1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Test mod - one cave, city, civilization and cosmos (uses Rockdrums2RockAndRoll)

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by raxo2222, Jun 5, 2019.

1. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

This is a test mod designed for checking units and buildings - building/tech/resource/civic requirements and text/icon entries.

Following requirements are gone:
    State religion (buildings can work fine without it, just needs religion itself in city now).
    Population
    Amount of cities
    Amount of buildings (reduced to single building if required multiple buildings before).
    Latitude (Animal/Resource spawning is done trough cheat buildings).
    Civics (buildings still need them to be built but can work without them).
    Unit level (needs unit of given level).
    Not in city prereqs (X couldn't be built in same city as Y).
    All victory conditions, player count and game option restrictions were removed from buildings too.
    Free techs and diplo votes are disabled.

You can grab all corporations, natural wonders require caves as dirty trick for limited real estate, and group wonder limitation is disabled.

For units its game option, state religion, civics requirements and forced replacement.

City gets 10000 production per turn so you can get all buildings within turn.
    Subdued animal spawns every turn (Python), all map resources and continental cultures are provided by buildings.

Production and research costs are normalized (same as defined), anarchy time, free techs, animal spawning, bad events are turned off.
    City can use third radius from start.
    Only walls are displayed.

Its meant to be tested only on space map included with this modmod.

Long speed is best for testing - you will be able to build all wonders without traffic jams (you can't build more wonders than one per turn).
    Subdued animal spawner obsoletes at Atomic Lifestyle.

All sound volume is set to 100, and city sounds were removed from era infos.
    Set sounds to music only
    Spoiler :
    Civ4BeyondSword 2019-06-06 11-26-08-99.png

Resources has Tech Reveal and Tech Enable:
    Tech Reveal displays resource on map but it can't be traded.
    Building requiring it MUST have RawVicinity tag to be buildable as soon as resource is Revealed.
    Tech Enable allows normal use of resource.
    This means if building gives resource, then this resource is available at its Tech Enable unless building requiring it has RawVicinity tag for it.
    Code:
    <RawVicinityBonus>BONUS_X</RawVicinityBonus>
    ^Can use X at its tech reveal.

<PrereqRawVicinityBonuses>
                   <VicinityBonus>BONUS_Y</VicinityBonus>
                   <VicinityBonus>BONUS_Z</VicinityBonus>
    </PrereqRawVicinityBonuses>
    ^Can use Y or Z at its tech reveal.

This is map that I included with this mod:
    Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2019-06-05 13-34-47-38.png

Earth contains all terrains and features.
    It also has coasts, river and one tile with tropical ocean due to single building.

There is 17 spots for city colonies:
    Zone 1 - Cislunar Space (orbit is 3 tiles thick) and Moon
    Zone 2 - Mars, Venus and Mercury along with asteroids
    Zone 3 - Outer Solar System with asteroids and Titan (separate map category)
    Zone 4 - Transeptunian Space
    Zone 5 - Interstellar Space with and without star terrains
    Zone 6 - Orion Arm
    Zone 7 - Milky Way
    Zone 8 - Local Group
    Zone 9 - Virgo Supercluster
    Zone 10 - Observable Universe
    Zone 11 - Unobservable Universe
    Zone 12 - Hyperspace with Distant Past/Future and Branespace forming certain shape

Essentially I turned this mod to city builder with space colonization, where you can relax and listen to some music (@Sword_Of_Geddon music mod).
    Less than 1000 tiles and tiny amount of possible cities means absolutely lowest end of turn wait time at cost of absolute lack of war.
    Long speed is recommended as you can't build more than one wonder per turn.

As for combat.... one could extend map and add those all terrain/feature islands up north, so for example you could have 12 AI city states to fight.

Due to technical aggressiveness of mod you would have to take notes somewhere if you spot wonky building/resource/tech/civic requirements of buildings/units instead of editing and committing files.

Updated to SVN 11050

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    KaTiON_PT likes this.
  2. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

Looks very cool! I miss the old OOC games.
    Will you also make a proper OCC version of this mod with regular building and tech costs etc?

raxo2222 likes this.
  3. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Its easy change - just use diff tool to revert changes in era infos and regular globals - look at tech/building/unit cost modifiers that I changed.

By the way with this modmod(mod because PPIO file is changed) even weakest computers can toy with this mod :D

My duel space maps aren't too demanding too.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I think OCC is still available in the game options xml file - just need to turn it to not being invisible and/or off by default.

raxo2222 likes this.
  5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Remember that this modmodmod uses TWO modmods :D
    Its modmodmod because I changed one file from PPIO - one related to python wonders, and two files from this music mod - Era Infos to remove city sounds and to flatten research costs, and other one to equalize volume of all sounds - some songs were quieter and others were louder.
    If you play without those modmods, then Animal Spawner building won't do anything and you will get errors in audio log or something like that.
    I also updated A New Dawn defines to only show walls.

