TES : The Stormcloak Rebellion V1

-Many unit movement particularities got integrated in the new event file, distributed differently for many.
-The Aetherium lock system, lightly altered, got prepared to be extended to the two Sanctuary doors too, with one allowing a questline centered around the dark brotherhood.

-About the scenario's texts : sorry bothering you @CurtSibling ! Have you began correcting the text compilation file I sent you few weeks ago for the first version of this scenario ?

If no, please refrain from doing so : having built a new message system including many pictures, many string are altered and many other are added, making it denser. Many more shall be added too, bringing new quests, references, etc.
If yes, please don't go further (but any correction is still welcome !) : I may bother you with the latest version later on if you're still willing to, and, having your advice in mind, am thinking about lurking around some TES english fan forum to seek help on the langage quality part.

The existing Serana's questline got transposed within the new Lua structure and systems.
In the meantime got prepared its extention, allowing for the chase of a moth priest, a visit to its family after awakening before going on quest ...

Considering the quests mobility needs, a small amount of unique or special units got given an "Inflitration" power, being able to paradrop up to 4 tiles away, raising their mobility.

Created a structure for the Black Sacrament ritual too, now limited to Stormcloack, and preventing them from spamming dark brotherhood assassins and each assassin from going on an offensive killing spree.
Created a parallel questline for others to "destroy the dark brotherhood" (or so they think).

This new structure around quests shall make it easier to understand when reading code, thus easier to integrate the awaited new quests.
Prepared some new references to add in game, like a falling mage, the adoring fan, "Kolb & The dragon", the arrow in the knee ...

Working on Quest migration and evolution, fell by chance on a song, designed for civilized breton in Teso yet giving a tribe vibe, to upgrade the Forsworn sounds.
They shall be more similar to the other playable tribes ones.

Considering the weight of lore pictures (already 20Mo with a 160Mo bank), I'll allow myself to rework some sound, making them a little longer.

I am considering to get too in game npc voices to add even more flavour to the dialog frames.

Six thousand lines caps in the lua file passed.
Those are still four thousand ones to alter and transfer from the old event file to the new one, and additions in exploration and quests coming to do.

I did set the message system so player have them at their turn, making it more clear for multiplayer (hotseat in mind) games.

I'll try to post a call for help on the uesp forum when I'll attack the exploration feature (which weight half of what's currently left) both :
-To check about lore stuff to add in / correct
-To have help with english and in game langages to provide correction on texts (all grouped in a single dialog creation function)

civ.scen.onUnitKilled() is now totally transferred, with alteration of the Sanguinare Vampiris infection and its duplication, giving new utilities to Shrines (previous Temples) and potion masters.

Beware of Witbane, Brain Rot, Bone Break Fever, Rattles and Rockjoint !
One small illness could give deadly consequences if not treated.

The Vampire infestation is now altered :

Instead of being given a chance when killing a vampire unit to get the tech/policy to produce vampires,
Player may now only get vampires by having units contaminated and surviving until transformation. Be it naturally or intentionnally. Main units will be excluded from this system.

dBerneClanNightstalker.png

Lycantropy shall be altered too, giving two ways to get these beasts, giving them a special feature "in" fight.

The map shall be altered too near the throat of the world, providing a missing (and in game discreet) pass from ivarstead to the stormcloak camp

Last edited:
Shrines and Alchemists now can cure (most) illnesses.

Furthermore, the three alchemist units, instead of healing fully units on their tile, now either partly heal (considering their expertise) either gives leveled potion and poisons to these units.

cAlchemyDesk.png

On the other hand, I believe that's too much messages occurences to give it a message ?

Lua code is still going forward, currently working on "unit stuffs"* datas and functions.

Next coming shall be the Exploration part with a great rebuilt to make it more efficient within the existing system.

*Gears (iron, daedric etc), main spells, potions values and stats influencing fights.

