Test Version - October 8th (10/8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try it out later today, but I'm already cautious about some of the new tourist changes; sounds like on any of the higher difficulties, you'll be buying the AI's blue jeans by the Renaissance.

Large, Fractal, 9 Civs, 20 CS, Epic Speed, Deity Difficulty. All victory conditions, Raging Barbarians, Random Personalities. Playing as the Celts. I built Stonehenge, The Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, and the Petra.

Did I say Renaissance? I meant Classical. Yes, that's turn 110 on Epic, which is like what, turn 65 on Standard? Okay, hold up, I know these are beta numbers. Please don't get mad at me. I'm just providing my data. I highlighted some helpful numbers in the pictures.

See if you can spot the problem.

I'm all for having some people influential over others; that's why the game has bonuses (that you can never really use in vanilla since you only culture bomb at the end, sigh). So I like that idea that you can get it earlier and ride it through the years. But I also don't want to lose in 1,000 BC. Probably needs a tweak or two. :king:

Again, please, don't roast me. I'm not upset at the numbers. I played the beta to test this exact thing. Take the numbers and do what you will.

Large, Fractal, 9 Civs, 20 CS, Epic Speed, Deity Difficulty. All victory conditions, Raging Barbarians, Random Personalities. Playing as the Celts. I built Stonehenge, The Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, and the Petra.

Did I say Renaissance? I meant Classical. Yes, that's turn 110 on Epic, which is like what, turn 65 on Standard? Okay, hold up, I know these are beta numbers. Please don't get mad at me. I'm just providing my data. I highlighted some helpful numbers in the pictures.

See if you can spot the problem.

I'm all for having some people influential over others; that's why the game has bonuses (that you can never really use in vanilla since you only culture bomb at the end, sigh). So I like that idea that you can get it earlier and ride it through the years. But I also don't want to lose in 1,000 BC. Probably needs a tweak or two. :king:

Again, please, don't roast me. I'm not upset at the numbers. I played the beta to test this exact thing. Take the numbers and do what you will.

Current numbers definitely overtuned. Thanks for feedback!

G

Apologies if this has already been reported or is a known issue. I also may be installing something incorrectly because of the 4 folders listed for this beta release nothing corresponds to the "Community balance patch mod compatibility v9" though I have tried the beta release with both the mod active and inactive with no change.

The issues are no name over the city, and in city-view only fruit show up as resource icons. The latter is more hilarious than annoying as when youve been playing civ this long you know what tiles put out just by looking at them. No city name prevents easy access to city view obviously.

http://imgur.com/a/PmKGb

:) I did now. And it worked. Thanks boss.

And a general thank you from all the noobs that may show up and ask asinine questions (like this one) of the devs. Ive been on the other side and I know it can be frustrating, but your patience is much appreciated. :)

I don't get it, how are people becoming influential and winning games with 0 tourism output?
It's a bug with the tourism bonus from doing stuff, I imagine.

The intention of this version is so clear in the OP. I'm flabbergasted by this thread.

It's a bug with the tourism bonus from doing stuff, I imagine.

The intention of this version is so clear in the OP. I'm flabbergasted by this thread.

Yep. One of the event tourism boosts from the palace was accidentally grabbing 20% of total culture ever produced instead of culture per turn. That's a bug. :)

New version inbound shortly.

G

New version up (11:00am EST). Getting closer!

Tourism Rework, Mk.3:

Adjusted science from TRs to scale with era and influence - values are now:
  • +1 (Exotic) * Era
  • +2 (Familiar) * Era
  • +3 (Popular) * Era
  • +4 (Influential) * Era
  • +5 (Dominant) * Era

Adjusted gold from TRs to scale with era and influence - values are now:
  • +2 (Exotic) * Era
  • +4 (Familiar) * Era
  • +6 (Popular) * Era
  • +8 (Influential) * Era
  • +10 (Dominant) * Era

Added % bonus to Growth (i.e. immigration) bonus from Trade Routes to other civ cities based on influence.
  • +3% (Exotic)
  • +6% (Familiar)
  • +9% (Popular)
  • +12% (Influential)
  • +15% (Dominant)

• Caravansaries and Harbors produce Tourism with another major civilization when you complete a trade route to one of their Cities. Trade route must originate in a city with the building to get the bonus. Caravan = land, Harbor = sea. Bonus = 20% of current Culture per turn (as with palace). Mint gets this for land/sea as well.
  • Every time you build a World Wonder, a GP is born, or you complete a CS quest, 25% of your current empire-wide culture output is converted into a Tourism boost with all known major Civs.
  • Writer/Artist/Musician Guilds now buildable in up to 3 Cities
  • Spy-Diplomats now always generate tourism bonus (was formerly only available to opposite ideologies)

