1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

That magic button that probably shouldn't be there...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Ryika, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Ryika

Ryika likes cookies and milk.

So for some reason moderators stop responding when I tell them about a possible problem with the rights distribution of the forum. So... I guess I'll make a public thread to finally get a response. :dunno:

I'm talking about that button here:

Spoiler :

ThisButton.jpg

As you can see, that's the Forum Rules thread, and the forum tells me that I have the ability to convert that thread into a resource. That thread was not even created by me, so unless I'm an utter moron who doesn't understand how forums work these days, I really shouldn't have the ability to do that at all. Yet that button is there, on any thread, created by any user.

I don't know if every user has that button, or if it's a problem unique to my account, but I'm pretty certain that it works, or at least has worked in the past, because I accidentally used at one point, not knowing what it does, and that got a few moderators confused, but apparently, nobody really cared in the end.

Well, I hope this thread makes somebody up there care now. Not that I'd eeeeeeeever think about doing things I shouldn't do with it, like mass-converting infraction reviews and then editing them to be funnier, such a thing I would NEVER do. But still. Doesn't feel right to have that button sit there. Unused... I mean... ...maybe... maybe I should... ...oh, nononononononono. Right. Please do something about it?

2. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Oh, is that what it does?

Yes, everyone has that link. I was never tempted to do anything with it because it didn't make any sense to me. :coffee:

There are other things I'd sooner be able to do here, like sort my PMs into categories based on which person I'm exchanging messages with, or the topic matter. Being able to download PMs to archive them would be nice, too.

But I guess XenForo was designed by idiots who never considered that anyone might want to be able to do these things.

3. Ryika

Ah, then I'm glad it's not my account, I feared there's something seriously wrong with it.

But even more reason for the forum admins to do something about it, not everybody is as trustworthy as I am!

4. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

5. Ryika

Haha... I think it was around 6 months ago or so that I first contacted a moderator about this, and now it has been fixed in about an hour. Guess I contacted the wrong people. ^_^

I'm glad it's gone. :goodjob:

Noble Zarkon likes this.