Texas State Law Declares Most Texas Elected Officials to be Communists.

I definitely believe them. 88% of the time I've used the word 'knuckles' on CFC, it's been metaphorical. And I've no idea what term is used to describe an action in text in order to create an image for the viewer of something I didn't actually do but is itself an allusion.

Spoiler Example :
*flips through grammar textbook to figure out*

Oh, no not another Trump thread !

The argument is legal nonsense.

Failing to certify an election result is NOT committing an act.

And it was not trying to overthrow a government merely
trying keep an expired POTUS in office.
Who else likes to imagine this is exactly what came out of King Charles I's mouth at Whitehall

I'm still thinking about it. And it seems to me that accusing your opponents of misusing checks & balances and power transferal systems, abusing them yourself, all to reduce expectations of good faith/performance in government itself is an incredible power move in a two party system.

Only the first abuser gains any potential benefit, and they also mitigate damage from corrective systems (justified or otherwise). Its achieving early bird gets the worm and second mouse gets the cheese in one move.

Well, people decided that fleeing Cuba was worth their time and the government there stopped them. In Texas, my suspicion is that people are more than welcome to flee.

In fact, I think we could literally examine net migration between the two states and the laws preventing leaving. I'm not sure a black and white analysis is warranted.

@Senethro , that's kinda why I found the tactics similar to Starve the Beast. Abuse it until there's misery, because you don't like it and want to prove to people that it's bad. See also, I dunno, all those movies where some patriot commits terrorist actions to prove that terrorists are a real threat.

lmao so remind me again why Cuba is bad and unfree and the US is good and free 🙃
Why are you conditioning one statement upon the other?

Last edited:
The Texas Congressman who voted against certification (as well as voting against impeachment twice) did take action: they failed in their Constitutional duty. Let's put it this way: a police officer sees a man raping a woman. The officer does nothing because the rapist helped the officer get their job.

Love the comparison between Cuba and the US. Cubans make dangerous 90-mile trips are very open water to leave the Workers Paradise that is Cuba. And for some reason, they try to land in the US. One might ask recent immigrants from Cuba whether or not the US is as bad as Cuba.

Well, people decided that fleeing Cuba was worth their time and the government there stopped them. In Texas, my suspicion is that people are more than welcome to flee.

In fact, I think we could literally examine net migration between the two states and the laws preventing leaving. I'm not sure a black and white analysis is warranted.
Well, no, but don't pretend that there aren't people who do view it as black and white and exactly in the terms of Cuba = evil and Texas = good. Schlaufuchs is right to ask the question. But even by your own standards, you should probably question what it means to "flee" and indeed what it means to be allowed to flee. Are millions of incarcerated individuals "free" to leave America? For that matter, are certain millions "free" to leave America without having the "proper" documentation? What of people who have been human trafficked to America? You may be aware that America receives something on the order of 50,000-150,000 undocumented migrants every year. Of course even if trafficked these "lawbreakers" are not really free to move around in America, let alone leave on their own terms, first on account of being in chains and second on account of US law. There are at least 11 million people with this status in America.

And finally, as for Cuban law about fleeing and being stopped by the government - would you mind citing your evidence on this? Particularly, who was trying to flee, who was stopped, why, how, and with what international intrigue going on at the time? I believe that if you do so, we will have an opportunity to learn something about the Cuban revolution, and maybe even the condition of Cuba prior to the revolution. But if you do not, then you are unfortunately stubbornly abiding by old wisdom: old wisdom which instructs us to believe that Cuba is somehow "special" for having borders, regardless of the utter violence that Texas does on its border every f***ing day.

