Testers for the next patch

In addition to more chance of wheat in Europe and more chance of rice in Asia, I suggest more chance of wine in Europe and more chance of silk in Asia in high and very high likeness.

I also suggest less chance of spices in temperate areas and less chance of sheep in tropical areas.

EDIT: Make that less sugar and spices in temperate zones and less cotton and sheep in tropical zones.

I've noticed that Spain often ends up on the same island as England.
This makes France way too powerfull, because Germany is often too far away from them to be a threat.

It's now not only Super Greece, but also Super France.

EDIT: Add Super Vikings to that list. The Vikings are now very powerfull in most games, often conquering parts of Germany and Russia.

Okay, make that only for medium and high. I've had a decent Spain spawn in very high likeness.

Valencia flipped to the French:
Should be renamed Valence in French, but didn't so is also not in the list. Please add.

Played a bit testing MP game. Strange thing, I'm first in score but I lose next turn and no message about winner. Isn't it independents time victory? :lol:

Attachments

• AD-2019 - Russia - Turn 499.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
Nody, in fact in very high likeness Spain is too big, and France is often nerfed because of that. Portugal often doesn't spawn close enough to be a challenge for Spain.

AP, in my current game, as Spain in very high, France is a little cramped, but they could easily colonize half of the 'British' island (which is actually a peninsula) which the English leave empty for some reason, but they don't. It's 1400 AD now.

In what should be the Iberian peninsula half of it is Portuguese by flipping. 2 of my cities, 1 of which was originally a Carthagian city flipped to Joao. They spawned 2 tiles from one of my cities I actually just founded.

Bug report:

I just started a game in high likeness as China and I got the message 'Maybe you want to review you civics?'. I checked it out and the default expansion civic 'Subjugation' wasn't selected (non were), instead it showed 'Despotism', just like the default government.

Bug report:

I just started a game in high likeness as China and I got the message 'Maybe you want to review you civics?'. I checked it out and the default expansion civic 'Subjugation' wasn't selected (non were), instead it showed 'Despotism', just like the default government.

I reported this bug about a year ago, but thought it only occured when loading a save. Did you load from a saved game or did you start playing directly?

Start playing directly, second turn I got that message.

I now have played a couple of games in all likenesses, but none before China in this beta (3).

Other topic:

Super Greece was a constant factor in all my games, I suggest letting them start with 1 settler.

Good news! Jerusalem flips to Persia for a change, instead of Greece or Babylonia.

This is why I like RAND.

Still, with or without Jerusalem, another Super Greece will just be a matter of time I'm afraid.

The Russian spawn way too close to China in high and very high.

In comparison, they spawn in central Siberia. They often spawn exactly north of Persia.

IMHO, they need to start close to Germany and colonize their way to China, like IRL.

I suggest at least 10 tiles northwest of Persia in a huge map.

In my current game, they found two of their start cities just behind the Great Wall (of China).

EDIT: Here's the save: View attachment Ming Tai Zu AD-0900 Turn 211.CivBeyondSwordSave

About my last bug report:

I started a new game as China in high likeness and it didn't happen again.

2nd EDIT: In this game Jerusalem DIDN'T flip to Egypt, they founded Judaism in Niwt-Rst!

Is this normal for high likeness: Greece spawns between Babylonia and India, WTF?

EDIT: Persia spawned north of India, so it's NOT totally f*cked up, I mean scrambled.

Babylonia spawned where they should spawn, but Greece spawned where Persia should spawn.

I think it's because there is no Mediteranean sea between Africa and Europe.
Greece needs to have a coast at spawn. It's just one big continent: 'Africeurasia'.

Don't know if this is a bug:

Tucume (native city) spawns in Siberia 4 tiles east of Moskva!

Last 3 games I saw Tucume in Siberia or at least Asia.
IMHO there should be no Natives in Asia and Europe.

EDIT: Then again, Moskva is (as always) exactly north of Parsa, which is also wrong in high likeness.

Top Bottom