1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Terrance888, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Everyone in Europe is crazy in this game. Wtf guys. I'll stop making useless posts now. :( In fact, I'll write a story, so that this post is legitimate! Story incoming!

2. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

To Kitano:

So your land is now mine?

To Ainu:

That means yes or no?

3. Prospo

Prospo King

We find that mixing it liberally with the tears of their family gives it a little extra tang.

4. Tycho

Tycho AFK Forum Warrior

[
    The Mandate of Masgard

With events continuing to spiral out of control in the western edges of Merekovia, in Western Keltia as the Faithful civilians are butchered and murdered for their religion, one has to wonder what the steps Vahlshallah is taking to give back to the Armoricans and others who kill the brothers and sisters of the Faith, and believe that they can hold the line against Beurtgang and Ostava and all the other Faithful lands as it is, but as it can be seen, the Mandate of Masgard is about to change all that in many more ways than one could imagine.

The Mandate, set forth by the Faelinkriser of the Faith, as well as the king of Vahlshallah, Korrin the First, states the following as such.

1. All Druids within the borders of Vahlshallah and it's vassals (aside from the mostly Druidic vassals), are to be interred at refugee camps across the nation. Eight locations have been picked; Chelkro, Ivala, Sar-Ran-Gard, Teufela, Satrap, Rinkovike, Barslov, and Travta.

2. Any Druids captured in war, and any war prisoners at all, will be interred at these camps. Attempting to escape and leave the camps will result in immediate termination.

3. As a result of the violent deaths of the Faithful in the west, all Druidic temples in Vahlshallah itself will be burned to the ground, and the land sold back to the Faith to be used in their own temple construction.

4. Any Druidic women captured in wars and brought back to Vahlshallah will be interred and allowed to either pick the Faith or face execution for any military action against Vahlshallah.

5. Any Daughters of the Trinity that are captured will be put to death, for crimes against the Faith itself, and will have their remains disposed of in unmarked graves.

6. Any Unsullied captured during wars will also be put to death, in the same way the Daughters of the Trinity are.

7. Any raids, by sea or by land, on Vahlshallah, it's vassals and duchies, it's property, and it's territory, will be met with harsh response with the death of any captured prisoners, as well as counter-raids that will return the favor six fold.

8. Any attempt upon the generals of Vahlshallah or upon the King's life will be met with war.

9. Continued attacks on Faithful civilians will be met with a harsh response, chosen to inflict as many casualties as possible.

5. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Hamburg objects and refuses to have anything to do with this mandate. They also rescind their decision to transport Faithful troops.

6. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

The Bloody Throne applauds these enlightened and efficient measures undertaken by Vahlshallah. The day soon approaches when these scum-sucking, bestial druidic barbarians will be driven from Holy Keltia. No one shall be spared.

7. Tycho

Tycho AFK Forum Warrior

I didn't expect anything less of course; since they are primarily Druidic after all. I will remind everyone that due to the actions of the Armoricans in the west, in the killing and butchering of the Faithful, that this mandate was made for those Druids and only those Druids. What would Hamburg request of the Jagged Throne in The Spire?

We will take sufficient measures given the amount of carnage and bloodshed in the west. We will begin having our shipwrights collect and draw up merchant and fishing vessels while at the same time outfitting new warships and galleys for war, in order to make sure that the peace of Keltia, and of it's people may be preserved. We will make sure that our allies and brothers in the west, in Beurtgang, in Kentus, in Ostava, and others, will stand strong, and will do well. The good Druids, those that have not done anything to march against the Faith, will be spared and will be given pieces of the land that we conquer, in return for their promise to not trouble our Faith.

We will finish what has been started.

8. Terrance888

Spoiler :
    ]Armorica/Gem Hound
    Color: Strong Green
    Religion: Druidic Pantheon
    Size: Large
    Economy: 13/2 (3/8/2)-2
    Military: 1 Spearmen (4.5) 2 Unsullied (6), 2 Unsullied (4), 3 Spearmen (3), 4 Spearmen (1.5), 3 Curraghs (1.5), 5 Curraghs (1), 5 Curraghs (0.5),
    Confidence: Admiring
    Culture: Strong
    Projects: The Wall: Completed; Golden Taranis (Completed: +Culture +Armorican Confidence) Temple Hill (DONE: +Culture+Confidence+RC) Druidic Roads (6/8 +Trade+Domestic+Confidence)

Dumonos/Daftpanzer
    Color: Purple
    Size: Medium
    Economy: 14/11 (3/7/3)-3
    Military: 1 Spearmen (4.5), 2 Spearmen (3), 3 Archers (3) 5 Spearmen (1.5), 7 Curraghs (1) 13 Curraghs (0.5), 4 Brettagh (1.2), 15 Brettagh (0.6)
    Confidence: Tolerating
    Culture: Mediocre
    Projects: Great Tin Mines (DONE ++Trade)

