TF2 (split from screenshots thread)

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
Going for the spy achivements eh? I only have one left, which is plop 1000 sappers onto 1000 engeenering buildings. I earned some of them outa pure luck :o.

I have a healthy selection of achievements for every class I'm aiming for. Most of the remaining ones are like the 'kill x people' or 'destroy y buildings' achievements. More time consuming that challenging really, but it's still fun to get them.

I only get enough achievements to get the weapons.

Then I'm out of there. I don't care about those. Thank goodness I don't have OCD, eh?

If you're good at getting headshots, the Ambassador is far superior. It's especially great at taking down pesky snipers or W+M1 Pyros on your tail.

I hate the ambassador, it is the 2nd most useless weapon, right behind the needlegun.

EDIT: Except it is good at close range, especially against snipers :p other than that is sucks, and the needlegun is still compeltely useless.

i find it quite effective against snipers who have the razorback, but in most other circumstances i think i prefer the standard revolver (to answer my own question :))

The needlegun has its uses. Mainly when whoever you were healing has just died and you need to run back to find someone else to heal. I'm not a fan of the flare gun as its only benefit is the shock factor whilst its useless against other pyros and in water.

The needlegun has its uses. Mainly when whoever you were healing has just died and you need to run back to find someone else to heal. I'm not a fan of the flare gun as its only benefit is the shock factor whilst its useless against other pyros and in water.

Compared to the Blutsauger, its worthless.

It sounds like I hear nothing but people complaining about how they're useless or worse than the originals all the time.

Its often down to how you play. I usually play as a Pyro and like trying to get close to the enemy and causing as much damage as quickly as possible so the backburner is good for me however it does mean that I can't push ubers away or rockets when the opportunities might arise. Overall I'm happy to lose that ability as its not often that I actually want to push the enemy away.

i love the flare gun. i spent all yesterday getting the achievement for it, and i am pro with it now. its really great for igniting people at range, especially if they are in a group. after you get the hang of it, it is pretty easy to aim. its gets a few kills/assists for me every match, but its real benefit is in the chaos it causes. when you ignite someone, they tend to immediately turn around and go running for a health pack. also its not actually bad against pyros. you know that situation (seems to happen to me a lot) where you see another pyro and you just charge towards each other? its normally a matter of luck, but with the flare gun you can tip the balance in your favour before the fight begins.

i love the flare gun. i spent all yesterday getting the achievement for it, and i am pro with it now. its really great for igniting people at range, especially if they are in a group. after you get the hang of it, it is pretty easy to aim. its gets a few kills/assists for me every match, but its real benefit is in the chaos it causes. when you ignite someone, they tend to immediately turn around and go running for a health pack. also its not actually bad against pyros. you know that situation (seems to happen to me a lot) where you see another pyro and you just charge towards each other? its normally a matter of luck, but with the flare gun you can tip the balance in your favour before the fight begins.

Ahhh... the times I've killed a pyro firing straight at me with a crit flare. :lol:

You could do better with the shotgun whilst running towards them though and generally in a Pyro battle it ends up being about who turns quickest and a nice slice of luck. A highlight for me was killing two pyros in quick succession without getting any health packs in between.

I guess it depends on the server however I've noticed that people didn't seem to panic as much as they used to. I did regularly use the flare gun on the fort map but eventually stopped using it because of the water issue and that a couple of times I had died in a shotgun verses flare gun fight.

I would like to reiterate my original point that its a matter of style as I feel that the Backburner plus shot gun provides the best balance for my style of play. I can certainly imagine that others would prefer an air blast plus flare gun combo or one of the other two

I would like to reiterate my original point that its a matter of style as I feel that the Backburner plus shot gun provides the best balance for my style of play. I can certainly imagine that others would prefer an air blast plus flare gun combo or one of the other two

yeah, i definetly agree. there are those who like to ambush, and the backburner plus shotgun is better for that. but then the air blast provides an element to pyro play that can be vital, so i tend to go with that. besides, i actually find it quite difficult to get back shots with the backburner. it seems like you have to be directly behind them as opposed to with a spy where you can knife nearly from the side.

Interestingly enough ive found that pyro's are very aggressive. its too easy to retreat and lure them into a teammate and double up on him/her. Of course, while retreating I still shotgun the little basterd.

Top Bottom