TES : The Stormcloak Rebellion V1

Yeah, something like that, but maybe you want to shorten the texts
I did that yes and removed some informations (firepower values of hits, dies and rolls) too.
I guess that shall be enough considering its side place in this scenario, on comprehension purpose only.

On the other side, just finished writing the questline for reachmen victory (and will just add an AI "boost" on that side tonight), ending the game once the Red Eagle is revived back !
Thalmor and their hunt for blades shall come next.
exemple3.png

The Thalmor's questline is done and their victory condition set.
Only thing left are building the quests logs, a mysterious quest and an easter egg before going with both :

-MaJ of the describe.txt file, particulary for units
-Tests
-Sound inclusions and alterations (I shall build sound files with bethesda's ones indeed, maybe mixing it with few other sources).

Last edited:
So, some more content got added, a dozen of books got transcribed in (will you manage to play the game in the game, "Kolb & The Dragon" ?) for the dragonborn to read (not anywhere though).
Quest Diarries also got written and can be checked by players.
Few corrections/planned additions got implemented in combat system (like the assassination power, or the animals nerf when attacking cities)

exemple.png

I'd like now to :
-add one consistent exploration location (the ratway) and small ones (like a referrence to Morokei), which should take few days.
-work on the overhaul review of game sounds and special scenario sounds (like a sheet turned one when reading a book, or extracted dialogs, per exemple).
-write a new ReadMe.

Then, full tests with the scenario file, and finally, release !

Last edited:
All planned content addition are done,
the 3 scenario files (base, hard, harder) are created, causing a tiny lua correction on with civ.scen.params.name and the corresponding file parameters (considering its string size limitations)

ReadMe, sounds, and tests !
Gosh ! I imported my native langage voices instead of english ones ! Some more time to spend there.

(I'm meeting dfficulties finding nice souls willing to correct my dusty english. Still on it)

Last edited:
Advanced the ReadMe this afternoon, then spent most of today testing the Scenario.
One or two dozen of bugs got cleared, mainly in relation with stuffs, illnesses or summons.

Finally got a clear launch.
exemple.png

Wow, you have done such a a great job customizing everything, maybe you want to customize the dialog.bmp, Boarder1.BMP and Civwin_back.bmp too? Or do you like the default ToT grey?
I don't dislike it indeed, and don't find it that bad with the scenario lore.

Truth is however, my tiny try on that side went quite bad. :)
I really can't claim to share the expertise you displayed with a wonderful result in your Spanish Civil War scenario.

Edith, spent few time bug hunting, giving another dozen corrections.

Last edited:
I don't dislike it indeed, and don't find it that bad with the scenario lore.

Truth is however, my tiny try on that side went quite bad. :)
I really can't claim to share the expertise you displayed with a wonderful result in your Spanish Civil War scenario.

Edith, spent few time bug hunting, giving another dozen corrections.
I see you did some tweaks already with the grey tile/brick background in the status window, which is actually pleasant to the eyes! Maybe incorporate that same background to the dialog windows? Just a suggestion

But hey, if you like it as is that's all been said, please ignore my comments. I personally dislike all the default ToT graphics, maybe it's just me! :)

Currently building the sound stock and the associated lua code, quite the work indeed.
I'll take a look into the dialog.bmp after that ;)

I think I caught the necessary sounds.
I'm currently placing them, with tests needed for combats (intro, battling, some healings and death might be troo much) and will take time in the way to extract and place some voices too with needs.
On the other side, I'm currently housing a mp3files folders to allow people to get lore ambiance musics. I'm not too sure about integrating a music module, not sure about my understanding of TheNamelessOne explanations about his functions, what can be done, how, and what can't.

(sound testing next to someone loudly snoring is ... helpless by the way :D )

On the other side, I'm currently housing a mp3files folders to allow people to get lore ambiance musics. I'm not too sure about integrating a music module, not sure about my understanding of TheNamelessOne explanations about his functions, what can be done, how, and what can't.

(sound testing next to someone loudly snoring is ... helpless by the way :D )
Hey, you can have a look at @Prof. Garfield 's music module: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/totpp-custom-music-patch.650161/#post-15555342

I think I caught the necessary sounds.
I'm currently placing them, with tests needed for combats (intro, battling, some healings and death might be troo much) and will take time in the way to extract and place some voices too with needs.

I've attached customMusicIntegration.lua to this post, along with the updated version of the General Library (which it relies upon). All you need to do to link it is to require the file somewhere in your events. civ.scen.onSelectMusic will register the required code in that file.

To use:
Set this to true
Code:
local useCustomMusic = false
create a Music Folder within your scenario, and place the .mp3 tracks in it.

Then, rename the tracks
Code:
local trackList = {}

-- These are the files played for each of the options in
-- @PICKMUSICTOT
-- You can add extra entries to trackList, but you should
-- probably also add entries to @PICKMUSICTOT if you do
-- (stuff won't break if you don't, just some tracks won't
-- be selectable, or selected when being played)

trackList[0] =  "Funeral March.mp3"
trackList[1] =  "Ode to Joy.mp3"
trackList[2] =  "Crusade.mp3"
trackList[3] =  "Alien.mp3"
trackList[4] =  "Mongol Horde.mp3"
trackList[5] =  "The Apocalypse.mp3" -- note that in @PICKMUSICTOT, this is misspelled
trackList[6] =  "Jurassic Jungle.mp3"
trackList[7] =  "New World.mp3"
trackList[8] =  "Tolkien.mp3"
trackList[9] =  "Mars Expedition.mp3"
trackList[10] = "Jules Verne.mp3"
trackList[11] = "They're Here.mp3"
trackList[12] = "The Dome.mp3"
trackList[13] = "Mary Tudor .mp3"
Looks like an extra track 13 was left over from my tests, so you may have to comment that out.

Hey, you can have a look at @Prof. Garfield 's music module:
This used to be required to have custom music in a scenario, but now it isn't. It is just a way to have playlists/extra music in a game (that doesn't have any custom music).

Attachments

• customMusic.zip
    46.5 KB · Views: 14
Actually working to deepen battle sounds (beginning - heart of battle - end of battle), I'm slowing down the amount of sounds and musics I'm adding, already having a scenario file weighting more than 3 times the base game !

Last edited:
Sound integration is done. I guess I met a limit with its use in and around battles, and tweaked it so it is best integrated.
Time to complete the ReadMe now, then I'll both
-Take time to test it with my brother looking for missed bugs, balance and difficulty* (and see his reaction to a surprise I didn't and won't display there before release :) ).
-Select and gather 13 musics to propose and integrate thanks to Prof Garfield code :) .

*On that part particulary, while I believe the difficulty got up in contrast with the first version, I'm wondering how much it could be challenging (or possible) for our pro players depending on factions :)

Then will come the heavy release !

Last edited:
If you give me a head's up of a few days, I can do a video review of the release and post it on the main page the day you release it. (This goes for all designers reading) - I've gotten away from it, but I'd like to start doing that again to drive more eyes to our creations.

Top Bottom