TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Yes, miniupdate orders are usually optional, but regular update orders are required.

Oh hey, 21 000th post. What up. :p

To: Vahlshallah
CC: Ostava

Clearly the Armorican heathens learned nothing from the conference at Spire. We request aid and succor in driving back their assaults and protecting our rightful trade and commerce.

We will gauge the current climate of affairs in Keltia and act accordingly; we have sent word to you via message through which ways we might help if help is needed and we are called upon fully, but we will first see how it goes.

Terrance888, I think you missed my diplomacy a few pages back.
Please link or repost if you want it soon. I will dredge it later tonight. Thanks.

OOC At Terrance: How did they find out about my involvement with the piracy?
Let me say it this way. All the coasts nearby are secured near where the raiders are hitting. If they weren't you, they would be from either Scotland, Ireland, or Denmark. Ireland does not yet have the boats to get to mainland Keltia without going through Isle of Man. Pommerania and Hamberg have deals with the Jutlanders. And if the Scots are raiding for loot, for fighting, or slaves they can raid Kentus, and if they are raiding to free slaves they can raid Kentus. Add to this combat reports/witness statements, fighting, and other things where they can detect minute tactics and tattoos and such things, they managed to figure it out as there are very little ambiguity about it.

Now, another player did some similiar type of subterfuge-raiding and avoided detection because they maximised confusion, spent EP for special stories, took advantage of an area already suffering from raiding, didn't attack right after raiding, and other things as well which gave them the advantage to maintain secret: they could have still been found out, the same that your ships might have been able to avoid casualties or detection.

To: The Commonwealth of Novaricum

The world is a harsh place. There are many enemies all around us, who may strike at any time. Individually, we are weak city-states, at the mercy of the powerful empires around us. We are the only remaining Zirilist nations in the world. We propose a union, or at least an alliance, between us, so we may be better able to face any dangers that await us.

To: The Republic of Apulia

We request that you not interfere in our resettlement of Zirilia, where our sacred mountain of Ziril and the ruined, ancient city of Toras-Noth stand. We promise not to interfere in the resettlement of Southern Valkyria in return.

From the Commonwealth of Novaricum
To the Commonwealth of Utica
CC: The Thloryn Trade Union

This is indeed a good idea, although on the surface we would prefer a defensive alliance. We await word from our good friend and trusted partner the Thloryn Trade Union.

From the Republic of Apulia
To the Commonwealth of Utica

This is acceptable. It is good to know that we can come to an agreement concerning this. We also wish to discuss on how to limit and eventually irradicate the devious pirates of the Thloryn Trade Union, a menace to merchants everywhere.

To: Armorica

The Bloody Throne will exact appropriate revenge. Pray to your heathen gods that you are killed in battle, for we will have no mercy for survivors, be they young or old, sons of warriors or daughters of washing-women. We call on our noble allies and friends, Ostava, to join us and end the Armorican menace once and for all. Blood will pay for blood, and we intend to bathe in it.

From Ostava
To the Beurtgang Empire

We will fight the Armoricans until the time for war is over, whether it ends without any more blood shed occurs, or it ends when any more bloodshed is impossible.

From Ostava
To Armorica

Come, tell me your terms and prove that the Druids are worth tolerating in the eyes of the Faith.

From Danyaria
To the Buertgang Empire

We will aid our brother in Faith and our good friend Ostava and the Buertgang against these Armoricans as long as our aid is required, which doubtlessly can only end in their utter destruction.

From the Iron Lances
Concerning the Conflict

We will defend the Faith as needed. Unless peace is negotiated NOW and in good faith, we will strike like the merciless thunderstorm upon the Veiled Mountains and stand like their unmoving hearts against those stupid enough to test the good will of The Faith.

From Ostava
To the Alfrenks

Concerning the border between us, we will move no south, and merely establish a fort in the pass north of the Rhone. All the lands of the Frenks, except those under the succor of the Iron Lances, shall be yours if you respect the Faithful who will inevitablly come to dwell within the realm of the Alfrenks. We hope this aggreement is suitable to you, and that peace may be preserved.

From Vhalshallah to the Duchies of Kentus, Pommerania, Hamburg, and Danyria;
As a pre-emptive measure, and under orders from the High King Torr the Third of his name, we ask that you all call up levies and troops and ready them to be under the command of our generals, for it appears to be that war will be coming to us soon. We have to protect our peoples, comrades.

From Vahlshallah to the Phoenix Horde;
Can we offer you to become a duchy under our leadership in return for protection, materials, trade, technology, weapons, training, and more?

OOC: What is the Thloryn Trade Union anyway? I though they were just a powerful alliance of merchants. Also, what is my government structure?

From all the Duchies
We have raised levies for the Buggerites, then the Pheonix Horde, then the Frenks, then the Pheonixs again, and now just against whomever? *sigh* We listen and we obey.
From Kentus
We follow the Buertgang anyways, but they would give a similiar order soon against the Druids.
From Pommerania
Indeed.
From Hamburg
Our ports and our men will be ready to carry our men into war, whereever it may be.
From Danyaria *response above*

From the Phoenix Horde
Why would we need your proteciton, you who has paid us tribute to escape punishment? Why would we need to be a duchy to recieve the benefits of materials, trade and technology any civilized person may gain? Why should we become a duchy and give up our traditional weapons and training? We do respect you for being resonable, but we do not see why we should put ourselves under those who must pay so often for their insolence.
tl;dr no.

From all the Duchies
We have raised levies for the Buggerites, then the Pheonix Horde, then the Frenks, then the Pheonixs again, and now just against whomever? *sigh* We listen and we obey.
From Kentus
We follow the Buertgang anyways, but they would give a similiar order soon against the Druids.
From Pommerania
Indeed.
From Hamburg
Our ports and our men will be ready to carry our men into war, whereever it may be.
From Danyaria *response above*

From the Phoenix Horde
Why would we need your proteciton, you who has paid us tribute to escape punishment? Why would we need to be a duchy to recieve the benefits of materials, trade and technology any civilized person may gain? Why should we become a duchy and give up our traditional weapons and training? We do respect you for being resonable, but we do not see why we should put ourselves under those who must pay so often for their insolence.
tl;dr no.

So be it, men of the Phoenix Horde.

OOC: What is the Thloryn Trade Union anyway? I though they were just a powerful alliance of merchants. Also, what is my government structure?

OOC: Ask Matt0088 if you want to know more, but that is basically it. They rival the Apulians.

For your government structure I can let you decide however you want, but it is less a theocracy compared to Toras-north and more an Oligarchy of Kudusts (Lords) and rich merchants, along with the great landowners, hence Commonwealth. If it has a King, or if priests are in the Oligarchy, or if it is elective, that is up to you.

FOR ALL: ORDERS DUE JUNE 29 FRIDAY

WE ARE RACING AGAINST NukeNES: IT'S A MATTER OF PRIDE. :)

VM's WILL BE SENT THURSDAY. FRONT PAGE UPDATED WHEN I GET HOME TODAY. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO START UPDATING WEDNESDAY.

From Ostava
To Armorica

Come, tell me your terms and prove that the Druids are worth tolerating in the eyes of the Faith.
1. You and the Beurtgang must release all of the Ipren Druids.
2. Parisii will return to Armorica
3. Cubi will return to the Alfrenks.
4. The Ipren Druids will be relocated to their homelands where they will take up residence and form their own kingdom.

1. You and the Beurtgang must release all of the Ipren Druids.
2. Parisii will return to Armorica
3. Cubi will return to the Alfrenks.
4. The Ipren Druids will be relocated to their homelands where they will take up residence and form their own kingdom.

From Ostava
1. I am not sure if you are just negotiating with me or with the Beurtgang, but we find this request strange and needlessly tedious. They were enslaved and sold everywhere from Spire to the east to Coruna to the west through completely lawful means. Some were first sold over a hundred years ago! I cannot order all of them to give up their property without compensation, nor do I have the funds to track down all of them to buy the slaves and give compensation.
2/3-I will assume we will return to Pre-war borders other than the fact that Cubi will be given to the Alfrenks? We know not of their involvement, but we are currently negotiating our borders.
4. This is most likely not acceptable. Their homeland is now settled by our colonists and homesteaders, who brought the land either with labor or blood necessary to bring it into our rule. Some families have been living on that land for over a dozen generations.

From Ostava
1. I am not sure if you are just negotiating with me or with the Beurtgang, but we find this request strange and needlessly tedious. They were enslaved and sold everywhere from Spire to the east to Coruna to the west through completely lawful means. Some were first sold over a hundred years ago! I cannot order all of them to give up their property without compensation, nor do I have the funds to track down all of them to buy the slaves and give compensation.
2/3-I will assume we will return to Pre-war borders other than the fact that Cubi will be given to the Alfrenks? We know not of their involvement, but we are currently negotiating our borders.
4. This is most likely not acceptable. Their homeland is now settled by our colonists and homesteaders, who brought the land either with labor or blood necessary to bring it into our rule. Some families have been living on that land for over a dozen generations.
1. Regardless, We demand that all of the Ipren Druids be released.
2/3 - Cubi was taken from the Alfrenks in the Frenkish War over 250 years ago. It is not true Ostavan lands.
4. This will be unacceptable. You forced the druids of Ipren off of their homelands so your greedy colonists could have acres and acres of their own lands and 10 slaves each! we will not permit this.

CC: Concerned Parties

We have subjugated and integrated the Ipren barbarians. It is not for you to dictate terms to the conquerors. Until Armorica withdraws its frivolous and insulting case against the noble Beurtgang Empire and her ally Ostava, we will hold all remaining members of the Ipren society in our custody. If you do not recant within time, we will butcher them. Women, children, the frail and the weak amongst the strong. Toodles.

