1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrace Farm Hack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Proto_Noob, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Proto_Noob

Proto_Noob Chieftain

Hey all,

I have created an improvement called 'Atlantian Gardens' (AG). It is pretty much a copy and paste of the Incan Terrace Farms (only Atlantis civ is exclusive instead of Inca). My issue is that either of these improvements are blocked from being on hills with resources.

For instance, if there is sheep on a hill next to 5 mountains, I cannot put an AG there!!! Now... what I have found is that if you toggle the boolean BuildableOnResources it will allow you to place one on the sheep, but.... it also will also allow you to build on ANY resource even if it is not a hill. Obviously, if i am playing this mod by myself I can just keep myself from putting there, but I would like this a little more polished.

Is there a pure XML way to get it to stay only on hills and hills with resources. Also, I don't care if I don't 'connect the resource to my trade network'. I see it as an acceptable loss in the example described above... though I would not want to destroy the sheep (or other resource) either.

Thanks again,
    ProtoNoob

2. Proto_Noob

Proto_Noob Chieftain

OK, figured it out. I set the BuildableOnResources back to false and added a line in the <Improvement_ResourceTypes> table for my improvement, on RESOURCE_SHEEP, and flipped the ResourceMakesValid Boolean. Works much better now.

Thank You if anybody already put some thought into this.