Beurtgang Empire /Lord of Elves
    Color: Dull Orange
    Religion: Faith
    Size: Medium
    Economy: 15/3 (3/10/2)-4
    Military: 3 Spearmen (3), 5 Spearmen (1.5), 4 Spearmen (2), 2 Axemen (2.5), 2 Chariots (3) 2 Chariot (6), 2 Chariots (3), 1 Curraghs (2)
    Culture:Limited
    Projects: Upgrade Armies (0/5)

Vahlshalla/Tycho
    Color: Dry Blue
    Religion: The Faith
    Size: Small
    Economy: 12/0 (3/6/3)-5
    Military: 1 Royal Guardsmen (4), 1 Spearmen (3), 25 Spearmen (1.5)
    Culture: Influential
    Projects:

Alfrenks, Kingdom of /Eltain
    Color: Dull Brown
    Economy: 8/0 (1/5/1)-0
    Military: 1 Spearmen (6) 10 Curraghs (.5)
    Projects: Temple to Taranis (DONE+Confidence), Frenkstrum (3/8 +Confidence+Culture)

Vascony /NPC
    Size: Petite
    Economy: 4/0 (1/2/1)-0
    Military: 1 Warriors (5). 2 Warriors (4)
    Culture: Pathetic

Daughters of the Trinity/NPC
    Purpose: Spreading and defending Druidism
    Economy: 5/0 (2/1/2)
    Organization: Groves and Frots
    Assets: Head Quarters (Anda, Armorica), Fortresses (Armorica (3), Dumonos (3), Lundien, Corona, Alfrenks (2))
    Personnel: 3 Trinitarians (5) 10 Fanatics, 11 Warriors, 3 Militia

Ostava, Kingdom of /NPC
    Color: Weak Green
    Religion: The Faith
    Economy: 5/0 (0/4/1)-0
    Military: 2 Spearmen (4.5), 2 Archers (4.5)
    Confidence: Respecting
    Projects:

Lundien, Duchy of /NPC
    Color: Weak Purple
    Size: Tiny
    Economy: 5/0 (1/3/1)
    Military: 1 Spearmen (6), 1 Warriors (3), 1 Archers (4.5)
    Projects:

Kentus, Duchy of /NPC
    Color: Lime Green
    Size: Tiny
    Economy: 4/0 (1/3/0)
    Military: 1 Spearmen (6), 2 Spearmen (4.5)
    Projects:

Hamburg, Duchy of /NPC
    Color: Bright Purple
    Economy: 6/0 (1/2/3)-0
    Military: 3 Archer (4.5), 13 Curraghs (1),
    Confidence: Simmering
    Projects:

Danyaria, Duchy of/NPC
    Color: Light Green
    Economy: 4/6 (1/3/0)-0
    Troops: 1 Royal Guard (6), 1 Iron Lance (7.5)
    Culture: Strong
    Projects

Phoenix Horde/NPC-CIVILIZED STATS LATER
    Economy: 6/3 (2/2/2) -4
    Cohesion: Admiring
    Troops: 8 Hordlings, 5 Civilians, 6 Xiong Chariots
    Hordling Desc: Led by a cadre of Chariot Lords (about 20 each) are about 1,000 well armed runners with bow and axe. The rest use Javelins and light spears.
    Horde Desc: Pushing into Keltia, they are ready to invade Ostava and fight for a new homeland if need be. Member of the Buggerite Horde.

The Iron Lances/NPC
    Purpose: Spreading and defending The Faith
    Economy: 6/5 (4/0/2)-8
    Organization: Lances
    Assets: Head Quarters (Nessos, Nesfrenks), Grand Temples (Spire, Vahshallah), Temples (loads of places in spoilers)
    Personnel: 1 Iron Lancers (7.5) 2 Iron Lancers (5), 2 Forsworn (1.25), 6 Martyrs (1), 12 Fanatics (.75)

Pommerania, Duchy of/NPC
    Economy: 4/0 (1/1/2)
    Military: 1 Archer (4.5), 2 Archer (3), 3 Curraghs (1.5), 12 Curraghs (1)
    Culture: Average
    Projects

The Above should be Keltia's stuff.

Now, if you won't mind me, I'll be busy converting a horde or two into civilized states.

9. Terrance888

I am cleaning out my PM box right now. Please direct compaints to it: I don't want to dredge the last few pages, thanks.

Full stats will be updated tomorrow night on the front page.

10. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Well?

11. Terrance888

PM me that when I ask for it. Other wise posting is fine.

I forgot the Grand Temple, simple as that. Fixing it when I get home.

The extra EP represents very temporary boost you got from the Thloryn Union opening a shop near you.

In private, Matt said he's fine with your agreements but publically, he's comatose.

12. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Thanks!

Edit: So do I have an alliance with Novaricum?

13. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

The Ballad of Lady Isabel and the Elf Knight

Lady Isabel sat at her window a'sewin,
    Aye, as the gowans grow gay
    When she heard an Elf Knight on his bright horn a-blowin,
    On the first morning in May.