Theming Yield bonuses added:
In theme bonus tooltip, you can see the yield your city will gain if any theme is active on the building
Yield is a flat bonus to City yields(+3 science, +3 cultue, etc.)
For example: if you theme the Great Library, you gain +3 science in the city.
This was the lightest possible method of adding value to theming (in terms of DLL use/abuse)​

Interface:
  • Added reverse tourism to tooltip of culture overview (shows you the cultural level of the civ you are looking at versus the civ you have selected)
  • Added 'Tourism Update' notifications that tell you when your influence over a civ reaches a new level, and when another civ reaches one with you (also goes in reverse, if in decline)
  • Added Tourism worldmap popups when you get tourism in certain situations (Related to changes above)

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed random leaderscreen CTD
  • Reworked AI recruitment for units to operations for speed and accuracy
  • Fixed a few AI deals issues
  • Fixed a few slowdown points in DLL
  • Fixed a few lua issues, esp. CS greeting issue in EUI
Balance:
  • Celts gain +5 faith in capital if their pantheon is present (UA element)
  • Increased tech costs a little bit (up to renaissance)
  • Honor reveals barb camps again (in revealed territory)
  • Road costs actually halved in Authority (Martial Law)

Files changed:

• CP
  • CBP
  • CSD
  • EUI
  • Compatibility Files (EUI and no-EUI)

Download Link

Have fun! Remember to clear cache and delete LUA folders!!

G

Apologies if this has already been reported or is a known issue. I also may be installing something incorrectly because of the 4 folders listed for this beta release nothing corresponds to the "Community balance patch mod compatibility v9" though I have tried the beta release with both the mod active and inactive with no change.

The issues are no name over the city, and in city-view only fruit show up as resource icons. The latter is more hilarious than annoying as when youve been playing civ this long you know what tiles put out just by looking at them. No city name prevents easy access to city view obviously.

http://imgur.com/a/PmKGb
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13272535&postcount=1

Authority description indicates 'All' barbarians camps are revealed but I think (and hope) that's 'All barbarians on know terrain are revealed' ?

Added % bonus to Growth (i.e. immigration) bonus from Trade Routes, scaling with era, to other civ cities based on influence.

Does it actually scale with era? Seems a little unnecessary since it's a percetnile bonus. If it does, then how much?

Caravansaries and Harbors produce Tourism with another major civilization when you complete a trade route to one of their Cities. Trade route must originate in a city with the building to get the bonus. Caravan = land, Harbor = sea. Bonus = 20% of current Culture per turn (as with palace)

Every time you build a World Wonder, a GP is born, or you complete a CS quest, 25% of your current empire-wide culture output is converted into a Tourism boost with all known major Civs.

Are the bonuses from these two instances actually different by 5% or is it a typo? Also, have the tourism from the poor mint been scrapped?

Does it actually scale with era? Seems a little unnecessary since it's a percetnile bonus. If it does, then how much?
Probably a case of copypasta.

Are the bonuses from these two instances actually different by 5% or is it a typo? Also, have the tourism from the poor mint been scrapped?

They are probably different by 5 actually, it makes sense that the palace bonus should be bigger.
Did you like the mint thing? I really felt like it was way unfair, I mean one tile of gold in city-range and suddenly I can double my tourism from trade-routes.

Did you like the mint thing? I really felt like it was way unfair, I mean one tile of gold in city-range and suddenly I can double my tourism from trade-routes.

I don't know really, just asking. It's just that the mint needs something.

By the way, loving the UI updates. Thanks for the great work!

I don't know really, just asking. It's just that the mint needs something.

By the way, loving the UI updates. Thanks for the great work!

Really don't like the mint either, but this doesn't really feel like a good solution. Maybe just straight up removing and and redistributing its existing bonuses between other buildings would be better.
It just kinda feels out of place, like the circus before the happiness was added. Or the ivory bonus on the circus.

Caravansaries and Harbors produce Tourism with another major civilization when you complete a trade route to one of their Cities.

Sea civs were already disavantaged because of this, with the tourism system they will be more and more...

There is a difference of a complete Era between Caravansaries and Harbors.

I see 2 solutions to balance this :
  • Put the tourism thing on lighthouse
  • Put this whe we enter Renaissance ( Anyway in Medieval Era Tourism was developped with Axes and Lances :D )

Removed 'recall trade unit' from CBP trade overview

This is getting removed and I didn't even know it existed. I'm playing in the 8/1 version and I can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom