[TOT] TES The Stormcloak Rebellion -Alpha opened

So,

Lost unexpectingly my pet, couldn't put my heart into anything since yesterday.

I gathered under the attached file the current progress made so far, as well as few ressources and working pictures.
Please feel free to make it blosom if you have the passion for it.

Otherwise, i shall put it back to life once recent events are digested. Thanks for undertanding.

Attachments

• TESStormcloakRebellion.7z
    4.1 MB · Views: 164
I put my head in the evolution for ToTPP of my previous ToTscenario CasualWWiiEurope I let on a side few time ago to put heart and hand in this TES project.

The little work left was bringing units to players, the big one building events.
I'm then learning uses of lua with that EpicCasualWWiiEurope building the event.lua file, with as objectives the release of that scenario, allowing then getting back to the TES project with experience and basic understanding of this architecture & langage.

/The event file shall not be that heavy (that's casual after all), with two or three special systems, only 718lines at the moment waiting for "Event Diplomatic Tech" and "Special Rebels Generation per region" to be implemented.
Was also thinking of a "give back cities to original owner when taken" system between french&english and & nazi&italian while they're allied. I'll see if I put time in it or not.

Last edited:
If you're going to be utilizing lua id invite you to go check out the Boudicca build thread in the Scenario League forum. @Prof. Garfield has put together a modular template there that we will be building Boudicca and would love your feedback.

So,

Lost unexpectingly my pet, couldn't put my heart into anything since yesterday.

I gathered under the attached file the current progress made so far, as well as few ressources and working pictures.
Please feel free to make it blosom if you have the passion for it.

Otherwise, i shall put it back to life once recent events are digested. Thanks for undertanding.

Oh, do you have a mechanic for the inordinate amount of local population ineligible for military service because they "took an arrow to the knee?" :p

I will have look at this, though.

Back on it, building missing underground tiles (while some wonderfull other may be used)
As an exemple, not sure wether finished or not, as I may add some tiny shiny mushroom bringing a little blue glow over walls.
TESUnitsSample.png

Next stuff are Dwemer undergrounds.

Dwemer undergrounds are done, last terrain work now are for undergrounds bonuses.

Took time for a winterhold College city design
TESUnitsSample.png

Or airbase design maybe...
Could make more sense.

I'll have to look for who provided the wonderfull roman coliseum and medieval dungeon pictures to add credit.

Here's a first list of Factions contributing various interractions, events, benefits or losses, imposing choices or unexpected forces at doors, and bringing some alea to the game :

TribalOrcs (Strongholds, good)
AlikrCoterie (SwindlerDen, good)
ThievesGuild (TheRift, neutral)
EastEmpireCompany (Solitude, neutral) -imperials/thalmor

BattlebornHouse (Whiterun, dark) -imperials
x
GrayManesHouse (Whiterun, good) -stromcloaks

BlackBriarsHouse (TheRift, dark) -thievesGuild/darkBrotherhood/imperials
x
SnowShodHouse (TheRift, good)

SilverBloodsHouse (Markath, dark) -stormcloaks
...more nord houses

BlackbloodMarauders (BrokenOarGrotto, dark)
...more bandits groups

DarkBrotherhood (Falkreath, dark)
x
PenitusOculatus (Solitude, good) -imperial

TheCompanions (Whiterun, neutral)
x
SilverHands (Strongholds, neutral)

VolkiharVampires (VolkiharCastle, dark)
PiquineVampires (MorthalSwamp, dark)
VulpinVampires (RedwaterDen, dark)
x
Dawnguard (FortDawnguard, good) -VigilantsOfStendarr
VigilantsOfStendarr (Strongholds, good) -Dawnguard

Some shall be added (some tribal reachmen, houses, bandits or rogue mage groups), some won't (like blades or greybeard), as the drake question shall be the dragonborn's. The dragonborn shall get in the list through.

While some events born from the rpg quests shall arise to the "main power" of a Hold at alea times, I'd like to give each major power a chance to influence once a turn a hold, bringing various consequences. With 2 dialog box for humanplayer (first to choose Hold, second to choose according actions considering many factors) and a part aleas for IA.

Last edited:
Undergrounds are painted. Some rapids are missing in the west yet.
Got an issue to make spritgen work (for landscape units).

May apply little changes (add "building" like stuff on tiles) to dwemer undergrounds.

Files are here if one wanna have a look and discuss some choices.
Event file shall not be triggered at the moment.