You can test ARTSTYLES with this mod (in bracket I wrote UNIT artstyle):
    Code:
    ARTSTYLE_AFRICA - Ethiopia (NUBIA), Mali (MALI), Zululand (AFRICAN), Aborigines (AFRICAN)
    ARTSTYLE_ANGLO_AMERICA - America (AMERICAN), England (ENGLAND)
    ARTSTYLE_ARABIA - Arabia (MIDDLE_EAST)
    ARTSTYLE_ASIA - China (ASIAN), Korea (KOREAN)
    ARTSTYLE_CRESCENT - Assyria (BABYLON), Babylon (BABYLON), Ottoman (OTTOMAN), Persia (MIDDLE_EAST), Sumeria (BABYLON)
    ARTSTYLE_EGYPT - Egypt (EGYPT), Hatti (BABYLON), Israel (MIDDLE_EAST)
    ARTSTYLE_EUROPE - Celtia (CELTIC), France (FRANCE), Germany (GERMAN), Holy Rome (GERMAN), Netherlands (DUTCH), Denmark (DENMARK)
    ARTSTYLE_GRECO_ROMAN - Byzantium (BYZANTIUM), Carthage (CARTHAGE), Greece (GREEK), Rome (ROME)
    ARTSTYLE_INDIA - India (INDIA)
    ARTSTYLE_IBERIA - Portugal (SPANISH), Spain (SPANISH), Brazil (SOUTH_AMERICA)
    ARTSTYLE_JAPAN - Japan (JAPAN)
    ARTSTYLE_MESO_AMERICA - Aztec (MESO_AMERICA), Maya (MESO_AMERICA), Tupi (MESO_AMERICA)
    ARTSTYLE_MONGOLIA - Mongol (MONGOL)
    ARTSTYLE_NATIVE_AMERICA - Native America (NATIVE_AMERICA), Iroquois (IROQUOIS)
    ARTSTYLE_NEANDERTHAL - Neanderthal (VIKING)
    ARTSTYLE_NORSE - Scandinavia (VIKING)
    ARTSTYLE_RUSSIA - Russia (RUSSIA)
    ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA - Inca (SOUTH_AMERICA), Head Hunters (MESO_AMERICA)
    ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_EAST_ASIA - Khmer (KHMER), Siam (KHMER), Polynesia (POLYNESIA), Maori (POLYNESIA)
    ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_PACIFIC - Australia (AUSTRALIA)

Sorted by unit artstyle:
    Code:
    AFRICAN - Aborigines, Zululand
    AMERICAN - America
    AUSTRALIA - Australia
    ASIAN - China
    BABYLON - Assyria, Babylon, Sumeria, Hatti
    BYZANTIUM - Byzantium
    CARTHAGE - Carthage
    CELTIC - Celtia
    DENMARK - Denmark
    DUTCH - Netherlands
    EGYPT - Egypt
    ENGLAND - England
    FRANCE - France
    GERMAN - Germany, Holy Rome
    GREEK - Greece
    INDIA - India
    IROQUOIS - Iroquois
    JAPAN - Japan
    KHMER - Khmer, Siam
    KOREAN - Korea
    MALI - Mali
    MESO_AMERICA - Aztec, Maya, Tupi, Head Hunters
    MIDDLE_EAST - Arabia, Persia, Israel
    MONGOL - Mongol
    NATIVE_AMERICA - Native America
    NUBIA - Ethiopia
    OTTOMAN - Ottoman
    POLYNESIA - Polynesia, Maori
    ROME - Rome
    RUSSIA - Russia
    SOUTH_AMERICA - Brazil, Inca
    SPANISH - Portugal, Spain
    VIKING - Neanderthal, Scandinavia

As you see UNIT artstyles are VERY unique.

I had to update it since there were three unbuildable buildings - there was ONE building that requires city to be on peak, other had broken building requirement and another required ordnance that I didn't want to build.
    Also Animal Spawner needs obsolete tech to stop spawning animals - it obsoletes when biodome is available (Ecology).
    Somehow I had column of cislunar space where should be orbit. Added KBO object in gas giants zone corner.
    I disabled few annoying events too like earthquakes, sunk boats, sandstorms, dam/refinery failures, supervirus, tornado and floods.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  6. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

@pepper2000 it appears map categories aren't applied to religions consistently - I used void terrain (has all map categories) in between zones in rows so trade with Earth would exist.
    I blocked that out and updated map, also I used worldbuilder to remove religions and separate space with orbit in my test game.