Oh I wish I'd that horn that I hear blow so clearly,
    Aye as the gowans grow gay,
    And yonder Elf Knight for to love me so dearly,

Well this maiden had scarcely these fatal words spoken,
    Aye, as the gowans grow gay,
    When in at her window the elf-knight has broken,

"Well it is a strange matter, fair maiden," said he,
    "I canna blow horn, but ye call out to me,"
    On the first morning in may.

"And will you come doon unto yon Greenwood side,
    "Come take a fair horse, and together we'll ride,
    on the first morning in May.

And he's leapt on a horse, and she on another,
    And they have gone doon to the Greenwood together,

"Lie down you, lie down you, fair maiden," said he,
    "We art come to the place where ye art to die",

"Hae mercy, mae mercy, Sir Elf Knight, on me,"
    "Til ain's more my father and mother I see,"

"Well, seven King's daughters here have I slain,"
    "And ye'll be the eighth, will forever remain,"

"Come, sit doon a while, rest your head on my knee,"
    "That we may take rest here before that I die,"

And she stroked his dark head, said, whispered, "Say, sweet,"
    That the Elf Knight was soon lull-ed fast, fast asleep

And she stay'ed his new sword belt, and bound him aroond,
    And with his own dirk, struck the Fiend his death blew,

"Well if seven King's daughters were slain here by thee,"
    "Then lie here and keep them all good company!"

14. Tycho

Tycho AFK Forum Warrior

The Endless March

Pain.

Suffering.

Long have the people of my nation suffered and been broken under the tide of the eastern hordes that swarm from the far reaches, long have we been broken by the demands of the south, and long have we been forced to watch as the westerners butcher our brothers and sisters of the Faith in Armorica, in Lundein, and in other places, places we had once thought to call our friends and allies in kind, places that had once held meaning in our hearts. From the western seas the lash against stony cliffs on the shores of the Druid kingdom, to the forests of the east where the next hordes begin to take shape, Vahlshallah has been torn and bloodied by it's obligations to peace. But no longer, for the spears of the Iron Empire march, the wardrums beat in the air the low tempo, the ships sail the seas, the world turns, what was, may come again.

Valyria; a name of great meaning here, amongst our people, amongst us all, amongst the Faithful and all the others. Blood and brick built the empire, on a foundation of smoke and fire on the backs of slaves and it's citizens. Valyria was proud once, but was laid low by those of the south, those who had had our trust and betrayed it... and now the ones that once had our trust in the west, in Armorica and the Frenkish kingdoms, have lost it. They attack our friends and allies in Beurtgang, and Ostava, they slaughter honest men and women... but that shall change.

For I have seen what must be done. We must sweep aside the leavings of the west, smash them into a bloody ruin, burn their Promised Lands to ash, and leave nothing but embers in our wake as we cut those that stand against Beurtgang, Ostava, ourselves, and the Faith. They have thought that they can withstand the wrath of a nation, of an empire that they think is beyond their reach. They believe that they are safe, protected by their kingdom's grace, but silly people, don't you know? You will reap what you have sown.

The camps have been set up and are waiting the first Druidic prisoners of war that will come to us when we smash through their eastern bulwarks and carve their nation to bits; the Daughters of the Trinity will be massacred and slaughtered, and we will relieve the Iron Lances, and the Beurtgang forces, as we should have done in the first place... but we tarried behind, worried and fretted like old women who didn't know any better whatsoever. We worried about the Phoenix Horde, what Armorica might do to us, what might transpire should we rise up to engulf the west and swallow it in our maw like a Leviathan would do to a whale, but we were foolish then. Now, the sounds of saws and hammers, axes and swords, rings down the Street of Steel, as they make weapons for war, and armor for our soldiers, as our ports churn out ships to be put to use rounding the northern peninsula and then driving a wedge into the bulwarks of the western heathens.

Blood and brick, fire and ash. All built Old Valyria.

Blood and brick, fire and ash. We shall leave in the halls of the druids.

Blood and brick, fire and ash. All will build New Valyria.

Blood and brick, fire and ash.

We're coming.

15. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

Still waiting on a reply to Egypt on my peace offer (Axum leaves the war, Egypt reopens the Red Sea and Nile, no money asked).

16. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Silly people. This war was bad for business since it begun, yet you believed you can punish the greatest empire and so went with it. The offer is this: You and your allies will pay us 10EP and surrender back the Monoremes you have captured and the war in the long sea will end. As for the war in the Nile, I will end it when the Ku****es finally understand their place in the world.

to Kush:
    Have you learned your place in the world? Do you understand how much grander is Egypt? Do not insult us or our allies again weaklings. I expect your tribute to begin a new, higher than before. I expect 5EP per turn and I will release most of the rest of your kingdom.

to northern Raiders:
    Who dares attack our coasts?!

17. Terrance888

From Kush

We would have to sell ourselves into slavery to make the first payment, not to mention the future mpayments and the job of rebuilding our country. We would rather die as men instead of selling our manhood for a pitiful replacement for life.

18. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

I am confused. Kitano are dead now, so their land is mine, right?

19. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

I will grant you your desire. To die as men.

20. Terrance888

Basically. You get their production as banked but no future production unless you spend money in it. You get no troops.

Front Page updating right now.