Attachments

• TESStormcloakRebellion.7z
    4.4 MB · Views: 147
Bad news, well, at least for me : my computer is falling appart. I'll try to restaure it to factory state, thus install back most of what I had on it.
I'll store around my current project so I could get them bck on track after having back a computer working normally.

Either this one can be saved, either problems are deeper with electrical causes, then a new computer would be needed.

Anyway, if another feel like he can bring this project further, i'd be honoured. Many work is left !

If none have the time or will to get into this mess, I'll be happy to get back to it once I'll have a stable working machine again.

Here's the current state of that stuff

OMG how the hell did I miss this!!! I've been looking for TES scenarios for Civ games in my big scenario search thread and had found your skyrim map last year but not your scenario project as you had no link to it and didn't even mention it on the map download page. The only reason I even found this thread is because I just saw your new download page and nearly fell out of my chair lol! Once again your new download page doesn't have a link to this thread either lol, so I had to click on your username to see if you had posts on the forum about it. Not everyone stalks modder accounts like I do haha so I recommend you slap some links on those pages to get more visitors here which may lead to more help.

Anyway this project is friggin awesome man! Hope you come back to it! :)

Sorry to hear about your computer problems. Hope you're either able to save it or get it'd stuff on to a new one. Personally for my Civ2 modding projects I keep a backup copy of my work on a usb hard drive as I'm always terrified of something like this happening!

I've got big update coming to my scenario search thread so I'll be sure to mention your project in my next update to hopefully bring some more eyes here!

Last edited:
Once again your new download page doesn't have a link to this thread either lol, so I had to click on your username to see if you had posts on the forum about it. Not everyone stalks modder accounts like I do haha so I recommend you slap some links on those pages to get more visitors here which may lead to more help.
I'll correct that, thanks.

Just finished compiling all the ressources I gathered around for civ2, erasing double triple quadruples files before migrating (hoping) temporaly.
Hoped to allow to share it also, sadly, ... there's still for more than 1Go...
Let's fill up usb keys and go for adventure.

If you have to get a new computer, you could always install your old computers HD in it as a storage drive.
Or put the old HD in an external enclosure and use it as a USB backup drive

Downloaded your backup files from that link and loaded up the files in ToT to see how things are going and.. oh man.. mind blown.. you're one to something really special here mate! Love all the labelled dungeon/lairs that presumably link to their own little areas on the underground map.

As well as being in a ton of different Civ communities I'm also in a bunch of TES ones too and I suspect if I posted about this in them you'd get some attention!

Test screenshots:
Area surrounding Solitude
upload_2021-6-6_21-18-12.png

Gorgeous underground
upload_2021-6-6_21-20-45.png

Last edited:
Downloaded your backup files from that link and loaded up the files in ToT to see how things are going and.. oh man.. mind blown.. you're one to something really special here mate! Love all the labelled dungeon/lairs that presumably link to their own little areas on the underground map.

As well as being in a ton of different Civ communities I'm also in a bunch of TES ones too and I suspect if I posted about this in them you'd get some attention!
This enthousiasm is welcome, much thanks !

Let's go back on it, with some thoughts to adapt the initial ideas (as an exemple, many planned neutral factions shall vanish, them beeing somehow hardly useless after all. Some sounds, voices and musics shall add some lore too)

Which is better - Imperials or Stormcloak?
At the moment, none indeed, as it is not yet playable.
In the end, it is hoped none either :D.

Last edited:
Here is the Custom Music Patch.

You can download it from the GitHub: https://github.com/ProfGarfield/CustomMusicForTOTPP

(...)

2. Custom Music For Scenarios

A scenario creator can ship a custom playlist (changing pick music game.txt) and provide the music files for it.

Questions, comments, bug reports, etc. are all welcome.

Sorry bothering you, @Prof. Garfield ,
Does that feature needs anything for the user to add to its install or is it fully implanted within the mod file and the "basic" Totpp install ?

Last edited:
@Fairline , @Tanelorn , @CurtSibling and others, may I ask for your help with the graphical remains ?

Truth is, I see two missing graphic parts at the moment :
On the one side, I can't figure how to build proper dwemer units (namely, their animunculi the dwemer spider, the dwemer sphere and the dwemer centurion), leading in ugly stuff to delete fast.

On the other side, It would be great to build a layer for dwemer underground cities. I still havn't put much time in it, and the style seams already kind of set, considering the "dwemer elevator" map gate.

If you have time to put in it, I can only drool over it. Otherwise, you still have my thanks for reading it and for all the stuff you already shared, leading to many graphics set in this project !

Last edited:
Top Bottom