Text / XML help

Keeper_GFA

Prince
Hey Maniac, do you still need these:

* Put the SMAC voice quotes into a CIV4 XML text file

* Put the SMAX factions' base names into XML

Started with the v10b files and put all that stuff in there for you.

Attachments

• TextBlurbs.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 141
Thanks awesome! :goodjob:

Regarding the base names: to show the intended base name in the game, either the real base name should be entered directly into the CivilizationInfos file (for instance <SeaBase>Safe Haven</SeaBase>), or the text string should be added to TextCities.xml in the Assets/XML/Text folder. Would you be willing to do that?

Ah, now I see. Man they make a lot of extra work for themselves. Ok so for the sake of consistency, I did it the right way instead of the easy way. I guess if someone ever wants to translate the city names, now it will be easier for them.

I also took the punctuation out of the txt_key names since they're not necessary in there and I don't want to risk it being a problem. So here's the new Civinfo file and the citynames file.

Next? :)

Attachments

• CIV4CivilizationInfos.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 155
  • TextCities.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 144
Thanks awesome! :D

Nothing text-wise I can think of right now. There's the diplomacy dialogue, but I should first make some modifications to the SDK myself for that.

Then there's also the graphical requests for a Partisan and Drop Trooper screenshot, and the creation of building and tech buttons.

Then there's also the graphical requests for a Partisan and Drop Trooper screenshot, and the creation of building and tech buttons.

Sorry, no artistic talent to speak of here. :(

Have you looked at the threads I linked to? Taking a good screenshot does not require any artistic talent - just a better computer than I have. Likewise with the button creation: the thread has a step-by-step guide so that anyone, even someone without much prior GIMP experience or artistic talent such as me, can make the buttons.

Anyway, I found something else! Since you added those building quotes to the Text XML, I'm sure you would want them to show up in-game. :D To do so, you could take the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml and change the pedia tags wherever there already are VoiceQuote tags (not all buildings have them yet). Eg for the Aerospace Complex change TXT_KEY_BUILDING_BARRACKS_PEDIA to TXT_KEY_QUOTE_FAC29, as you can see the number 29 three lines above in VoiceQuote.

Since you added those building quotes to the Text XML, I'm sure you would want them to show up in-game. :D

I was wondering about that. :)

To do so, you could take the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml and change the pedia tags wherever there already are VoiceQuote tags (not all buildings have them yet). Eg for the Aerospace Complex change TXT_KEY_BUILDING_BARRACKS_PEDIA to TXT_KEY_QUOTE_FAC29, as you can see the number 29 three lines above in VoiceQuote.

Ok, done. A couple of weird ones though. Covert Ops Center = FAC340, Subsea Trunkline = FAC370. Do you know where the blurbs for the SMAX buildings are located?

Attachments

• CIV4BuildingInfos.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 133
Ok, done.

Thanks! :D

Do you know where the blurbs for the SMAX buildings are located?

Nowhere. :( Firaxis forgot to include them in the blurbsx.txt. However if you like, this means you can make history by being the first person in ten years who writes down what they're saying in those quotes. :D

(Another quote without a blurb written down is holographics.wav, for the record)

Top Bottom