[GS] Terra Map?

Yes, I'm hoping the developers see this thread. The YNAEMP doesn't work to my knowledge for "Gathering Storm."

Yes it does.
Why still showing as not compatible? I might have missed the Mod memo to ignore that or reinstall in some way?

Why no old world new world map aka terra map? Is there a technical issue?

Why no highlands map yet too? Very sad. But Seven Seas is a start...just wish the developers were more motivated.

Last edited by a moderator:
PerfectWorld6 mod also has this option, although there are reports of crashes as well. If it does work, be prepared for lots of rivers and forests :)
It would be nice to see a map script from FXS, though. Civ 5 had it, although Terra was pointless there. Here it might be useful, but still no "official" show.

PerfectWorld6 mod also has this option, although there are reports of crashes as well. If it does work, be prepared for lots of rivers and forests :)
It would be nice to see a map script from FXS, though. Civ 5 had it, although Terra was pointless there. Here it might be useful, but still no "official" show.

Will try PerfectWorld6.

Terra maps gives the civ with a crappy map start or who may be about to be wiped out an opportunity to possibly stay in the game because there is yet unexplored and unsettled land.

Link to instructions on how to get it to work for GS pretty please?
  1. install or update the mod
  2. select Terra Map
  3. DO NOT select a size > Enormous if you want to avoid late game crashes
  4. play
If it doesn't work, I'd love to see bug reports about that, AFAIK there are none for that map (and I did had some play test with it since GS is out)

I played terra with GS just fine since I wanted to cheese it with the Maori and start in the new world asap

You'll have to ask the game developers.

There is a good terra mod in YNAEMP though.
WHAT? the 'Yet not Another Map Packs' mod has Terra world map generator? Actually TERRA is my favorite choice back in Civ5. Where you perfectly follows European Renaissance History to sail all the way westward (or eastward if you're on the eastern shores) and begin a land grab on a backwater continent.

Maybe Firaxis might have tested TERRA map choices and it turned out to strain test machines so much so they dropped it.

1. install or update the mod
  2. select Terra Map
  3. DO NOT select a size > Enormous if you want to avoid late game crashes
  4. play
If it doesn't work, I'd love to see bug reports about that, AFAIK there are none for that map (and I did had some play test with it since GS is out)
I haven't buy GS yet. did Enermous a new size available since GS? or a mod thing?

I haven't buy GS yet. did Enermous a new size available since GS? or a mod thing?

One of the new sizes included in YnAMP, "Enormous" is 128x80, which was civ5 "Huge" (for reference civ6 "Huge" is only 106x66)

For Terra, I suggest to use the 2:1 ratio sizes that are also part of the mod, "Enormous 2:1" being 148x74 then.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou @Gedemon!
Tried YNAMP right after GS came out but had major problems on my Mac, so haven't gone back. Will be able to start a new game by this weekend. Joy Joy.

Of course, to make a Terra Map work properly for a Renaissance Colonization game (and Civ V's Terra missed this completely) some Bonus/Amenity Resources have to be randomly selected to appear Only on the Unsettled continent/continents to give everyone a real reason to go and settle there.
Personally, I played Terra maps in Civ V because it put everyone on the same continent with you and made Domination Games really easy - no having to hunt for opponents/victims.

...But why is YNAMP's mods still showing as "incompatible" in the mod screen? What would be the best method to update all those YNAMP mods?

...But why is YNAMP's mods still showing as "incompatible" in the mod screen? What would be the best method to update all those YNAMP mods?
just ignore the warning, I don't have enough modding time to go and edit then re-upload all of them just to change a tag.

and report those that really don't work, please.

@Ekmek

shape is setting-dependent, see the "blending" options

upload_2021-3-21_10-6-57.png

Spoiler :
upload_2021-3-21_10-7-14.png

upload_2021-3-21_10-7-26.png

Spoiler :
upload_2021-3-21_10-7-38.png

upload_2021-3-21_10-7-49.png

Spoiler :
upload_2021-3-21_10-8-4.png

You can directly set a matching shape using the "Earth-shaped continents" option (which override the blending), deactivate the additional Lakes and islands placement and activate the "real terrain" and "real features" options for a scalable Earth Map, not 100% accurate because of the crude scaling method, but relatively close, except for rivers for which I've not managed to code a scaling function yet.
upload_2021-3-21_10-12-2.png

Spoiler :
upload_2021-3-21_10-13-17.png

upload_2021-3-21_10-13-27.png

Isnt there one. All civs start on one continent across from an empty continent. The script even places cs on the empty continent. I beluve its eve called terra.

Top Bottom