Terraforming

Bloodstone

Warlord
Still a little new to the BtS side of things, just my 2nd game at Monarch. I have a city I founded for purposes of a chokepoint, plus some future possibility of a couple of Gem Mines. I knew the city wasn't gonna be much until I came upon Iron Work to chop the Jungle, but I saw more important long term goals, plus at this early stage, 1100BC, I can still afford the negative maintinence.

My ? may be a dumb ones, but here goes. Once I get IW, is there any specific bonus to the chop of the jungle? (like there is with forest, i.e. hammers?)

Is my primary gain going to be the bonus of being able to now work the underlying tile and any possible resources?

In all other games I have always avoided jungles, like deserts so my inexperience here shows. But thanks to this great resource I have learned to play a much broader game. In games past I would have stayed away from the Jungle altogether, although with this particular map there is an abundance of it around me.

One other thing while I'm at it. This map, it's an earth2, generated by PIG, played on epic speed. I seem to have a significant amount of food, happiness, and health resources, but I'm seriously lacking in the strategic dept. So far I've only uncovered one copper I could claim, no horses (and I have AH), no marble or stone. Of course there are others I may pick up eventually, and not having them will make it a challenging game which is cool, just wondering if that happens alot. Thanks

Jungles add unhealthiness and remove 1 food. Chop on sight.

I agree because once the jungle is gone, the tile becomes grassland, opening nearly every development option.

I agree because once the jungle is gone, the tile becomes grassland, opening nearly every development option.

Sweet. I have used it to this point as a settler farm since about the only two workable tiles are food related. Just biding my time to pick up Iron work and set the settlers loose, just thought I would check and see if there were any other bonuses or anything to look for since I've never really pursued this type of terrain before.

Old dog, new trick, be afraid, be very very afraid :lol:

It is important to note however that jungle is very expensive to settle early. First you need IW, jungle itself take a long time to clear, and you need to clear much more of it due to its density and :yuck: effects, meaning you need lots more workers than usual and while it gives many :) resources that are often nicely clustered you need Calender to use most of them.

Top Bottom