Religions were pouring in, and apparently for some of them I could build temples and stuff.
    Also breeding pairs are without map category too.

I discovered that some space buildings require other buildings that have later tech prereqs.
    For example X requires Y, X requires tech at x100 and Y requires tech at x105.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

How are religions supposed to interact with map categories?

8. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Trade and religion/corporation spread (latter with Realistic Corporations) between space and Earth can't happen if you separate them with Orbit terrain as no routes can be placed here.

As for religious buildings some of them have set map category to Earth only.
    Other religious buildings doesn't have set map category at all meaning can be built in all map categories.
    Some of -1 cost buildings are like this too.

9. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

I noticed that too and am not sure why. Are missionaries somehow able to get off-planet?

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Couldn't they be flown in to any city by an airport?

11. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

No, I meant that map categories were applied to religious buildings VERY inconsistently.

That is some religious buildings could be built and other religious buildings couldn't be built.
    For example Christian buildings have Earth map category but not Jain or Druid religions meaning you can build Jain/Druid buildings but not Christian ones.

I think that it wasn't applied to modular religions.

12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I finished my test game.
    I added save.

Some buildings might disappear if you load it without this mod.
    Earth will be most affected :p

Amount of cities requirement should scale with map size.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    KaTiON_PT likes this.
  13. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Looks like I didn't need to remove MinAreaSize in my mod - all I needed was 20 tiles of sea.

Now I'm testing this mod with unedited buildings to clean up various mistakes in buildings and units.
    I changed all instances of MinAreaSize 20 to 10 - no need for that much water also it was very arbitrary.
    There were two instances with MinAreaSize of 220 effectively disabling those two unlucky buildings from being buildable unless city was at big bodies of water.

So I removed all those MinAreaSize where building wasn't intended to be buildable in coastal city (bwater tag).
    I added updated spacemap.

Now it has no preset civ - you can choose any civ now making it useful for testing art styles and unit art styles - all those listed above.

I added fish resource so you can build boatyard, marina and yacht club (last one doesn't need improvement but needs yacht club).
    I can add improvement requirement to yacht club as buildings with missing improvement don't appear at all.
    Also build farm on plot with flood plains to build farm supply.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  14. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I updated this modmod to latest assets.

Now only latitude limits, state religion, civic, not in same city, city count, city population, building count, and unit level requirements are removed.
    I removed game option and amount of players restrictions in buildings too.

UN no longer asks for votes (two other diplomatic vote buildings didn't ask for votes in earlier test).
    You can build all natural wonders too.
    Free techs are disabled.

Space map now has road connecting future space colonies and I placed fishing boat and farm so you don't have build them every time you do test.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    KaTiON_PT likes this.
  15. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Looks like one of world wonders allows you to spread religion when setting new city.
    That is if you have state religion, then new city automatically gets that state religion.

16. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Updated to SVN 10620.

Crusaders and kentucky derby are turned off (no units spawned in python).
    Marigot Line (that one spawning bunkers at borders) has that functionality disabled.

17. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Updated to SVN 10680.
    I removed civic/state religion/game option requirements from units too.
    I had to update python file in it as it was bit outdated.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    TaylorItaly likes this.
  18. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Now this toy/testing modmod is now updated to SVN 10703.

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  19. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I think this modmod is now resurrected.
    Updated for SVN 10764

Following requirements are gone:
    State religion (buildings can work fine without it, just needs religion itself in city now).
    Population
    Amount of cities
    Amount of buildings (reduced to single building if required multiple buildings before).
    Latitude (Animal/Resource spawning is done trough cheat buildings).
    Civics (buildings still need them to be built but can work without them).
    Unit level (needs unit of given level).
    Not in city prereqs (X couldn't be built in same city as Y).
    All victory conditions, player count and game option restrictions were removed from buildings too.
    Free techs and diplo votes are disabled.

You can grab all corporations, natural wonders require caves as dirty trick for limited real estate, and group wonder limitation is disabled.

For units its game option, state religion, civics requirements and forced replacement.

City gets 10000 production per turn so you can get all buildings within turn.
    Subdued animal spawns every turn (Python), all map resources and continental cultures are provided by buildings.

Production and research costs are normalized (same as defined), anarchy time, free techs, animal spawning, bad events are turned off.
    City can use third radius from start.
    Only walls are displayed.

Its meant to be tested only on space map included with this modmod.

Long speed is best for testing - you will be able to build all wonders without traffic jams (you can't build more wonders than one per turn).
    Subdued animal spawner obsoletes at Atomic Lifestyle.

All sound volume is set to 100, and city sounds were removed from era infos.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    KaTiON_PT likes this.
  20. Epi3B1rD

Epi3B1rD Chieftain

Will this be updated for the latest SVN, since the era info got switched around?