Terra Novus - Modern Civ Pack (Pre-development Planning Thread)

CivOasis

Ahuizotl
So, if you've been to some of the links in my sig, checked out the "New Civilizations/Leaders Wanted" thread, or seen some of Pouakai or sukritact's posts, you probably know that there is a modding group in progress for a series of civilizations and scenarios known as Terra Novus.

If not, check out these links:

Pasifika - Dev Thread.

Terra Novus Modder's Group

Terra Novus will be a mod (Or, more accurately a series of mods (Modpack, perhaps?)), devoted to bringing you new civilizations and scenarios from lesser-represented regions of the world (The Americas, Africa, the Pacific, Oceania, Southern and Eastern Asia...)

Currently, two major components of Terra Novus (Pasifika, which I am leading, dealing with the Pacific and Oceania, and Zambezi, which Pouakai is leading, dealing with Africa) are in progress.

Why go through that long spiel?

Well, in the development of Terra Novus, the modders felt it would be a good idea to include some more modern civilizations from those regions, as well, since there is a demand for them. However, as not everyone likes those nations, and some people are strongly opposed to starting in 4000 BC with, say, South Africa, we decided to make a seperate pack for those nations. It will not come with a scenario.

This thread is for suggesting your ideas on civilizations and unique components for this sub-mod. A list will be compiled, though, especially when it comes to UAs and UIs, remember that we are restricted in some ways. Please stay away from European or Middle Eastern civilizations, as they will likely not be added.

When it is decided upon, the name of the sub-mod will be posted here, as well.

List 1:

Brazil/Brasil:
Leader Pedro II
UA:
UU:
UB:

South Africa:
Leader:
UA:
UU:
UB:

Gran Colombia/Colombia:
Leader: Simon Bolivar
UA:
UU:
UB:

Three of the ideas in progress posted in the OP, any ideas on abilities/units/buildings/leaders?

Well, in case people are waiting for graphics, sukritact is going to be working on the map for Brazil, which will be posted in this thread when it is completed.

Say, these could be used for a possible Latin American Wars of Independence Scenario...

Anyway:Brazil
UA-Glory of the Amazon:Jungle tiles produce +2 production and +1 research. Double production for chopping jungles.

Just a quick suggestion.

@Pouakai:
Yes, due to the way I'm releasing it.
@SJ2:
Considering I have the other one in progress, that could work - We might need one for the Republic of Central America, though.
I don't want to overwhelm it with Latin American countries only, though. I'd play them, but I think people might want more variety, too.

It's a side branch of TN.
I started it before TN, but the modding group is effectively the same, so I'll
place it with them.
It's not here, though, because it's not part of the modern civs pack, and I want it to first be released at large during S:WW.

Lest you think we're just spouting hot air, here's the first version of Brazil's map, courtesy of sukritact. Please note that some minor changes will be made (namely, adding a couple cities).

Spoiler :

Also - since it was brought up - if a Latin American independence scenario was included, what would the civs be?

Mexico - Republic of Central America - Gran Colombia - Peru - Chile - Brazil - Argentina (La Plata) - Spain - Paraguay (Perhaps as a city-state)?

That would be good, too. We'd have to add Paraguay and Uruguay, then.
Also, Pouakai... as I mentioned in PM, this is starting to sound like it will be a Latin American civs pack (seeing as only Terra Novus members are contributing, and that's what we're coming up with).

Wow, they really are good graphic artists. Keep up the good progress, and I hope all goes well.

I shall definitely be playing this when it gets released.

=)

Top Bottom