[TOT] Test of Time - Game over event

Rick6819

Chieftain
i just got a message that my game is over. did i do something wrong at start up? I got this: At the very moment the proof of the Unified Field Theory is to be demonstrated, the World Consortium of Physicists makes an even more startling discovery-Why the universe exists at all. With this knowledge, life on earth progresses to a higher plane of existence where there is no longer any need for competition. YOU HAVE WON THE GAME!

i just got a message that my game is over. did i do something wrong at start up? I got this: At the very moment the proof of the Unified Field Theory is to be demonstrated, the World Consortium of Physicists makes an even more startling discovery-Why the universe exists at all. With this knowledge, life on earth progresses to a higher plane of existence where there is no longer any need for competition. YOU HAVE WON THE GAME!
Your post has been reported to staff by someone for accidentally being the wrong in forum and needing to be moved.. and admittedly I'm not aware of these things existing in Civilization 2 either unless you're talking about a specific Civ2/ToT scenario/mod that used those custom names for wonders? If it is Civ2 or ToT please specify the scenario you're talking about.

If not Civ2 then I know there's a Unified Field Theory in Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, so is that the game you're talking about? Or maybe Call To Power?

Last edited:
i just got a message that my game is over. did i do something wrong at start up?
I don't think so. There is an events.txt file in the Original folder, which triggers after anyone has 5 future techs, with 1/3 chance each turn. I don't know why they added it to Test of Time, but presumably you can eliminate it by removing the event from the file (it is the only event, so you could probably just delete events.txt). I don't think it will change your existing game. I think that events (but not Lua events if you know what those are) are stored as part of the saved game file when a game is started.

Your post has been reported to staff by someone for being the wrong in forum and needing to be moved.. and admittedly I'm not aware of these things existing in Civilization 2 either unless you're talking about a specific Civ2/ToT scenario/mod that used those custom names for wonders? If it is Civ2 or ToT please specify the scenario you're talking about.

If not Civ2 then I know there's a Unified Field Theory in Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, so is that the game you're talking about? Or maybe Call To Power?
No. Civ 2 Test of Time. just a regular game. it's never happened before.

No. Civ 2 Test of Time. just a regular game. it's never happened before.
ahh no worries, I've added a ToT prefix to your thread and added a bit more to your title for good measure. That should stop any further confusion. :)

Ahh yes.. I see the events file with a message containing that message in my Test of Time/Original/ folder. Interesting.. yeah I guess as the Prof says, try removing it and hopefully it'll stop getting in the way of future games.

Thanks guys! I'm just gonna ignore it & start another game. I really don't want to mess with files & stuff.

Thanks guys! I'm just gonna ignore it & start another game. I really don't want to mess with files & stuff.
I had the same thing happen to me. Check your save folder to see if it is in the correct file path for the game you are playing and if there is an event file in that folder as well. If you save the game in the wrong folder or the folder has an event file the event file may have triggered the message/game ending.

Top Bottom