1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you :)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Procifica, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Procifica

Procifica ACW Scenario Creator

I'd like to thank Thunderfall and all of the moderators for a very well-run forum site that is very user friendly, easy to access, and a place where the moderators are overseers and not greedy powerful warmonger types who feel they can break the rules. :) I've had bad experiences on other forum sites and chat sites, but this one is the best I've ever been a member of. Thank you again.

Moderators: if this thread is not apporpriate for this forum (I feel it is, but I'm not the judge), please move it or delete it as needed.

2. Knight-Dragon

Knight-Dragon Unhidden Dragon Retired Moderator

You're welcomed... :p

Wow, someone with 1000+ posts and this is the first time I actually see one of his posts... :eek:

3. Eklektikos

Eklektikos Eponymous

and all acquired in just under 3 months... scary :eek:

4. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Must be one of those Civ 3 posters...

5. Knight-Dragon

Knight-Dragon Unhidden Dragon Retired Moderator

Correction, one of those Civ3 C&C posters... :) I hang around the Civ3 GD sometimes, but don't recall seeing him (or her) there...

6. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

So do I, and I don't remember seeing any of Procifica's posts either...:eek: :confused:

7. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator Supporter

8. Alcibiaties of Athenae

Alcibiaties of Athenae Imperator

We need to be more despotic.

9. Eklektikos

Eklektikos Eponymous

Would that imply several days of anarchy until the government change takes place? :mischief:

10. cracker

cracker Gil Favor's Sidekick

If you look at any given map at any given time it is rare to find all the localized civilizations in anarchy at the same time.

I feel safe in saying that some of our forums have the religious trait and anarchy never lasts for more than a turn in those forums. On the counter side to that, we do have some forums that seem to regularly spend 6 or 8 turns in anarchy to transition from Democracy to Democracy or from Communism to Despotism and back again.

Some forums also suffer from war weariness and poor worker task assignment and there is evidence that micromanaging the the Queues can result in improved results compared to letting things be run by the self appointed governors who may not make decisions with the big picture, long term strategy in mind. ;)

11. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Yes Procifica can be mainly found in the Completed Screnio's section. He made a American Civil War Screnio over there that has done extremely good.

I planned on doing some map testing and experimenting with powerbar on his map, but still have not found the time to do it.

I do keep up with what Rocatah(I believe that's his name) tests out though.

12. Silverflame

Silverflame OBJECTION!

I think its appropriate, but I remember the starter of the last thread like this got labeled as a DL from all the mods :lol: Of course they were only joking ;)

13. Lefty Scaevola

Lefty Scaevola Moderatus Illuminatus Super Moderator

Actually I can do so, but I don't.

14. D' Artagnan

D' Artagnan Mousquetaire du Roi

what do you mean you can break the rules ? AFAIK, the rules apply to everyone including moderators. :p

15. Lefty Scaevola

Lefty Scaevola Moderatus Illuminatus Super Moderator

I have far greater skill for 'getting away' with things than almost anyone here (they made me a moderator to co-opt that skill, among other reasons). I have vast senority (log on number 10 with only admins, test logons, 3 erroneous indexed while the server clock was snafued log ons, and 2 posters, prior to me) history and gravitas at the site (still needs to be combined with skill, if you look at a few other unfortunate examples). I have knowledge, money, and little bit of influence in the real world. I can afford multiple ISPs (I already have 2) and proxy services. I can hire any technical help that I want. I use multiple personalities/personnas in real life. For all you know more than one of the moderators and posters may be my DLs.
    :vampire:

16. MrPresident

MrPresident Anglo-Saxon Liberal

Okay, am I the only one who is suddenly very scared of Lefty? Be afraid, be very afraid...

17. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator Supporter

What the evil one was saying is that he can break the rules, i.e. he has the knowledge, the skills, etc. to do so, but because the rules apply to ALL, he doesn't.

At least, as far as anybody can tell. :satan:

Edit: Mr. President: "Suddenly"? I've been afraid of Lefty since I first came to this site. And since I got to know him better in the staff forums, I'm terrified!

18. Alcibiaties of Athenae

Alcibiaties of Athenae Imperator

And out of the two of us, HE'S the NICE one.

19. Zcylen

Zcylen Moonlight Rambler

I think AoA should have added these smilies in his post:
    :satan: :evil:

;)

20. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

He doesn't need to... :eek: