1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank You, from Firaxis!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by FXS_Anton, May 6, 2021.

1. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Sadly, you'll have to soldier through the carpal tunnel and like every single post here. :p

2. TreVor_ish

TreVor_ish Warlord

I think they all deserve it. Every one of them.

3. Buktu

Buktu Prince

Thanks to all of you! Its nice to see you around here. Personally I want to thank you for creating one of my favourite games of all time! Thousands of hours of entertainment that were not possible without you. I hope you keep up the good work and I am really looking forward for your next releases weather it is new content for Civ 6or a new game.

4. Duke William of Normandy

#CarpalTunnelGang

5. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Me reading this thread: :D

6. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

Such an awesome way to reach out to us. Thanks so much Fireaxis Team for making such a wonderful game. After 2050h on CIV V and 2650h on CIV 6, and having no idea how much I put on 2,3 and 4, I believe I can say that I always got more than my money's worth with this game. No matter how we sometimes whine about this and that about the game, we just love it, and seeing this thread today was an unexpected but so very much appreciated surprise. Developing the NFP experience during a worldwide pandemic must have been quite a difficult feat to achieve on your side; I have a good idea, being an IT professional myself, how complicated it must have been to coordinate everything; That you managed to bring all of us hundred of hours of new gameplay pleasure, countless hours of discussions here on the board to comment, express our likings (and mostly dislikings :lol:) of the new features. It's a fantastic achievement, of which you should all feel very proud.

Sincerely can't wait to hear about what you have next in store for us. Thx again to all of you !

7. rastak

rastak Emperor

Thanks guys for creating such a great line of games. I was so very excited for the game Civilization when I saw it advertised as an upcoming title in a gaming magazine. I pestered the poor game store with weekly calls in 1991 asking about a release date and once I had that info I called every single day asking if my reserved copy was in yet. One fine Sunday the answer was finally yes. I played all day and alot of the night despite having to work at 6am Monday. I've bought and played every version and expansion and spinoff ever since.

Thanks to Sid for creating the original and thanks to Firaxis for everything since. From Brian to Soren to Jon to Ed and all the people involved. Really I'm the one to be thanking you! Here's to future versions, cheers!

8. ShiroToraRyu

ShiroToraRyu Hoping for Civ 7

Simply Thank you FXS for creating my personally favourite game ever, for the wonderful hours i spend playing it, for all the things i learnt as a modder because of Civ6, and as Gedemon said, we hope that you will continue to develop future Civ games with modders in mind :)

9. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

What a nice thread! :D

Alexadamz, Kimiimaro, Padma and 9 others like this.
  10. Duke William of Normandy

Indeed. Quite possibly the most wholesome echo chamber of kindness and positivity I have been a part of, lol. :lol:

11. Alaindor

Alaindor Warlord

Thank you for this great thread, and for such a great, engaging game. Very nice to reach out to your fans like this, appreciate it. Keep up the good work!

12. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Now, that was unexpected.
    Thanks guys :D.

13. FXS_Grant

FXS_Grant Chieftain

Thank you so much Civ Fans! We wouldn’t be here without you. I’m Grant, and have been a senior animator on Civ 6 and Gathering Storm, and lead on Rise & Fall and New Frontier Pass and BE: Rising Tide. Firaxis has become family for me these past 7 years, and you all are a part of it!

The best part is hearing how much you enjoy our games. One highlight was receiving kudos from fans as far away as New Zealand who enjoyed my work on Kupe. You all are the best and you give me the encouragement to keep making better content.

14. Buckets

Buckets Warlord

My son and I sat down to play a bit together and he chose Alexander because of the look him and his armour in particular. The next day he found a book in his school reading list about Alexander the great and was excited to tell me about it.

Thank you all.

OzzyKP, Alexadamz, Kimiimaro and 21 others like this.
  15. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

That was love bombing :love:

16. Duke William of Normandy

Reminds me of how I first got into history as well. :love: Civ 6 truly introduced a love of the history of the world for me, which is why I will say this again: Thank you everyone who worked on Civ 6.

ONE MORE TURN!

17. konokoni

konokoni Chieftain

Thanks, Firaxis Team! Appreciate all your hard work & I am looking forward to what comes next! In the meantime, I'll be taking One More Turn... :)

18. Solver

Solver Mohawk Games Designer

Thanks, Firaxis!

Civ6 is a great game, and as I'm very fortunate to have gotten to know some of you personally, you're an amazing team. Looking forward to seeing what's next for Civ and the studio!

OzzyKP, Alexadamz, Kimiimaro and 9 others like this.
  19. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

The whole Civ franchise has been like that for me. In high school, I absolutely despised History classes. But in the summer between high school and college, my cousin introduced me to Civ 1 and I suddenly gained an interest in learning about past cultures.

20. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Prince

Thanks Firaxis! You are a great team, company and individuals!