Thank you.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Mujadaddy, Oct 27, 2005.

1. DrXenos

DrXenos Chieftain

Awesome, simply awesome. I'm thinking about buying another copy for my daughter for Christmas!

2. zeise

zeise Lord Emperor

So great i dont believe i considered holding off buying, it not only runs great on my machine but after installing it the comupter found my network card, maybe coincidence by i couldn't get it for 2 weeks.

3. Tarascan_King

Tarascan_King Chieftain

In case you haven't noticed CHUCK, this is a Thank You thread, so put your negative crap in some other post.

Thank You Firaxis, once again on putting out a fantastic game.

4. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

I can't believe I actually made a point of not buying it (I lasted 2 days, civ must have infused itself with my soul).

Very good, genuinely feel like there's progress while containing the old characteristics of civ I loved. :goodjob:

5. neriana

neriana Warlord

It's a great game, but it's not perfect. There are actually many things about it that drive me nuts, the lack of female leaders topping the list. I made my own list of leaders to add though, now I just have to wade through tons and tons of xml... Of course, once I figure out how to do THAT, there are all sorts of civs I want to add too. Hopefully a better interface for modding will come out soon.

But this game is definitely worth spending a lot of time modding, because the base is so awesome.

6. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

Everyone has their own pet peeves, but it did make me giggle that, among the bug reports, gameplay issues, sheer annoyance factors that everyone has for the game, your issue is a simple 'not enough female leaders' problem.

I'll admit though, I was kinda hoping we would see a revert back to the 'male-female' choice of Civ2 leaders :)

7. blue3c

blue3c Warlord

Yes your right. I want it to work:mad:

8. mweather

mweather Chieftain

That might have something to do with the lack of female leaders in the real world.

9. fung3

fung3 Warlord

Nice one lads, really great game.

10. TyranusBonehead

TyranusBonehead Bound & Determined

It's pretty dang close to perfect.

Bump! :bump:

11. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Chieftain

The game is NOT perfect. Honestly, what kicks do you get from being Big Business Defending Fan Whores? Companies like Take2 will come here, see the game is 'perfect' and move their development teams onto new ventures.

It will act as legitmacy for the horrible timetable given to the developers that ensured the game would be devoid of many features and suffer from show-stopping bugs.

It's a GOOD game. A patch may make it a GREAT game. It is not PERFECT. Perfect games do not have massive hardware compatability problems straight out the box, for example.

12. blue3c

blue3c Warlord

oh but you are in the wrong thread. This is the bow down and kiss feet thread. Not the I want to tell you the truth about the game thread.

I would however like to thank all the hardworking people at firaxis and take2. Without them I would never have this perfectly good $50.00 paperwieght. Thanks guys.

13. Uty

Uty I hate you, Milkman Dan

Truth is perception, if the game works on your box and you enjoy it .. obviously it's a good game. (I have been accidentally playing until 3 am.) If it doesn't work on your computer and this frustrates you, then yes, it's clearly a bad game.

Don't expect someone to change their opinion based on your experience.

14. smarpoe

smarpoe Unfriendly neighbor

I have to agree with you. It's a GOOD game. Took me 2 weeks to finally get it running on my pc but, it's a good game. Much better than CIV 3, IMO. I just hope the much needed patch helps others that can't play, yet. I'm seeing that the patience level is running very thin and it's ashame to make these "civ fanatics" wait.

15. CrackityJones

CrackityJones Chieftain

I had to fix some bugs to play it, but with a 2 year old laptop that was never high end, that's pretty much standard for new games. The bugs were fixed relatively quickly, and now that I'm running it at high speed, I have to say:

Perfect.

Bugs are unavoidable this soon after release; fixes have already been posted for the vast majority of them; and we all know it won't be long before a patch solves the problems even more efficiently. Until then, let's evaluate the gameplay and design, which is:

Perfect.

(I do feel absolutely awful for people with ongoing compatibility problems. Frustrating as hell to not be able to play, especially when the game is so . . . perfect.)

16. blue3c

blue3c Warlord

"ongoing compatibility problems"......
    PLEASE.
    gameplay maybe good, but the design and lang is its downfall. The design to work with ati card... oh wait, no so much.
    they designed to work with min req... oh wait no so much
    they designed to work with rec req... oh wait no so much
    A for effort, F for final grade. Maybe a patch will raise that grade, yet with no communications we have no idea if they even care enough to put one out.

17. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

Why shouldn't they?

18. blue3c

blue3c Warlord

Good question, better question is why haven't they.:eek:

19. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

Perhaps because any information they give out is likely to be twisted and they risk people getting at their throats for a couple of reasons?

Anyway, I doubt that a simple "We are working on it" would really satisfy you. In the end it's a matter of whether you trust Firaxis to fix and improve their software or not. If you do, then official statements are not necessary for you, because they are just stating the obvious. If you don't, then official statements are unlikely to satisfy you, because why should you believe in them? (I've seen developers promising patches and then leaving their fans with a half-assed effort that barely fixed anything, happened not long ago.)

I trust Firaxis, based in my previous experience with them. That's why I bought the game on release. If I don't trust a company, I'd never buy a game from them for full price without playing a demo first.

20. golfnchew

golfnchew Chieftain

Up until 5am last night attempting to bring the mischievous Mongols into the folds of my Incan Empire like the Mali before them.

Amazing game.

Thanks.