Eastern Seas
Western Seas
Keltia
Nile
Conclusion
------------------
Minigame #3 will be judged tonight.

MINIGAME #4 WILL START!
By specific request, this one will have a good chance of having religious connections, but who knows? ;)
Minigame #4 said:
Graves, Burials, Pyres.
How does your culture and civilization deal with death? What happens to the body? What speeches are given? How are the people supposed to feel? Tell anything and everything your culture feels about the dead from the moment the person is dead to the moment it is "repared" (burned to ashes, covered with dirt, done drying as a mummy, ect)

Yes. We do. Doesn't change the fact you are the quickest and most stable mod currently. Perhaps second to EQ...

Christos is not with us, but he wishes to participate. This is his entry for Minigame 4.
1) We bury them in special tombs, so their bodies will be kep in good condition.

2) Once a war starts, we take the dead bodies, we burn them and then we throw them at the enemy.

3) After life:

a) If someone died in battle while slaying his enemies and was loyal to the Emperor- son of Sun God, then his spirit will leave to the paradise.

b) If someone is coward, doesnt serves his emperor and is not a good warrior, then his spirit goes to hell.

4) Speeches: The Emperor shouts ''one less wage to pay'' and then everyone has to mourn for 2 hours.

Also, as a warning Amon has shown interest in one of the hordes. :mischief:. He is also busy, so I don't know if he is going to play or not. But if he does. :mwaha:

EDIT: I've realized that Minigame 4 is a little bit too broad. I am limiting it to all the stuff between death and the burial itself. Saving post burial beliefs ect for later. If you wish to detail such, go ahead.
I would like for all Minigame 3 entires to have a bolded "minigame 3" on the bottom. Both narrative and factual entires are enjoyed and appreciated so far. Good job everyone!

The followers of Exnot believe the soul of ones dead is not released unto the heavens until ones body is dealt with. (1) While Cremation is the most widely spread means to do this, all methods have one thing in common among the followers of Exnot. it is done quickly and Effecently, with little ritual until after the body is disposed of. (2)

Once the body is disposed of, it is common for the Friends and family to hold a gathering to remember the dead's life. To speak of the dead's life, of his/hers good times and bad times. to remember his/her deeds and celebrate his/hers legacy's. Usually a lot of beer is involved, and everyone ends up drunk.

tales of what comes after vary widely region to region. usually reflecting the local customs of the region before Exnot spread there, or that of another religion that Exnotism replaced/hybridized with.

One of the greatest penalties a follower of Exnot can suffer is for his/her body to be preserved. the greatest criminals often have their bodies sealed in coffins filled with salt after their deaths, forever preserving their bodies and sealing their souls within them.

(1): Exnot followers do believe that Everything has a soul, though only humans, dogs, and gods have Greater souls. they see that portions of the souls of the animals they hunt are preserved in the meat, and that when they eat them, they are also consuming these lesser souls. Meat is thus a highly prized source of food, for it not only nourishes the body, but ones soul as well.

(2): this quickness is an outgrowth of the great plagues that happened during the time Exnot arose. the people needed to dispose of the bodies quickly, before they brought more death.

minigame 4

King Edguar lay concealed forever within his copper coffin, hastily engraved with his memoirs, trials, and his victories across its lifeless carcass. Soldiers, family, friends; Formans, Aramyans; all glued their hands together below their waists with firm posture and a head tilted downward at the god of the afterlife.

Every king received a funeral at dusk, a time for rebirth, upon a mountain -- the sun slowly brightened the mildly cloudy skies. Edguar had conducted his responsibilities, honourably, and his first son Tier Aram, his only offspring, stood by the cliff-side to complete the ceremony.

At the end of the long, strait path, beside Tier Aram, braced the tilted wooden platform for the coffin, which had at the base perpendicularly a short wooden shelf. Tier Aram would pull the rope attached, relieving Edguar of the mortal world.

In the distance: 'Alarum, a Hyak brigade!' Among the mourning soldiers, family, friends, their heads planted ever harder, eyes wandered to glimpse at arrow attacks.

The four strongmen under Edguar's tomb looked for reassurance in Tier Aram, who nodded humbly. They would maintain their speed.

Screams were heard, battle cries; this coincidence could only be too poetic: in death, fighting the Hyaks for time, to achieve his place in heaven.

A stray arrow flew into the procession, interrupting nothing, but piercing one of the strongmen.

This was the funeral of the aristocrats, atop a hill of heaven. And the temporary body of Edguar, placed at the tilted wooden board, waited. Tier Aram grasped the lever plainly, allowing the screams of far off soldiers to bounce through the air and allow the mourners a moment of collective breath.

He pulled the rope. The coffin slid down the wooden slope, transitioning to the rocky cliff-side, making the noises of wood splintering and copper scratching.

The force of the fall lurched Edguar's soul out of his body into true heaven, even while his real body fell upon the ground, of mortal heaven. No part was spared holy transition.

Great story Stockholme!

I was trying to figure out Kitabilist views on the afterlife- is 'human' heaven different from 'divine' heaven?

Hmmm, interesting food for thought.

I'll see if I can draft something up by tomorrow.

Well...the list in Terrance's sig went from 4 epic hordes to 8.
I am now officially scared, even if only 1 is any threat to me at all.

Great story Stockholme!

I was trying to figure out Kitabilist views on the afterlife- is 'human' heaven different from 'divine' heaven?

I hadn't written anything pertaining to death until now. There have been Ziggurates which can be assumed to be in part burial places, and rulers are usually immortalized through written history, but otherwise not much. The only features so far is a definite difference between mortal bodies and the soul, which ascends to heaven after death. I intended there to be very very few items buried with dead men, because their mortal body has no use for them, they don't ascend, because they havne't souls. The higher classes end up in the pantheon of gods to eternally socialize and watch human affairs, while everyone else goes to some other kinda heaven.

Perhaps a long lost cave inside the Armenian highlands we mythologize? Like an Atlantis of the mountains?

The 'human' heaven referenced in the story only referred to king Edguar being the king of heaven; its not a part of any mythology, its just a artistic quirk.

That should provide you with the basic framework, but of course, Kitabalism is by definition not central in the belief systems.

Well...the list in Terrance's sig went from 4 epic hordes to 8.
I am now officially scared, even if only 1 is any threat to me at all.

Oh bloody f***sticks!

We have Frenks and Zirilites on the move! The south and the west are descending into chaos!

Ring the bells people, ring the bells!

Europe is going to be a bloody carnage! More than three hordes, all descending into Europe!

Nice on that count. :)

Worrying about what exactly these hordes will do though...

Top Bottom