Thank You, from Firaxis!

Thank you @firaxis for working so hard to deliver a good game :)

I still consider civ 4 & smac your proudest achievement, but making games is an art & no game is perfect.

Just one bit of feedback: Sometimes less is more & sometimes 10 well designed rules are better than a 100.

civ5hours.png civ6hours.png
Thank you to the Firaxis team for developing my favourite game series!

I think I've logged more time in these games than 99.9% of CivFanatics (see attached screenshots ... 11456 hours Civ 5, 8262 hours Civ 6 ... value per hour played has certainly been phenomenal!

Two favours to ask of the dev team:

1. No more inflation scaling in future releases of Civ... my biggest gripe about Civ 6, and something I've had to mod myself to make the game enjoyable.
2. Make me a tester when you begin work on Civ 7. Look at my hours played, you'll get a lot of testing time out of me!

Hey there, Firaxis team. Absolutely love the game, but was wondering if you could look into fixing a bug related to AI civs not upgrading their resource tiles-especially luxuries. Thanks in advance. You guys definitely ROCK!!!!

View attachment 596639 View attachment 596640
Thank you to the Firaxis team for developing my favourite game series!

I think I've logged more time in these games than 99.9% of CivFanatics (see attached screenshots ... 11456 hours Civ 5, 8262 hours Civ 6 ... value per hour played has certainly been phenomenal!

Wow. If you played 8 hours a day, every day, that’d be 6.75 YEARS straight of Civ. Just of 5 and 6. Whew...

Some more math. It has been about 93,360 hours since Civ5 came out. You've played 19,719 hours since then, which is 21% of your life since September 2010. An average of 5 hours a day for 10 and a half years straight.

Last edited:
Wow. If you played 8 hours a day, every day, that’d be 6.75 YEARS straight of Civ. Just of 5 and 6. Whew...

Some more math. It has been about 93,360 hours since Civ5 came out. You've played 19,719 hours since then, which is 21% of your life since September 2010. An average of 5 hours a day for 10 and a half years straight.
You make it sound like that's a bad thing.

I bought this game recently and after playing a bit, I bought all the expansions and the New Frontier Pass.

Now, I think the game is great, but I found it really badly lacking in one aspect, and that is the AI.

You guys took a positive step towards this by improving the Naval AI but the AI's general decision-making abilities both generally and in land wars still lack severely.

Please give us one more update to fix this and make the AI more competitive and fun to play with. You would delight me and a lot of others, I'm sure.

Sorry if this post is intrusive guys. I think it's really awesome that you guys posted here like this, but I was just hoping it would be okay to put this request here as well. I really want to see the AI improved. :(

Last edited:
Well done to the makers for figuring out how to thread the needle between old and new, min and max, and everything in between.

And thanks to as well to the community here for being you. Just as amazing as the developers ability to deliver an interesting iteration each time is this communities ability to refresh and revitalize me whenever interest begins to wane.

As far as wishlist...if you can figure out how to solve the mid game doldrums you'd again have me easily in the 2k(hrs) club. Feels like we're in for another iteration for the balanced planners, but at least give us a mode that has the ability to change the world order in the mid game.

...and AI. More variation and extremes in their gameplay. As much as possible make the AI the limiting factor to expansion vs build times.

I'll just say I'm a huge fan, I've been with this series for like 2 decades. It's gotten me through a lot of hard times, so you are doing good work.

Above all the gameplay stuff, I hope that future iterations of Civ continue to have strong performance. We can talk in circles about gameplay all the time, but compared to competitors Civ still has the best performance. It's a big competitive advantage to me. So I hope that is something you guys keep in mind, I don't see myself every getting a high end gaming computer, and my guess is that the type of people who play Civ aren't the kind of people who are getting gaming computers to run Crysis or whatever on the highest settings.

I have played and thoroughly enjoyed all versions of Civ, including Alpha Centauri, and even the pre-cursor Empire (which I realize is not Sid Meier's, but was apparently an inspiration).

Thank you Firaxis for keeping Civ VI fresh with significant updates and improvements. Looking forward to the next Civilization - hopefully there will be "one more version" !

Civ1.jpg

That's awesome. Firaxis and the sid Meier series all have been great. From microprose to firaxis, civilization has been entertaining throughout all these years. I used to play civ1 on SNES and still can and civilization 2 at the library used to take up hours of my time. Until I grew up and downloaded it from a friend from church. I also grew up more and bought civilization 4 new when it came out. I couldn't stop playing except when I had to go to work or school. I've been with civilization recently such as 5 or 6.

I have played and thoroughly enjoyed all versions of Civ, including Alpha Centauri, and even the pre-cursor Empire (which I realize is not Sid Meier's, but was apparently an inspiration).

Thank you Firaxis for keeping Civ VI fresh with significant updates and improvements. Looking forward to the next Civilization - hopefully there will be "one more version" !

View attachment 601651

Daaaamn, Yes. Empire was an awesome game and a precursor to Civ. I remember many sleepless nights hot-seating with a friend. Then Civ came out and we just swapped over to that.

Thank you so much for joining me and all of the phenomenal musicians on the soundtrack as we’ve explored so many of the amazing musical traditions of the world. Your support, enthusiasm, and deep interest in the music for each civ has been a continual encouragement as we’ve worked on the music for each civ. Thank you for leaving the music on and being open to hearing the richly diverse music of the world!

No, no, no - thankyou for creating such an incredible soundtrack. One that is not just for playing the game, but is my background companion when I am studying, revising and writing assignments.

Despite its flaws and some soul crushing bugs - Culture Industry policy card I am looking at you :cringe: and please fix it as it has already costed me 3 games:gripe:- I absolutely am in love with this game. The Switch might not be the best platform to play the game but it's the platform I choose and it works well enough for me, kudos for the UI by the way.
Can't see a CIV VII without the district mechanic, I think that feature is truly a game changer that must be kept in future games.
Unpopular opinion, maybe, but I love the aesthetic chosen for the game, the somewhat realistic and somewhat cartoonish look of leaders, military and civilian units really works for me. I also like the vibrant colour palette used.
Thank you Firaxis!

Thank you Firaxis for a wonderful Civ VI! I've been playing Civ since the very beginning. I think I bought my copy about a month after it came out. I played the Civilization board game for about 4 years before that and was so excited to see a computer game about Civilization when it came out in 1991. I've likely put tens of thousands of hours into playing this franchise. It's been a major part of my hobby life, that's for sure.

Excited to see what you have in store for us. Hopefully a Civ VI spinoff and then Civ VII.

Also, hoping a few bugs introduced by NFP could be fixed. Plus any more help to the modders that you can give. That would be the cherry on top. :love:

Top Bottom