Terrain

That's a good thought snipper. Right now there is a building in the center of the solar panels. Maybe the maglev could always go over that small building or we could graphically incorporate it as a brace?

Maybe when the maglev encounters a building it could be made to rise up over it? :p
If Civ would draw them correctly we could easily have it be high enough to go over all the buildings. Unfortunatly civ is stubbern and it won't let us do that.

Why not doing it the other way around? There's a maglev model laying around in the database. It is a cubicle with "pipes" going underground. How about letting the maglev graphic go underground too when it reaches a baseplot?

I forgot about that model. That's a good idea too if possible.

You're full of good ideas today Geo. :eek:

Yeah, post the secret and I can apply it to the 3d tube graphic I've already made!

Okay, after many long hours of testing the CIV4PlotLSystem.xml file I discovered that through the RegionTest attribute we can somewhat ensure that no buildings are placed in route areas.

Unfortunately, for some reason the RegionTest did not bring perfect results and thus some buildings would still overlap the route. Test result example:
PlotLSystem.JPG
Since this will be a rare occurrence in game I think we should add the 3d maglev anyway.

AlazkanAssassin- can you please add your 3d maglev tube graphic to the mod and send the changed files so that I can do some further testing?

Wow, talking about a throughly indept test.
Aren't the results different with realistic sized improvements/structures on the plots?

Yes, with larger sized buildings, the conflicts will be all less. There are also ways we should be able to eliminate conflicts altogether. For example, we could very easily make the CIV4PlotLSystem.xml file think the building is larger that it actually is and thus hopefully avoid all conflicts between the maglev and the buildings. For example:
PlotLSystem Builing Example.JPG
We can make a 2x2 size building (green square) appear to be like a 4x4 building(blue square) in CIV4PlotLSystem.xml and thus will not be shown built across the track.

Yeah, that's simply a case of or decreasing the scale from a given graphic, or loading the graphic in a larger leaf. Well, simply... ;)

Glad you found a solution.

OK, I think I just need to keep being interested in it and maybe eventually I will make something :)
Well it seems so far I was not so lucky:

EDIT: Heh, I know this message is invisible to players who are not python programmers, so I keep playing (tried this mod long time ago, now checking out it again)

OK, I think I just need to keep being interested in it and maybe eventually I will make something :)
Well it seems so far I was not so lucky:

EDIT: Heh, I know this message is invisible to players who are not python programmers, so I keep playing (tried this mod long time ago, now checking out it again)

It seems your still playing a old version of the mod since that error comes from python code that has been cut from the mod.

Matt - Are we going to leave terrain the way it is now by leaving it vanilla and simply renaming it to lunar terms? If that works I'm fine with it, but I need terrain and features names for Events.

The terrain will have the proper terrain type names (the vanilla ones can be removed).

most of Feature types are hard coded and thus need to have vanilla feature types (as they are now).

Terrain Features (forests, jungles, ice, floodplains) are no longer hard coded in BtS, they can be renamed and added as desired.

plot types (flat/hills/peaks) are still hard coded however.

I guess I don't know what of those features we're using in the mapscript and don't have that with me right now.

Top Bottom