TH2 high seas archipeliago tropics emperor

Vassalizing 3 AIs in one set, excellent job Dave! :dance:

Babylon must have been scared to death of the Pirates if it capitulated with just two mediocre cities gone. Didn't expect Carthage to fall that quickly either, so well done.

Whosit has the honour of sailing of to the Dutch and anexate them and time permitting also the Turks. One or two sets and we can get TH3 rolling. :goodjob:

Indeed, I am also impressed with how quickly you got Babylon and Carthage to capitulate. Alright, let's see if I can manage to finish this up without royally screwing up. I'm up in another SG, too, but I should be able to play and report tonight or possibly tomorrow morning.

Ok, I should probably try and wrap this up before the 3rd round starts and earn my keep. :p

Since the majority is convinced that this is a mop-up, I'll try to keep my report brief.

That's when I notice that I probably forgot to download the save. Of course, but no big deal.

Inheritted turn: 1450 AD

I try to take stock of what we've got. It's a bunch of stuff.

I plan to hit Willem at Amsterdam (capital) and Utrecht (Confucian holy city) and see if that'll do it. Likewise, hopefully capturing two of Suleiman's core cities will be enough for a capitulation. And, like it matters, I drop EP points from our vassals.

I plan to spend the first several turns attempting to organize everything.

Turn 312 (1460 AD)

Make a silly deal with Hannibal, but he's our vassal, so meh (resource trade).

Turn 315 (1475 AD)

Loading up troops, shipping them around. Delaying DOW against Willem until I can hit all his major cities on the same turn.

Turn 318 (1490 AD)

I ignore a deal from the Ottomans because I'm pretty sure that we don't care at this point. DOW on Willem!

Spoiler :

He's got frickin' longbows. Ha ha ha. Ok, only had one frigate to bombard Utrecht, but meh. I won't give a play-by-play of the war, though I imagine that we'll lose a bunch of cannons. Or, not, they can't attack from the boats. Hmm. I land our troops because the amphibious odds look so bad. Probably :smoke: but we'll see if it matters.

Turn 319 (1495 AD)

Amsterdam falls, but I goofed on the landing spot by Utrect (troops had to cross a river to attack) so I moved them. The most that can be said for his capital defenses was that he had, um, a little bit of quantity. I sent cannons at him until there was no point and then ran him down with our ridiculously tricked-out Oromo's (innate first strikes plus Drill IV?).

Turn 320 (1500 AD)

Make a lopsided deal with Hammurabi 'cuz he's our vassal. Start a revolt in Utrect to drop defenses. :)

Utrecht is ours after a brief fight, gaining us the Kong Miao (granting a paltry 11 gold per turn) and the Sistine Chapel (meh at this point). Willem will talk now, so let's see what he's got to say. Oh, and I'll take some belated picture . . . .

Spoiler :

I suggest that Willem should consider an unconditional surrender . . . he happily accepts, becoming PIRATES' fourth vassal.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Will spend a couple turns organizing for the last blitz.

Um, get a Great Scientist? Bulb Physics 'cuz why not at this point?

Turn 321 (1505 AD)

We get Biology. It's a big deal.

Spoiler :

The naval stack is so large I can barely see the screen when it is selected . . . .

Turn 323 (1515 AD)

Ever wonder if the AI feels worried when they see the hammer? Smacked up the side of his head with a DOW!

Spoiler :

Turn 324 (1520 AD)

Suleiman sallies forth with a large stack of caravels and galleons. I'd be worried if I cared. I go ahead and sink most of 'em anyway, 'cuz there are more than enough cannons to finish bombarding Istanbul.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I laugh because it's funny. Some of our warships get banged up, but all win their duels.

Spoiler :

We've taken the capital, and Suleiman is willing to talk already. No units have been lost in any of the campaigning this set, by the way. I tell Suleiman to give us everything before he bursts something. He is now our final vassal.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I'll just hit "end turn" to get on with it.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Well, that was an amusing set. Thanks to everyone: It was only easy because of the army I was handed. I can hardly take credit for anything, anyway, as I was a late edition to the team.

I'll add a few screenshots of the stuff at the end. We wind up rated Augustus Caesar with a respectable (well, I think it's really good) score of 206,550.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I'll attach the final, post-victory save file because I understand that to be customary. I'll have the pics up in a bit, I just wanted the victory post to be up quickly.

Attachments

• PIRATES AD-1525.CivBeyondSwordSave
    323.2 KB · Views: 91
Or, not, they can't attack from the boats. Hmm. I land our troops because the amphibious odds look so bad. Probably but we'll see if it matters.

That was right, I find it best if you gather two or three loaded fleets off the coast of the target civ and land, not assault amphibiously.

Good job all. The next game will be tougher no doubt.

Good job everybody!

Whosit, I think by the way the custom is to post the save just before victory rather than after, so others can see the replay and all that... :)

Nice job Whosit, lets get started on TH3 :goodjob:

Er, re-reading the thread I realize that you guys wanted the Vikings for TH3 but I put together random leaders. Well, there are some good ones in there but I'm happy to make another set of starts.

Top Bottom