Test build: v.37b for patch 1.0.3.18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
Nothing new, just the DLL update for compatibility with Civilization patch 1.0.3.18...

Let me know if it works to you, TIA :D

(if you're using Civ5 vanilla, CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll is included in the mod, but still need to be moved in the game folder to replace the original DLL, and as usual, make backup)

I made an account on the forums seeing how people weren't replying fast enough to you, in anycase I too am running Vanilla and still nothing is working

I'm assuming this is to be put in the mods folder? I also noticed RED WWII DATA files folder absorbed the CIV5 MOD file type when I launched the game, but I am also assuming that's to be expected?

for vanilla you still need to copy the custom DLL ( CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll ) to the game folder.

it's now included in the mod folder ( ..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v xx) ) but must be copied to the game folder ( "C:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v" or wherever you've installed civ5 ), replacing the original DLL. Don't forget to make a backup !

Sorry I should of been more specific but it doesnt matter anymore I just figured it out - this file (v 37.b) comes in a Civ5M file type, its not already opened with WinRaR or 7zip, and I completely forgot to try manually opening it with WinRaR!

Now, admittedly I am completely ignorant when it comes to Civ5 and how it works. I didnt know that you had to manually open the R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 37.b).civ5mod - I'm guessing (.CIV5M) is an archive of somekind? Anyway it was completely foreign to me.

Sorry for the trouble! I far as I can tell its working, I'll play it extensively and let you know if anything pops up.

.civ5mod files in the mods folder are usually automatically extracted by the game when you enter the mods menu.

but yes, it's just a 7zip archive, and can be manually extracted too.

for those that can load it and were plagued by the "convoy bug" I'd also like to know how the save is acting now...

Finally I could put back my hands into the mode :D

I haven't played yet, but I want to report that despite my mod didn't update automatically, I unzip the DLL files, pasted correspondingly and the mod started to work. I think I'm running the versión 37 (not the 37b) but I'll check if any bug arise in order to go back and put 37b into work.

Hopefully scripts are up and running as well ;)

if you don't have BNW, updating only the DLL for vanilla or G+K is enough.

Tried to manually extract files using 7-zip into mod folder. Mod doesn't start. I have no other mods active.

The games seems to have extracted the file it self, into a folder named "R.E.D. WWII Edition (v.37.b)". The folder contains the original file from the download link. But despite this the game only recognises "R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v 4)".
I'm puzzled. Please help :(

Sorry I really can't give support for test version, not enough free time for that, please wait for the final build if you have problem installing it.

Test version (beta, alpha, this special build) are provided for test purpose, not normal play

Don't get it wrong, I really appreciate the feedback and reports, I'm just explaining why I can't spend time helping to install it, it's stressful enough to do it for "normal" version. For a test version, I just want to know how it works once installed.

So far turn 40 everything is going OK playing as German, Deity, no alternate history. The re is only one thing bugging me, enemy panes are destroying farms, manufactory, etc. As far there is no worker to repair, are we suppose to stay put to the very end, right? maybe this is not precisely a bug but made in purpose.

For the rest as I said the game runs smoothly :goodjob:

improvement destroyed during cities bombardment are automatically repaired after a few turns (but if the city is always under bombardment, that'll be difficult...)

Just out of curiosity, have you seen any possibilities for usage of the new things that BNW adds Gedemon ? :)

One tag for unit:
<LastToDie>

Now I can represent mechanized infantry with a mix of soldier and armored carrier, and be sure that it will be the armored carrier that will die last.

And they've fixed the units limit on map, that has allowed me to remove a hack in the code that was used to allow map loading.

And maybe we can convert convoy to use the trade route mechanism (not using BNW bonuses, but using the pathfinder), but I'm unsure on how to make it works fine with submarines gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom