Thank you Strategy and Tips!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Cornhog, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Cornhog

Cornhog Warlord

Hey, longtime lurker, infrequent poster here, and I wanted to give a big shout out and thanks to the Strategy and Tips section. I've been trying to win faster scientific victories, but I got tired of just missing it on Immortal. So I said, what the hell and cranked it up to deity... and I managed to get my first sub-300 science win and my first deity win at the same time! Granted I was Babylon and I got ridiculous start (managed to get seven plains salts in my territory) but still! Wooo-hoo. I couldn't have done it without all the helpful guides, LPs, and threads in this section. I could single a few people out but really, if you post here, you helped. This community is collectively awesome!

Thank you very much guys!

2. consentient

consentient Domination!

Like you I found it very useful, and especially going to Deity was a good learning curve. I'm glad you've found it useful. Sub-300 science on your first Deity win is pretty good going so I think you're in decent shape :)

3. Nigel_Tufnel2

Nigel_Tufnel2 King

Excellent! I lurked here forever myself.

4. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

There's nothing I could add honestly. I struggled on Emperor myself back in the day :lol: