TES : The Stormcloak Rebellion V2

Dadais

King
a scenario by dadais. Requires TOTPP v0.18 or higher, by TheNamelessOne, with lua loaded

• Installation
Please download the scenario files from CivFanatics's link or directly from ModDb,
then unzip into your scenario folder to install.

• Playability
This scenario is built to be multiplayer-friendly, yet to give a challenge to single players too.

• Presentation
ReadMe1.png

ReadMe2.png

ReadMe3.png

ReadMe4.png

ReadMe5.png

ReadMe6.png

ReadMe7.png

Last edited:
BTW I'm not sure if your CFC resource page direct linking to a ModDB redirection page is a good idea long term. ModDB probably don't like that and change it periodically. Better to link to the regular download page similar to what you've done in this thread as that is stable and will never change unless you change it.

Also I think something has gone wrong with your upload as it's just under regular Civ2 moddb page instead of your Stormcloak rebellion mod page there.. and in fact when I go to your mod page's download area it still just had v1 there.

eg notice how it's just Civ2's info and banner at the top of this one instead of your mod page
https://www.moddb.com/games/civilization-ii/downloads/tes-the-stormcloak-rebellion-v20

and notice how on your mod page there's only v1 in the files area
https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-elder-scrolls-stormcloak-rebellion-scenario/downloads

However the good news is you don't need to do it all over again as I'm pretty sure that if you edit your new download there should still be an option to add it to your existing mod page after the fact.

BTW I'm not sure if your CFC resource page direct linking to a ModDB redirection page is a good idea long term. ModDB probably don't like that and change it periodically. Better to link to the regular download page similar to what you've done in this thread as that is stable and will never change unless you change it.

Also I think something has gone wrong with your upload as it's just under regular Civ2 moddb page instead of your Stormcloak rebellion mod page there.. and in fact when I go to your mod page's download area it still just had v1 there.

eg notice how it's just Civ2's info and banner at the top of this one instead of your mod page
https://www.moddb.com/games/civilization-ii/downloads/tes-the-stormcloak-rebellion-v20

and notice how on your mod page there's only v1 in the files area
https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-elder-scrolls-stormcloak-rebellion-scenario/downloads

However the good news is you don't need to do it all over again as I'm pretty sure that if you edit your new download there should still be an option to add it to your existing mod page after the fact.
Much thanks for noticing that Blake00 and for your advices !
Not comfortable with ModDb, I indeed did everything wrong with this distribution !
I didn't manage to bring that link to the mod using the edit function. I'm thus uploading again the file in the right place, and will take your advice into consideration to link properly there :) .

Much thanks for noticing that Blake00 and for your advices !
Not comfortable with ModDb, I indeed did everything wrong with this distribution !
I didn't manage to bring that link to the mod using the edit function. I'm thus uploading again the file in the right place, and will take your advice into consideration to link properly there :) .
No worries mate. I actually made the same mistake once too so that's how I know haha! ;)

I think when editing the existing download you get a list of mod pages you control on the left and then you either double click or use the blue arrows to move the mod page over into the right window which then links it. Although I have a bad feeling that even after I did this and it finally correctly appeared in my mod page's downloads section, that once I loaded the mod download page it still didn't display the right stuff up top and was generic Civ2 instead of my mod page, so yeah you're probably better off doing it all over again haha. If you + add the new download while in the files section of your own mod page that'll stick it in the right spot for sure! :)

1668869912047.png

Download link is restored.
Much thanks again Blake, I'll look a little more into this "mod" object in moddb.

Hi Dadais,

Congratulations on your release.

I took the time to download the scenario and wanted to start it up just to have a look but I seem to be encountering an issue.

I don't know if anyone else is having a similar problem but no matter what faction I select or difficulty level the game crashes to the desktop on the very first turn as soon as the 'ravager' unit seen below enters the town of Kolskeggr.

ravager.png

I'm running ToTPP 0.184 and the operating system on the computer I use to play ToT is Windows 7.

No issue there with ToTpp 0.18.1 and win10 (compatibility win8 on or off)
Capture d’écran (27).png

I'm looking for what the versions past my testing one does...

Spoiler v0.18.4 :
Fixes:
- Fixed a crash bug in the 'Extra settler flags' patch caused by reading an uninitialized variable.

No clue there

Spoiler v0.18.3 :
Fixes:
- Fixed a bug in the extra tech patch that made Fundamentalism unavailable.
- Fixed another bug that caused "Future Technology" not to be displayed correctly on the scoring screen.

No clue there too

Spoiler v0.18.2 :
Features:
- onCanFoundCity now fires for advanced tribes
- LUA: Added tile.hasGoodieHut

Fixes:
- Fixed city production upgrade after a unit type becomes obsolete.
- Fixed a bug in onGetFormattedDate where an incorrect turn was passed for the space ship screen.

Could it come from here (Considering units production limited per tribes) ?

A city taken also launch a sound specific to its tribe. Could it comes from there ?
(could you set in commentary the line 26817 to test that please ?)

It also launch some tests related to "questlines", yet all of them negatives at this point.

Last edited:
So the good news is that commenting out line 26817 fixed the problem with the 'ravager' entering Kolskeggr...

Code:
-- civ.playSound("ScenarioMusics\\GloryForForsworn.wav")

Unfortunately, I'm getting another crash in the opening turn and this one is much harder to identify where it is occurring, i.e. units are moving around, there's some attacking going on and then CTP.

Ha ! It could come from the format of some of the sound files I created then ?

Do your ToTpp executable have the "DirectShow sound" option checked please ?

Hmm, it doesn't seem as that's the problem because my "DirectShow sound" option was already checked,

directshow.png

I don't know if this helps but I was able to identify two potential other times when the crash occurred:

It occurred here when a 'ravager' attacked a 'commander' or 'Galmar Stonefist' (in this case it's hard to tell)

ravager2.png

and here when a 'vampire lord' was attacked by something but I couldn't see what:

vampirelord.png

I don't know if this helps but I was able to identify two potential other times when the crash occurred:

It occurred here when a 'ravager' attacked a 'commander' or 'Galmar Stonefist' (in this case it's hard to tell)

View attachment 645600

and here when a 'vampire lord' was attacked by something but I couldn't see what:

View attachment 645601
Did you put optionnal sounds on or are they only minimal ones ?

I'll try to send you altered sound files to match better usual civ2 ones.

So the good news is that commenting out line 26817 fixed the problem with the 'ravager' entering Kolskeggr...
So, following the format issue clue,

Could you please put this attached sound file in the "TESScenarioFolder\sound\ScenarioMusics" folder please,
then get back this line to play and check if it is then still crashing your game ?

:)

Attachments

• correctionTest.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
Tested your links. You're in business mate, looks good.

Btw if you edit your main mod page you'll get an option to add a 950x150 banner up top which will appear behind your title whenever someone visits your page and your download.
Guess it or not, I was useless enough to create a new account on ModDb, which delayed a little the banner setting.

It is now uploaded !
exemple.png

I tryed to create little videos to present quickly each faction and its position, and few others to show key features yet, ... pop up dialog frame are not captured by the xbox bar (I'll look into it though)

Top Bottom