CC: Concerned Parties

We have subjugated and integrated the Ipren barbarians. It is not for you to dictate terms to the conquerors. Until Armorica withdraws its frivolous and insulting case against the noble Beurtgang Empire and her ally Ostava, we will hold all remaining members of the Ipren society in our custody. If you do not recant within time, we will butcher them. Women, children, the frail and the weak amongst the strong. Toodles.
Them all dieing is a much better fate than their enslavement. Speed up their route to the Otherworld though, and we will continue.

1. Regardless, We demand that all of the Ipren Druids be released.
2/3 - Cubi was taken from the Alfrenks in the Frenkish War over 250 years ago. It is not true Ostavan lands.
4. This will be unacceptable. You forced the druids of Ipren off of their homelands so your greedy colonists could have acres and acres of their own lands and 10 slaves each! we will not permit this.

1. Compounding the difficulty is that many of them converted to the Faith are are thus not enslaved. Some of them worked their way out of slavery, many of them now live in barbaric lands we have no control, only trading contacts with. We have no legal rights to take property from the Buertgang. This effort, by initial slaves alone, will cost over [20ep], not counting their descendent's or trouble in tracking them down. This is impossible, we will not stand for this, and we will stand with the Buertgang on this matter.
2/3 Ah yes. And the Frenks conquered it from our settlers 500 years ago during their migration to the west. And we conquered it from the native animist Kelts over 800 years ago when we ended our wandering with the discovery of the Belief and our promised land. To say the least that we reconquered it with money, weapons, and logistics provided by yours truly. It is ours by right of conquest, and no citizen thinks himself a Frenk. It will rebel as soon as the Alfrenks send their governor: this request is just a ploy to continue the war in less then a generation.
4. And we will not permit your highminded revisionism. Our colonials did not recieve slaves unless they brought them selves, fair and square. Every nation in the history of the civilized world expanded against unorganized and weaker neighbors, threw them from their lands, and replaced them with their own, either partially or completely.

We simply and completely reject every single one of your insane and baseless terms. These terms we offer shall be the final ones we offer this year, before the plowing is done and the sword shall be forged to prevent your lips from spewing such stupidity evermore. Negotiation shall be allowed, but we have finally found the frontier of our formerly boundless patience.

All land shall return to their original owners before your invasion.
The Ostava shall give up those Ipren slaves who are still druids under its control to Armorica.
The Ostava shall aid in the search to track down and free such slaves through purchase at market value. This aid will be through records and officials only. Those who search may do so themselves with this aid, or may send funds for us to track down ourselves.

Mind, we have relatively few slaves. Many of them live in the rough eastern borderlands of Buertgang for opening the tough lands to their irrigation. Others live in Druidic Hamberg for the purpose of maintaining farms left fallow for their soldiers raised for the defense of the High Kingdom. Most are scatted around the know world.

OOC: Reactions to my NPCs amuse me to no end.

To: Concerned Parties

We consider these terms reasonable and will back them with the force of the Bloody Throne's armies. Armorican warriors will leave Ostava's borders intact, or we will reinforce their rightful integrity. This is all there is to say on the matter, we have no intention of surrendering any "slaves" (our rightful property), and we will not suffer Armorica forcing Ostava to make territorial concessions of any kind.

OOC: They would get it if you demanded land for the sake of land. Demanding land for the sake of history is... Doesn't really work, does it? Demanding land for the sake of the people on it MIGHT work, but look at the map, it is safely enswaddled within Ostava and the Frenks there were sent to help form the NESfrenks those many years ago in conjunction with Provence.

IC:
From Ostava
to Armorica

We do not know what has happened to you. Have you had too much woad? Nonetheless, we agree that these talks are worthless. This shall be settled on the battlefield, those of men and of gods. Draw your sword, and may you fall upon it.

From Ostava
To Buertgang, to the Iron Lances

We will accept aid, from arms to men to wield them, to fight and dispatch the Armorican menace from our rightful lands. Will you send them? (Iron Lances says YES)

SOOC: No, the Armoricans are fed up with having to deal with the faith calling them heathens and not accepting Druidism. Druidism is sick of accepting those who will not accept them. They are also pissed off about the enslavement of the Ipren Druids simply due to a religious choice. Armorica is pissed off that the Beurtgang have no concept of freedom. What would they do if they were enslaved to the Ipren?

OOC: Well, the Ostavans are much more moderate, with the Belief variant of the Faith and they accept Druidism. Technically they also enslaved Frenks and other Ostavans- enslavement during war is common after all. The Ostavans on the Ipren border are influenced a bit by the Buertgang.
I could get this part, :p. But fighting the calm soft-spoken younger brother to piss off the older brother and his gang is not a good idea, generally. :p. From each to their enjoyment, to each to their wants.
Well, being pissed IS a good reason to start a war. :p

IC: From the Daughters of the Trinity
The Iron Lances scum cannot stand against us. Let us fight, and we will show them what it truly means to fight the Druids of Keltia!

Top Bottom