There's less and less to transcribe and adapt !

exemple2.png

On the other side, the new event file already have 8500 lines and is lacking
-few work on upgrades (unit type are done, unit stuffs -weapons, enchants and magic spells- are left to do) are to be done,
-a little work on carriage and its AI use is to be done (forgot that feature, thus had to change the senario tip in accordance too),
exemple3.png

-but also content to add (quests and miscelanious/diplomatic local explorations)

Also !!! Correct english texts before release :D is needed, as @CurtSibling pointed it ! I can't seem to find an active adult forum dedicated to Skyrim, and gave it a falied try in a facebook group. @Blake00 gave me the idea to look for discord groups. I havn't pushed my luck on these groups at the moment, still working on the above.

Half convinced by the sound used at the moment, I realised I had a sound bank with my old wariii install to look in (for spell effects especially !) and to work with using "audacity" !

Carriages (transports) and Stuffs (spells and gears) features are done. The Lua file inflated to 9700 lines at the moment, while the scenario special pictures weight "only" 44Mo this far.

Only left are the Exploration feature and the new onInitiateCombat (where there shall be a "range" variable taking place) to build before the work to add many more new content begin !

Last edited:
Getting back in exploration after few weeks taking care of the whole family at home for vacations.

Feeling happy seeing my new code organisation allows to get back in it without the difficulties I could met with some ancient projects.
Exploration for boats at sea is done, and shall see new specific locations for some special occurences.

Applyed an easy correction too to the Carriage system, so ships may not be transported in them.

Launched civ2 with the building save to get shipwreck tile locations.
Took advantage to see no major error was made with the last 8 hundred lines of codes.

Yet, tested the human (and shared) part of the carriage system ... managed to correct two smal bugs (variable names), allowing to see it work as intended.
AI behaviour tests shall be for later.

Took few minutes to alter the "earth&rock floors" tiles into "earth&rock tunnels" one, giving them layers so undergrounds feel less opened, working with earth and rock cavern tiles.

exemple.png

LandUnits exploration system got refined, integrating to the new message (dialog) system, but also allowing easier integration of features and content extentions.

A little change to it sees the ability for some units (alchemists, workers and hunters ones) to reroll their randomness, allowing for them to aim some activities when exploring.
Some new animals are also integrated there.

I guess a third of it is now done.

Last edited:
Hooo this never ends.

Applying corrections so the dialog pop up won't spawn during ai's explorations !
With that, upper ground exploration will be done, with only undergrounds left to be done before going to combat system and new contents.

Somehow distressed seeing this issue only now when two third are done, yet glad thinking about it now rather than seeing it on a test later.

Last edited:
Casual explorations occurences are done, special explorations and encounters are in work.

This scenario version sees quite a lot of statics defined at the beginning of the event file which shall help balance the game further or personnalise easily one's experience.
This decision comes from the excellent exemple in @tootall_2012 and @Knighttime napoleon scenario and the recent experiences of this lacking.

exemple.png

Didn't realized the 15 000 lines threshold got passed, was still around twelve thousand in mind !

damn mate.. you're a machine! very impressive!
I'm currently finally working the big Civ2 MGE episode for my video series (that all my work over the last few years feeds into) and am putting together the fantasy scenarios section and I think I'll stick in a little part saying "there's no Elder Scorlls MGE scenarios but there's an amazing one for Test of Time!" giving you a mini-plug in the MGE video in prep for a much bigger plug in the ToT video I'll be working on next year.

@Dadais This code is impressive. Well done! Still wrapping my head around the basics. Quick question for you: what do you mean by "casual exploration occurrences"?

Quick question for you: what do you mean by "casual exploration occurrences"?
This scenario sees an "exploration" feature.

It allows a unit to check the tile it is on (and somehow its neighboring ones) : this triggers little event terrain-type-specific but not tile-specific : harvesting plants, ores, looting ruins, hunting preys or meeting feral creatures (aka beeing hunted) are such "casual features"

The one I consider special are either encounters not tied to terrain type which comes last (such as meeting a farmer and a painted cow on its way) or tile(s)-specific events with priority, some related to quests (such as Serana's awakening), and some not (such as the giant mudcrab fossil discovery or Thalmor intel gathering activities).

On a player point of view, there's not much of a difference in game. Same key to use, same choice given not to use. ;)

Top Bottom