TH3 archipelago high seas tropics immortal

Check to see if we can bribe Joao into HR... if not, espionage...
Right now he won't.

We need more units... Barracks + Infantry/Artillery only... I want my armada damn it :lol:
20 of our 25 cities are producing artillery or infantry, hope that serves you for now... :) I'm not sure if we have barracks in all those place though :blush: The other 5 are basically the newest acquisitions that need some infra still.

I may be able to play a short set this afternoon, but I don't post anything, you won't hear from me until Monday.
Take your time. It will probably be a rather boring set, producing units... Don't forget the HE though! (sorry for insisting :))

So we're going to have a fight after all. I think we should bribe Joao into the war (as he's not friendly anymore) and maybe Genghis (to get him up to friendly as well, though I don't think we will get there in time, so it might be better to keep him out, so he won't vassal him).

For the war: More units, drop the whole bunch on the main island and start hacking at Monty.

Also: do we know if Monty has a fleet, and if yes, where is it?

Sorry for being quiet, guys, I think I may still be able to get it tonight, though I've been busier than expected.

Loki, are you saying that there is an espionage mission that can make people like us more? I'm not familiar with that, but tell me more if there is.

I expect that when I get to the set, I'll just be building up the troops and I'll be letting someone else do the warring.

*Edit: I don't think I'll be playing tonight, after all. I'm still just too tired, but hopefully I'll be more rested tomorrow. Sorry that I'm holding the game up.*

*sigh* It's been decided that tonight is "family night" or something, so I might play tomorrow morning. Sorry again.

Whosit Turn-set

OK, let's give this a try. I'm feelin' a bit rusty, so let's try to shake that off.

Inherited Turn 396, 1772 AD

Gonna take a look at our Empire, and see what's building where. Refrigeration is what's on the burner, but it seems like a good option to work on, what with the extra move for sea units. I figure that we should get to Combustion next, but we'll see. I'll play with the sliders until I decide how much cash to burn through.

I dial up Joao to see about Hereditary Rule. He won't switch back to it, so looks like I'll have to use Espionage. I'll figure that out in a bit. I'll also have to see about trading for some luxuries. Joao has dyes and hit singles. Dyes are more critical because they get a bonus from the Theatre. Justinian has Gems, which also get that forge bonus. I think I can give Joao our last stone (Justin is getting our other source), because I'm pretty sure we don't need that any more. Otherwise, we only have single health resources left. I'll look around to see if we can spare those or if I'll have to renegotiate trades.

As units are built/whipped, I'll double check to see if those towns have Barracks, and if not, put them in the queue.

Research: I can get Refrigeration in 8 turns instead of 14 by burning most of our cash. I really can't remember if we got all that money for any purpose aside from deficit spending. Let me play with the slider a bit . . . Gain an extra turn and spend about 100 gpt less, seems OK. Hmm, I'm going to opt for 10 turns and spend a little more than a quarter of our reserves. It's still faster than 50% research, but it'll leave some money behind in case we need to upgrade units or continue deficit spending for the next tech.

On the tech scene, Military Science and Railroad are offered by Hammy, and Qin has Military Tradition. All seem nice, but Railroad (as a pre-req for Combustion) and Military Tradition (for Cavalry) seem most desirable.

I could get Qin's Military Tradation and some gold for Steam Power, but it would take Mass Media and Assembly Line for Hammy's techs (even for just one). I might sit on this for a turn or two. My inclination is to trade, but Hammy would be getting more out of the deal than we would, at least immediately.

Regarding Joao, there are a few towns that we have enough EP to spend on an espionage mission. I think I'll get two spies ready, ship them to the cheapest town, and have them wait until they get the 50% off on the mission, and let 'em go.

OK, gonna try to fly through the towns and see what's up. Our capital is still the usual cesspit of unhealthiness.

Haithabu is working on an Artillery, but has no Barracks. I can slot one in for 4 turns, even without the whip. Do so. I can whip it for 1 pop. Yeah, sure, screw overflow efficiency.

Bjorgvin also lacks a barracks, but it's so hopeless up there that it really doesn't matter.

Put in a 2 turn barracks at Ribe.

Will squeeze in a 3-turn Barracks at Vasteras before the Infantry finishes. This place needs a Theatre or something, though, 'cuz there are 3 angry people. Could use the extra work force, I think.

Kaupang also needs a Barracks, but I'll try to wait until the town's just about to grow to whip it in ahead of the Infantry.

Whip a barracks into Aryan. It should grow back.

Whip 1-pop barracks at Illinois. Whee.

OK, so, after looking at stuff, we probably can't afford to give away health resources, as most of our bigger towns are at or neare the limit. Lemme see if I can do anything with trades. Lemme play with the crab trade to Joao. Maybe I can get the Dye and the money, too. Yes, excellent. I offer the crabs along with the stone, and get the Dye and all his gpt (which is actually 2 more than we had before). The only thing we lose out on is the double production speed for Mt. Rushmore. Oh well.

