1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Terra: Starting Locations querie

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by CaptainMidnight, Nov 30, 2007.

1. CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight Warlord

I've set my Terra map to generate Civs in both the old and new worlds. What I really want to do, however, is to be able to set each Civ to either New or Old World start location. I don't want it any more precise than that, just the ability to select either all.

I don't know python at all aside from some minor option settings. Can anyone give me some advice?

2. Sto

Sto Should i code today ...

Edit the script (make a back up before ) and remove the "findStartingPlot" function . note that you will be able to start anywhere even on small island . To start only on the two world that requires a little more code .

Tcho !

3. CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight Warlord

Sto,

I've done that now, I've also made it so that the human player always starts on the old world. But I'd rather want to be able to select which civilisations that will appear on the New world and on the Old word. A kind of cultural link to starting plots, but still pretty random. Looking at the original Terra code there is the function had something call "BiggestArea", which must be the Old World. There might be an an area ID for the New World. Or I might be wrong.

4. Sto

Sto Should i code today ...

There is no function in particular , but you can check all land area and select the 2 areas with the highest number of tiles and buffer there ID . The biggest will be the old continent and the other one the new . Then if function of the player civilization , select if this findStartingPlot isValid will be one or the either area ID instead of every time the highest .

Tcho !

EDIT : Note that may cause a problem of balance , If at the start of the game there is only one "new world" civ and 10 "old wolrd" civ for an example .