What do you think of these changes?

• Seems okay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wolfmaster

Chieftain
Would love to see someone make a mod that just makes a few changes to the terrain in Civ 6.

Desert: +1 Production

Lake: +1 Food

Snow: +1 Faith

Desert
I've always found it weird that Desert tiles yield literally nothing by default. Not only does it make Desert awful without Petra, but some civs that are incentivized to be in Desert (like Mali or Nubia) kinda suffer for it (though obviously Mali cares more about Gold). Desert yielding only Production still leaves a pretty huge weakness in that your city will have terrible growth, so I don't think this will make Desert too strong of an option. If anything, it should make settling in Desert next to an Oasis or River a good option whether you have Petra or not.

Lake
Not only do Lakes seem to spawn pretty rarely in Civ 6, but their yield is identical to Coast, despite being fresh water. There's also not much point to putting a Harbor in them, since any naval units you make in there will be trapped. I like the idea of Lakes being very valuable to settle around, with lots of high growth.

Snow
As for Snow yielding Faith, that's really just to give it a niche use. If you get a bad start, at least you get an early pantheon!

These changes might not be perfectly balanced, but I'd love to use them in my own games. If anybody would be interested in making this into a mod and releasing it on Steam, I'd be glad to send you $20 on CashApp!

Top Bottom