Terrain Texture Enhancement 2k

notque

Artificially Intelligent
Would it be possible to include this mod into CBP? It's so beautiful and refreshing. It really gives a nice feel to the game, and helps set a part CBP as a full collection in my view.

I know it was just released, but I'm very excited about it, and think it would be a great inclusion into CBP.

Link to the mod
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=570307

Would it be possible to include this mod into CBP? It's so beautiful and refreshing. It really gives a nice feel to the game, and helps set a part CBP as a full collection in my view.

I know it was just released, but I'm very excited about it, and think it would be a great inclusion into CBP.

Link to the mod
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=570307

Not all systems will benefit from the enhanced resolution, and the dramatic increase in video memory might cripple weaker systems. Cosmetic changes are fine as modmods IMO.

G

Not all systems will benefit from the enhanced resolution, and the dramatic increase in video memory might cripple weaker systems. Cosmetic changes are fine as modmods IMO.

G

Quite reasonable, I'm just very excited for a refreshing change. Fair enough that it's an optional mod.

It does look nice, but I agree that it should stay out. My computer struggles on CiV enough as it is. I'm not really sure how much more it can take.

I really enjoy your opinion about my mod. I think that it will be the best as it is, having a separate mod will serve all parties. Those who can not effort such mod (I will do some benchmarking there),and those who can. So having the information, that there is something like this would be the best option in my opinion. I hope I can release the next version today.

So I have to say, I like it so far. I do think that you will have to complete the other textures as well, like cities, wonders etc, it looks a bit off now in my opinion. Also Zoom in at max near your mountains, it looks kinda strange how the mountains merge with the terrain at the moment.

Lion,

Also Zoom in at max near your mountains, it looks kinda strange how the mountains merge with the terrain at the moment.

Lion,
I worked on that in my new version, thanks to your feedback :)
I don't want to add any other content like buildings etc, I extracted most textures of Civ V just for fun and working on such would mean a lot of work. It would cost too much time to worth it, because objects in CIV V suffer from low polygon count, that can not be compensated with new textures.

Good to know, there is one thing however that I should like to ask, and it is a bit selfish. Could you recolor the mountain from the Machu Picchu wonder to brown?

Could you recolor the mountain from the Machu Picchu wonder to brown?

As far as I know and due to my investigation by extracting nearly all textures, I was not able to find any terrain textures that affect those wonders. I would like to, because El Dorado looks very bad for instance, but I was not able to find it. If you could provide those information, I could redo the texture and any others..

As far as I know and due to my investigation by extracting nearly all textures, I was not able to find any terrain textures that affect those wonders. I would like to, because El Dorado looks very bad for instance, but I was not able to find it. If you could provide those information, I could redo the texture and any others..

If you extracted all 3d art using the SDK, you should have a dx9 folder in your civ root install. There, you can search for decals/textures for everything, including cities, wonders, and improvements.

G

If you extracted all 3d art using the SDK, you should have a dx9 folder in your civ root install. There, you can search for decals/textures for everything, including cities, wonders, and improvements.

G
Thank you. I just had a look into my extracted files and found some dds files that are named Cerro de Potosi. Unfortunately they were all black, but after I used the good old Skyrim Weapon "Optimizer Texures" they turned out to be a blending texture for a mountain.. :lol: I will see if that is what I am looking for. The quality of 128x128 could be an indicator for this..

Can someone tell me, what I can do with the Landmark Editor of the SDK? I am not able to use NExus, it is always disconnecting and the Landmark Editor gives me an error message. So can I export textures of landmarks with this, or any other productive thing? Because I tried those textures out that I found and they do something, but not altering the look of those landmarks.. So I am nearly done with that, because I can not find those textures that are responsible for them.

Thank you. I just had a look into my extracted files and found some dds files that are named Cerro de Potosi. Unfortunately they were all black, but after I used the good old Skyrim Weapon "Optimizer Texures" they turned out to be a blending texture for a mountain.. :lol: I will see if that is what I am looking for. The quality of 128x128 could be an indicator for this..

You should have actual texture/decal files for everything in the game in the DX9 folder. If not, you didn't extract them all.

See: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=386972

For example, I found the city graphics for all city types (so you could, theoretically, clean up city building graphics if you wanted).

G

You should have actual texture/decal files for everything in the game in the DX9 folder. If not, you didn't extract them all.

See: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=386972

For example, I found the city graphics for all city types (so you could, theoretically, clean up city building graphics if you wanted).

G
I will have a look. Thank you. Do you know why Nexus always tells me that it lost connection? Do I have to run Civ or is there anything crappy? Furthermore I am not able to use the landmark editor, due to an "check path name" error..

I don't know about either, but this might help?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=504985
Thank you G. I will read it if I need to use SDK next time, thank god that I don't have to. Thanks to your other link, I extracted everything and found some very interesting textures.

Edit: So I found those textures responsible for landmarks like Machu Picchu, Mt. Sinai etc. The bad news is, that the resolution is limited by the game and can not exceed 128x128 and a specific dds-format, that I wasn't able to find.

Top Bottom