like obviously nobody asked for it or even remotely needs it but here is a summary . People suddenly discovered a thing that reminds the cadets in West Point that KKK was an official US Goverment office with an anti-Semitic guard duty . The direction ANY post-war Russia is still important . Contrary to self delusions , visible even around in this forum , woke stuff has no power to stop Nazism (in the US and elsewhere) and it was an offer that the US Goverment would be the leopard to change its spots . Nobody is believing that , as ever . So , it seems that thing still stands or was not deemed worthy enough to report if it was removed . Like nobody cares . But , yes , a leading A-K-P member has been "truly exposed" . He said the Republic of 1923 destroyed their way of thinking , language , religion whatever . It seems the guy's ancestry 120 or so years ago was entirely Armenian . Uncle Sam here tells us that A-K-P is not a party of Arabs (that will develop an agenda to kill all the out-in-the open or secret Jews in the long established way of concentration camps and gas chambers , alive on the internet in a reality show format) . But they are just Armenians who seek revenge by re-establishing the Ottoman Empire even if there was not a Republic of 1923 in 1915 . Even if with the newly passed laws this idea would immediately result in people sent to jail , even when the original revelation came from the so called national intelligence service . Oh come on , that was just an housing project that was lost !

translation : Threads with r16 posts can really turn into awkward stuff . Extra care needed in bringing them back .

Well, no, but don't pretend that there aren't people who do view it as black and white and exactly in the terms of Cuba = evil and Texas = good. Schlaufuchs is right to ask the question. But even by your own standards, you should probably question what it means to "flee" and indeed what it means to be allowed to flee. Are millions of incarcerated individuals "free" to leave America? For that matter, are certain millions "free" to leave America without having the "proper" documentation? What of people who have been human trafficked to America? You may be aware that America receives something on the order of 50,000-150,000 undocumented migrants every year. Of course even if trafficked these "lawbreakers" are not really free to move around in America, let alone leave on their own terms, first on account of being in chains and second on account of US law. There are at least 11 million people with this status in America.

And finally, as for Cuban law about fleeing and being stopped by the government - would you mind citing your evidence on this? Particularly, who was trying to flee, who was stopped, why, how, and with what international intrigue going on at the time? I believe that if you do so, we will have an opportunity to learn something about the Cuban revolution, and maybe even the condition of Cuba prior to the revolution. But if you do not, then you are unfortunately stubbornly abiding by old wisdom: old wisdom which instructs us to believe that Cuba is somehow "special" for having borders, regardless of the utter violence that Texas does on its border every f***ing day.
On this subject:

Vessel travelling north collides with Cuban coast guard ship near Bahía Honda, reports say​
A boat off northern Cuba travelling toward the United States sank Saturday after a collision with a Cuban coastguard ship and at least five people died, Cuban state media reported on Saturday.​
The craft reportedly flipped over after the crash near Bahía Honda, about two hours from the capital, Havana. Among the five known dead were a minor and three women, while 23 people were rescued, the Cubadebate report said.​
Further details were not released. Cuban officials told the state channel that an investigation was under way.​
The incident comes amid the biggest migratory flight from the Caribbean island in four decades, spurred by a deepening economic, political and energy crisis. The majority of Cubans leaving go by plane to Nicaragua, then travel overland to the US border, often in Texas and Arizona.​
But a growing number have fled by boat on the dangerous 90-mile (145km) journey to the southern coast of the United States. Between October 2021 and August 2022, the US Coast Guard intercepted more than 4,600 Cubans travelling by boat, almost six times more than in all of 2020.​
It is the largest exodus since 1980, when about 125,000 Cubans travelled by sea to the US over six months, an event known as the Mariel crisis.​

It's obviously Biden and the Dem's fault!

And your point there is…?

Kudos to you, reciprocal snark @Broken_Erika and personal disgust towards mayorkas, who would be comparable to himmler when employing godwin/commie hyperbole :)
You have lost me on the bolded part; please explain.

You have lost me on the bolded part; please explain.
I dont like mayorkas..... so i need to frame this in a fash-adjecent narrative

I dont like mayorkas..... so i need to frame this in a fash-adjecent narrative
I get that, but I do not get the Himmler connection. Are you saying that Mayorkas is another Himmler?

I think he's just doing a Gutfeld, i.e. trying to pretend he's joking about being a fascist when he's not actually joking.

As far as I gather from his positions, he's against the Cuban government, hence his upvoting my post without actually contributing anything to the debate, and also to the Biden administration, hence his drive-by posting against them. Maybe because Biden was part of Obama's government, which tried to thaw relations with Cuba a bit, or maybe just because Biden's not Trump, or maybe both, who knows?

Top Bottom