Thank You, from Firaxis!

Thank you firaxis for this thread and making the great game that is civ6. Your passion shines through.

Thanks all for your hard work over the last five years of Civ 6!

I started playing with Civ 4, and over the years I’ve spent countless hours alone, with friends and online playing, modding, discussing and enjoying all that Sid Meier’s Civilization has to offer.

Civ 6 is my favourite instalment of the series so far. Civ 4 has a special place in my heart, but I have hardly been back to play 4 or 5 since the 6th instalment launched. Nothing is ever perfect, and we may complain and argue about this game but that is because it means a lot to us and we want it to be everything it can be.

Civ is special. And that, ultimately is down to the hard work and passion of the developers in making such great games. So thank you, and here’s to the future of Civ!

Glad for the video you posted as well. :D

(Sid Meier Cameo at the end!!!)

In the video, they still keep saying "the end of NFP" and stuff like that. They haven't said "no more Civ VI", but rather "keep giving us feedback". I guess that leaves me hopeful for at least 1-2 bug fix and balance patches before they call it quits and move on.

In the video, they still keep saying "the end of NFP" and stuff like that. They haven't said "no more Civ VI", but rather "keep giving us feedback". I guess that leaves me hopeful for at least 1-2 bug fix and balance patches before they call it quits and move on.
Nothing with the scale of the April Update, I am sure of, but some small bug patches here and there, then and now would be duly appreciated.

Necessary for some of these bugs, appreciated for all balance changes!

Hi civ fans!!!

What an amazing ride it’s been! I’m so proud to have gotten my start in production with Civilization VI, and I always have had wonderful experiences meeting and chatting with fans, either over on Twitter or out in the wild. Y’all really are an incredible community.

Thanks for going easy on my pronunciation in the first look videos. I promise I did my best!

-“First Look Lady” Sarah

Hi civ fans!!!

What an amazing ride it’s been! I’m so proud to have gotten my start in production with Civilization VI, and I always have had wonderful experiences meeting and chatting with fans, either over on Twitter or out in the wild. Y’all really are an incredible community.

Thanks for going easy on my pronunciation in the first look videos. I promise I did my best!

-“First Look Lady” Sarah

Doing the voiceover for 56 First Look videos is no mean feat! Thanks for all your hard work!

What I mostly noted was that it was never "look out for more civ6" but rather "look out for more civ franchise". A bug fix patch is not unlikely, but content or balance seems very unlikely to me now.

What I mostly noted was that it was never "look out for more civ6" but rather "look out for more civ franchise". A bug fix patch is not unlikely, but content or balance seems very unlikely to me now.

That's fine with me. Truly, I'd be happy with a patch or two to fix the outstanding bugs (e.g. corporations mode breaking the AI's desire to improve luxuries) and a DLL release so that the community can take over while Firaxis works on the next game.

Well now I am super emotional first thing on a Saturday morning

Thanks for all the work you've done since I started playing Civ 1 30 years ago. I put civ 6 along with civ 3 as my joint favourites. NFP has been seriously good, for two reasons: (a) having something to look forward to on a monthly basis; and (b) much more imaginative and distinctive new civ characteristics (I particularly love Vietnam: the first civ to make me like jungle!).

Two particular requests (I'm sure not everyone will agree!): (1) drop GDRs; they make fighting imbalanced, being SO much more powerful than anything else, and realistically prevent any combined-arms fighting on huge maps; (2) please keep historic, don't go down the fantasy route.

Many thanks.

Top Bottom