

Question for the candidate(I'm trying to post questions werever I can)
1. Do you plan to alter the Judicial code in any way?
2.do you believe in interpreting the constitution broadly or word for word

Question Answers:
1. Nope, I dont think we currently have a need to, should something come up I will.
2. Well Im leaning on the side of word for word, because are lots of things can be though of broadly, lots!

Here's a standard request:

Explain to us the difference between "innocent until proven guilty" and "innocent unless proven guilty". You can make the answer as long as you'd like and use as many RL parallels as you see fit. :)

Cyc said:
Here's a standard request:

Explain to us the difference between "innocent until proven guilty" and "innocent unless proven guilty". You can make the answer as long as you'd like and use as many RL parallels as you see fit. :)
I think the only reason cyc is asking this question is because i'm running ;)

the first clause: "innocent until proven guilty"
the second clause: "innocent unless proven guilty"

well the first clause implies they will be found guilty sometime, this most likely means the prosecution can attempt to prosecute the same individual an unlimited number of times for the same crime

the second clause implies the prosecution has one shot to prove someone guilty

however if you go beyond the implying, they are mostly the same...

Top Bottom