Testing of AI aggressiveness in old versions

Hey, some of us seen a noticeable drop of AI willingness to declare war, punish low military score or forward settling, and even attack properly with full strength when war comes. Indeed some of my games now are declaration of friendship circles. And I'm not talking about recent tactical AI bug that is causing them no to attack on a tactical scale.

Would you guys be willing to participate in a photojournal or review of your games on some older versions with some hand chosen warmonger AIs? We can settle on some one save or just upload the result and feeling of the game played on version at least two years ago. This could help us and developers pin down what we want from AI and more dynamic diplomacy.

The new version will have several improvements in this regard

Hey, some of us seen a noticeable drop of AI willingness to declare war, punish low military score or forward settling, and even attack properly with full strength when war comes. Indeed some of my games now are declaration of friendship circles. And I'm not talking about recent tactical AI bug that is causing them no to attack on a tactical scale.

Would you guys be willing to participate in a photojournal or review of your games on some older versions with some hand chosen warmonger AIs? We can settle on some one save or just upload the result and feeling of the game played on version at least two years ago. This could help us and developers pin down what we want from AI and more dynamic diplomacy.
Due to the high number of bugs that were eventually fixed in later versions, it would be difficult to tell what the cause of the aggression is.

You can use the control knobs in DiploApproachWeights.sql to raise or lower AI aggression. The scores for each approach are in the logfiles.

Top Bottom