And, for good measure, let's see if I can beg any gold away from people who like us.
Qin: No
Asoka: 120 gold.
Justin: 40 gold.
Hammy: 60 gold.
Joao: No. Guess we hit our limit with the last trade, he won't part with his measly 20.
Total: 220 gold. Eh, that's about 2 turns of research at our current pace.

I'm agonizing over the tech trades, but I'll take a look at it next turn.

Turn 387, 1774 AD

Nidaros: Artillery < Spy (1 turn)
Uppsala: Infantry < Infantry (27 turns)
Sigtuna: Infantry < Barracks (15 turns)
Lindholm: Infantry < Infantry (15 turns)
Aarhus: Infantry < Barracks (31 turns)
Lund: Infantry . . . . You know what? Let's just say that I put in a Barracks anywhere that needs it (to be whipped sooner or later) and build whatever the town built last.

Workshops ahoy, it seems. I'm kinda sad to see our fully grown Towns get torn down, but . . . .

I'm trying to figure out where all these boats are supposed to be going . . . . It seems like most of the infrastructure changes are in place, so I'm not sure where to ship all these workers or if I should be deleting them. I might just store some on islands, I guess. Not the best choice, I'm sure. I'm also fortifying all built troops where they are, though maybe I'll start a rally point somewhere?

Potential trade parters got more gold this turn. I'll wait one more to see if it goes up any more. Let's hope. I really feel like I just need some "whack enter" turns.

Turn 398, 1776 AD

One Spy, Two Spy (on the way).

No more gold for traders, so I'm gonna do some tech trades. Since Asoka just got steam power, I feel like trading it to Qin. Arg, shoulda traded last turn, 'cuz now he won't pay in full. Oh well. I only get half his cash now (145 gold) in addition to Military Tradition and his Map.

*Sigh* Hammy is also being more obstinate. Looks like I should have traded with him earlier, too. I pass on trading with him for now because Mass Media and Assembly Line for Railroad only seems like a bad deal at the moment.

Turn 399, 1778 AD

I'll keep building Infantry now. Next player can decide if we want to throw some Cavalry into the mix.

Argh, the bad wedding event gives us a -1 with Joao. Doesn't really make a difference, but still. Oh, and Portugal has the first annual Earth Day.

I decide to embed the Great General into Nidaros after all. Since I didn't end up getting the tech for Academies, and because we're not running any civics that grant bonus EXP, it seems like the best option at the moment.

Santarem is the cheapest place to do espionage vs. Joao (it's in the middle of our territory) so I send our boatload of spies there.

Will do a round of looking for what can be whipped. It looks like our towns will be in perpetual whip-unhappiness?

Turn 400, 1780 AD

Secretary-General elections come up. Vote for us.

I spot a Joao destroyer. Probably won't be fighting him, but it makes me nervous.

Turn 401, 1782 AD

Bede examines the cultural strength of the world's nations: We're Pathetic, while Qin is Glorious. Even Monty is higher than us. :lol:

The results of the election are disheartening. Justinian has won the vote. Joao voted for Justin, as did Khan.

2-pop whip an Artillery in Haithabu. Wasn't sure if I should wait for 1-pop whips or not. Do a bit more whipping here and there.

Turn 402, 1784 AD

I will attempt to renegotiate the sugar deal with Justin. I squeeze an extra 3 gpt out of it, but nothing else.

Turn 403, 1786 AD

Hrm, Hammy is asking for Mass Media. Looking at the diplo numbers, I think I can afford to say "no." Let's see . . . Yeah.

Turn 404, 1788 AD

Monty still has a bunch of transport boats in Texoco and Tenochtitlan.
A little more whipping.

Turn 405, 1790 AD

I notice theat Monty has put a fleet of Galleons to sea. I will tail them.

And, I think our spies are "ripe," so I try to influence Joao. The mission was successful, but the spy was caught. Joao adopts Hereditary rule. Heh. "Well, we caught one of your scummy agents mucking around in our outlying town, but you know what? Being King does sound like a good idea!"

I'll leave the other spy there in case someone has a better idea for it, but I'll send a galleon next to the town for quick pick-up if need be. Remaining spy DOES have 50% discount, by the way.

Turn 406, 1792 AD

Joao is official Friendly again. If I had realized the elections were coming up, I would have been in a bigger hurry to do that spy mission, even without full discount. Sorry guys.

Joao offers a defensive pact. Erm . . . no.

Refrigeration is in. Slotting in Rocketry as placeholder only.

I'm stopping here. It's only been half a set, but I don't have time to play 10 more turns, not sure that I'd play them well, and not sure when I'd get around to it. Soooo . . . . hopefully the next person won't mind picking it up.

Annnnnnd . . . . just now realized that I forgot the Heroic Epic! Oops . . . .

