Text-Based MORPGS

R

Roberta Ricciardi

Why turn your brain into jelly watching someone else's graphics, when you can use your imagination by reading incredible text descriptions of things and envision how YOU want to see the world? I never understood the attraction to graphics games, tried them and just couldn't get into them. I don't mean the shoot-em-up types, I understand the adrenaline rush of those. I mean roleplaying games, where you're supposed to submerge yourself into a character's personality and "live" in a different world.

For text-based online multiplaying roleplay, I love Inferno.

Real roleplaying for real roleplayers. Excellent interaction between staff and players, HUGE website manual and in-game help system. PvP is limited but allowed as long as it's in-character and the "offending party" is given a chance to back out first. It's not a free mud, but I've never seen a free mud nearly as detailed or intricate. I've tried a bunch of other games including GemstoneIII, but this one can't be beat if you're a serious RPer who prefers text to graphics. Works perfectly with zmud, will work with all other front ends or telnet clients.
www.ke9.com is their homepage.

Desharei

Top Bottom