Test of Time Project Patch Installation Guide

McMonkey

----Evertonian----
SLeague Staff
I have decided to make a sticky thread to assist new (and old) members of the Scenario League in installing Test of Time Project Patch and other Test of Time files. It amazes me that there are still new faces appearing from time to time and I bet there are a lot of old MGE or ToT fans out there who lurk and would really enjoy playing some of the latest scenarios.

I know it can be daunting to get into a game that the existing players have been working with for years and know like the back of their hands. I remember when I first looked at Open General I didn't really know where to start. Then I saw that someone (Luiz Guzman?) had made an installer that did all the hard work for me and included a ton of campaigns. Anything that I can do to replicate that ease of installation has to be a good thing.

I will edit the rest of this post with instructions. If anyone has anything to add that would be useful please let me know.

I know I had issues getting it to work in the default ToT folder and had to install Test of Time on my external hard drive in a folder called GAMES. I then installed the 1.1 patch (which I will link to) and then ToTPP (I will link to the ToTPP thread so the latest download will be seen). I know there is a guide on there and I will copy this here. I just thought a step by step guide from start to finish would be helpful. We would also include details about getting stuff to fun on 32bit and 64bit machines.

* Install Test of Time. Check here for more detailed instructions.

* Install the v1.1 patch available here, here or here.

* Download the latest version of ToTPP and install (v0.13.2 is in post #646 on this page: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-test-of-time-patch-project.517282/page-33)

* In the Games folder create a Scenarios (you can call this whatever you like)

* Download scenarios and unzip them to the scenarios folder. Many scenarios are compressed with 7-Zip which is a free open source archiving program that can extract the 7Z, RAR and ZIP archives found on this site. It can be downloaded here.

* Launch Test of Time with the TOTLauncher.exe which is located within the Games folder

* Have fun! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask in this thread.

Last edited:
Does ToTPP extends the 20KB size for the events file?

Actually is there something like a complete changelog in the whole thread of "TheNamelessOne".
And what takes to make an older version scen to work on ToTPP. I am going to try this on my laptop that is running on 64 bit Windows 8. If it does not ... the Linux drive is going to follow. I am determined to not having only 3 time windows at year to work with CivII !!!

Hi everyone, and thank you McMonkey for creating this thread !

I'm unfortunately facing a problem with step 1 : The link you provided with detailed information for TOT installation isn't working anymore.

Would you have another one at hand (I didn't find much on my own, I'm afraid) ? Or would you be kind enough to write instructions here ?

Welcome to the Scenario League Key-key-jar

I'm afraid I don't have that link anymore. Do you have the Test of Time CD?

I would run installation as normal but when it asks you where you want to install the game, create a new folder on your C Drive (or whichever drive you want to run it from) and call it GAMES (or ToT or anything you like, as long as it is not the default the installer has picked).

After that, download and install the v1.1 patch from the link and if you want to use ToTPP you can download and install that also, but it is not required for most of the older ToT scenarios or to play the original game. The ToTPP does however have a lot of bug fixes for the original game that should make your experience more enjoyable.

I hope that helps. If you have any other queries please get in touch. We would need specific examples of the issues your having. The more detailed the explanation the better.

If you don't have Test of Time CD you can either buy one for cheap on E-Bay or Amazon. Alternatively, send me a direct message with your e-mail address and I may have another solution :D

Welcome to the Scenario League Key-key-jar
Thank you ! And thanks as well for your quick answer !

I might have the CD somewhere, but that seems unlikely. I do for sure have the classic Civ 2, but TOT... I'll have a look !

Top Bottom