Attachments

• THOR AD-1792.CivBeyondSwordSave
    458.3 KB · Views: 75
Bummer that Joao voted for Justinian. Hope he won't force some unwanted civic on us and/or others. Anyway, good that Joao is back to friendly. We'll have to wait until next elections first though.

I think next player should start scraping all our offensive units together and sail off to Aztecia... We have 23 infantry and 8 artillery now and whatever more comes by while picking up all those units. That must be sufficient for a major blow to Monty. He's still quite backward as well (not so surprisingly), so we'll just face rifles. And the more friends want to join the war, the merrier!

edit: Just checked, quite some more units are whippable right now as well...

Units should have been assembled onto galleons whosit, but that is okay.

Workers should be workshopping/farming to max out production EVERYWHERE, if that is done, road everything, when that is done, forts on all non bfc squares.

Combustion as next tech goal is fine, we need to whip more siege, 8 artillery is a little low, but 23 infantry is fine, we should send what we have and go smash monty.

Do we even have non-bfc land tiles?

Roster:
nocho
Whosit - just played
Dave - permaskip
Loki - up
Sengir

Let's hope Justinian doesn't put any annoying resolutions on the table.

Yeah, I should have gathered the units. Dunno what was wrong with me.

Tho' regarding the whipping of troops, was I suppose to whip them as soon as I could, even if it was a 3, 4, or 5-pop whip?

Make sure to keep an eye on Monty's fleet. It was sailing out of his capital. Maybe he'll go to war with someone that's not us.

Whip them after a turn of production into them provided we aren't whipping off resource tiles/city is producing insane hammers. 3/4/5 pop whip is fine as long as you have invested a turn of hammers into it to get rid of the same turn whip penalty provided you follow above tile rules.

Noooooo!! Lokiiiiiiii!!! First Dave, now you? How will we ever manage without the master of logistics? Or, at least, master of whipping people to death. Take whichever you prefer.

Anyway, hope your summer will be fun, despite the distinct lack of Civilization (IV).

Master of coordinated whipping sounds good... Don't underestimate yourselves :p a lot of you guys micro a lot better than I do, just keep in mind your goal and make sure that all your actions contribute directly to your goal.

I expect to come back to at least THV or THVI... save me a spot :p

Played through end, after Monty's cap win was assured... however we didn't control AP so I spared you guys pressing enter 30 times till vote came up (Just controlled UN?!)... other than that you wouldn't have done anything so I hope its okay, all cities built wealth for the time period and I just boosted score.

I played 17 turns, and pressed enter for another 30ish :p

Save on turn before win or on win, idk its an autosave is attached

Gist of report, traded some tech for industrialism + combustion as biggies, no land based oil, researched plastics-fission, Assembled armada + capped Monty in 17 turns, Justy controlled UN and we couldn't attack anyone without pissing off our friends/dying (Justy too powerful) so I set all cities on wealth, and whacked enter a lot.... Justy passed a bunch of Nuke Banning, mandatory emancipation (meh we needed to grow to milk score, no more need for whip so I voted yes), extra trade route, and finally we got elected.

THOR WINSSSSSSS

Score

Lots of pictures so full report spoilered

Spoiler :

Some Trades I saw that would help... allows marines, no land oil harumph (built some, never got to use tho :( )

<3 whip anger

Armada assembling

Trade with QSH I had switched research to plastics as we had no land oil + AI's love rocketry as this shows...

Good enough to kill Monty I guess

We capture capital... Buddhist shrine worth 14 gpt, AP worth nothing we have mass media, might as well give back when we capitulate him

Monty surrenders

Gift city back, if we don't it will revolt/w/e, will be bigger more useful in Monty's hands

enough votes to win at last!

Resources with monty

Have fun Monty

I'd rather win the game, thanks

Giant stack for Genghis + Asoka please??? moar blooddddd note the workers from Montezuma

If we declare on Genghis + Asoka we will get minus two and Hammy won't be friendly and won't vote for us.... so we just sit here with our giant stack and don't declare

Get back in there Joao

Prophet used with scientist for GA

Fission

Peace on Earth

THOR WINSSSSSSS

Score

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1859.CivBeyondSwordSave
    488.2 KB · Views: 60
Nice win there, a bit later than we all hoped, but that's just 'cuz guys like Monty didn't get with the program. Ha ha. Too bad we never managed to get land-based oil, but at least we had a few sea-based sources, but it sounds like it all turned out just fine.

I'm almost surprised we pulled this off, considering the crap little islands we had during this game. :lol: Anyway, Huzzahs all around! :high5: :trophy:

Great job finishing this off! :goodjob: Congratulations to all for an immortal win!

I expect to come back to at least THV or THVI... save me a spot :p

Well, TH4 is supposed to be deity, so what should TH5 be? Deity OCC? And TH6 Deity OCC AW? :lol:

And how do you feel about starting TH4, Sengir, Whosit? Obviously with Loki and Dave unavailable for a looong time we'd have to find other players. Or we can wait till after summer, so that we at least have Loki back on board.

Top Bottom